Minecraft Dungeons Page 2

• TechnoHippy 30 May 2020 16:21:16 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Made it to the last level (I assume) and having to redo the whole level if the boss kills you is a pain in the ass.
  • schoozzzmmii 30 May 2020 19:19:31 68 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @TechnoHippy I started off enjoying this a lot. It looks charming and the core gameplay loop is fun. But as I've played more and more it's started to really grate. The TNT is mostly useless as it gets thrown so far that all the mobs wandering towards you almost never get hit by it unless it hits a wall and then you're just a likely to end up taking damage. I spent quite a while in a level doing stuff to enable access to a chest only to then open the chest and everything in it pop out and immediately fall of a ledge into the abyss. I've fallen through the floor and had to restart a level. I've bounced into the air and never landed, just been stuck there in the air and also had to restart. The final level bounce pads bounced me into a mob which immediately pushed me off a ledge.

But the absolute worst is the final boss, who is so poorly conceived and the time to make it through the level is so long that I've finally given up on around my 8th try. I don't know whether I've not got the right gear to take it on properly but every attempt I spend so long getting to him and he wipes all my lives in around 30 seconds. It's just not fun. I'm amazed that this has made it through to the final released game given it's supposed to be a kind of casual approach to a dungeon crawler. Have finally got fed up and uninstalled.
  • TechnoHippy 30 May 2020 20:04:33 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @schoozzzmmii It is frustrating, but I was enjoying it up until this point. I'll probably give it another try tomorrow, but I'm close to abandoning - which is a shame as I think I'm right at the end.
  • richarddavies 30 May 2020 20:14:19 7,669 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I entertained it for a bit with our youngest lad the other day, but it just seemed like boring, repetitive shite to me. Glad he hasn't asked to play it again to be honest.
  • TechnoHippy 31 May 2020 10:12:35 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    And done, with the thinnest of margins. Not sure I can be bothered with Adventure, although to be fair I rarely replay a game once it's done. I'll take another look if they add more story content.
  • Bichii 31 May 2020 14:37:37 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Jesus Christ. Just beat the first main boss with the kids. Err it went from a snooze fest easy to harder than dark souls. You get downed in seconds and it spits out dozens of ads a second and has a healh bar going on for days.
  • SolidSCB 31 May 2020 14:52:57 12,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That one with all the pink adds and the last boss are a joke. Unless you've got a crossbow repeater with as many rapid fire type perks aas you can and cheese them both in 2 seconds flat they are no fun to fight on your own.
  • TechnoHippy 31 May 2020 16:57:49 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I has a quick go on adventure mode alongside my combat Llama and it's a lot harder.
  • Bichii 2 Jun 2020 18:28:53 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sometimes I play a game and think how the hell parts of it got through testing..

Got to the last boss with the kids today. Most of the game is a breeze then the last boss makes nioh look like a game for babies. Wtf. Who thought that was a good idea?
  • magicpanda 2 Jun 2020 19:40:12 15,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah we are in exactly the same situation. We've gone back and powered up a bit but when the boss unavoidably one hits you what can you do? Are we missing something?
  • nickthegun 2 Jun 2020 20:09:05 81,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I YOLOd it. Youíre never going to do it in one life, so I just tried to chip off at least a quarter per go, used the health shield thing to tank hits and went ham right next to it until I died.

