Freesync on tvs and monitors that support VRR

• thomasjoelcarter 23 May 2020 03:06:16 3 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So there is a piece of software on pc named "CRU utility" (not mine) which allows you to force freesync on non compatible(or shall we say officially supported) displays, in a non destructive, and highly resetable fashion via the software.

I used it on my LG Oled which is apparently compatible with nvidias G sync option, but oddly enough omits to support amds option, however with the afforementioned software it can be essentially forced fo work and with, to my eye, at least, produce noticeable results, but i would love if the likes of digital foundry would look into this technology and see if theres any viability to it.

Below i have posted a link to a youtube video,(again not my own) to which all other relevant links can be found, even if digital foundry dont take it on, i would like to hear what others hear think of such things.

Force freesync on vrr compatible displays
  • thomasjoelcarter 23 May 2020 16:37:17 3 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shameless last attempt of a bump, would it be easier if i messaged digital foundry directly?
  • Fake_Blood 23 May 2020 16:57:00 10,214 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Best bet is to hit them up on Twitter, they always point to that for questions and suggestions at the end of their videos.
  • Fake_Blood 23 May 2020 17:02:54 10,214 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And for future reference, there is zero interaction between anyone over at EG and the forum, so we're pretty sure nobody from the site ever reads any of it.
  • thomasjoelcarter 23 May 2020 17:03:04 3 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks so much, i dont really use twitter but ive certainly got the time on my hands to blow the dust off the account.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.