Itís got to be patched. Itís so stupid.
  • TechnoHippy 2 Jun 2020 20:09:15 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I found hiding in the top right and just spamming arrows and powers (I liked the combat llama) did the job quite quickly.
  • nickthegun 2 Jun 2020 20:10:57 81,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dodging off the stage also takes less damage than getting trapped.
  • SolidSCB 2 Jun 2020 20:22:05 12,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep, save all your lives until the end and then go Rambo on the cunt. The only actual strategy on it that's viable is a machine gun crossbow build that will wipe it out before it can fire it's shitty little lasers off.
  • Bichii 2 Jun 2020 20:25:01 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'll giveit another go tomorrow. Maybe switch up everyone's artifacts now I know what's coming. Thinking all the offensive ones to try and rapidly take down it's health,like fireworks, mushroom etc. Not easy getting to that point with no lives lost with three kids!
  • SolidSCB 2 Jun 2020 20:39:10 12,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Combat Llama also works well there if you have one.
  • TechnoHippy 2 Jun 2020 20:51:59 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Yep, save all your lives until the end and then go Rambo on the cunt. The only actual strategy on it that's viable is a machine gun crossbow build that will wipe it out before it can fire it's shitty little lasers off.
    I managed it with a normal crossbow, but a repeating one would have been easier.
  • Bichii 2 Jun 2020 22:02:58 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No combat llama drops as yet. Pretty good game over all though for what it is.
  • Gurgy 3 Jun 2020 11:16:42 2,922 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Iíve been playing on Switch and have been enjoying it.
    I did used to play Diablo but was never too hardcore.

Switch version is so buggy though. Iíve had approx a dozen freezes / force quits in a variety of places. It seems particularly unstable for me if I go from docked to handheld with the system being asleep in the middle. To a point now where I quit and reset Switch before playing in those situations.

Didnít find the final boss too bad but I always grind a bit on such games to be slightly over recommended level.
    I got to him with all lives intact and just kept moving around the lasers and rolling when needed.

I rock a soul gathering with Harvester setup with a combat Llama and Combat Wolf to distract the mobs.
  • Bichii 3 Jun 2020 13:24:55 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheesed the final boss this morning. Then cheesed the cauldron on adventure mode, then realised the rune for that level is after the cauldron and I'll have to do that awful boss again.
  • ChiefGB 3 Jun 2020 15:55:24 12,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iím going to give this a look with some mates, itís nice you can play it with your kids though.
  • TechnoHippy 3 Jun 2020 16:03:53 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Cheesed the final boss this morning. Then cheesed the cauldron on adventure mode, then realised the rune for that level is after the cauldron and I'll have to do that awful boss again.
    That's as far as I got on adventure mode. I might give it another try if Maneater hasn't been patched by the weekend.
  • Bichii 10 Jun 2020 14:24:44 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    About half way through apocalypse mode..the bosses are terrible in this game. Every boss we cheese as they all have insane health pools (unless you've currently got a particular bow with the right enchanted powers) and kill you in two hits. Thank god you can cheese or hide on every boss.

It really needs some kind of crafting system as most of the time you need to pick the higher level stuff as you need to drops to increase but often it might be a crap bow. Soul bow is trash but might be eight levels higher than your epic harp bow but you kinda need to equip the soul bow to raise the drop level. With crafting you could really create the build you wanted.

I need to Google it but we are still missing one secret mission, we have four and I'm sure I read there is five.
  • Phattso 10 Jun 2020 14:26:26 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    After 20 fruitless minutes of clicking away, discovered that PC players can't play with XBOX players in this. It's a first party release, right? What a ball ache. No message to say we couldn't play together, just didn't do anything when we tried to invite or add to the session by hand.
  • TechnoHippy 17 Jun 2020 12:18:36 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Completed Adventure mode, and now onto Apocalypse mode - I have to say, it's more fun on the higher modes.
  • TechnoHippy 28 Jun 2020 17:50:49 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Apocalypse mode finished - the final level took more attempts than I cared for.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Jun 2020 18:24:17 24,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hadn't realised there was a thread for this. Playing it with my boy at the minute and it's great. Some of the bosses are a bit rough though.

Edited by Decks at 18:24:38 28-06-2020
  • Bichii 28 Jun 2020 18:27:33 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Decks yep. We cheese almost every boss, except maybe one or two bosses there are easy ways to kill them otherwise nearly all over ridiculously difficult compared to the levels. Me and the kids are pretty much max level and bosses on apocalypse still wreck you in seconds.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.