Fallout TV Show

• wobbly_Bob 3 Jul 2020 11:59:36 5,162 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fallout TV Show from Westworld Creaters BE STILL MY CHOLESTEROL CLOGGED BEATING HEART! Gonna sub for a month just to watch this.
  • Mola_Ram 3 Jul 2020 12:01:44 24,022 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not hopeful, but I guess they'll have access to better writers than Bethesda does.

And hey, if it turns out to be rubbish I'm sure mods will fix it.
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Jul 2020 12:09:14 5,162 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I'm not hopeful, but I guess they'll have access to better writers than Bethesda does.

Heh :-) I'm pretty hopeful. Westword is rightly well regarded. I was sceptical about the Witcher and that turned out great (IMO) So keeping the optimistic hat on for the moment. Early days yet!

Speaking of TV, Where's my Judge Dredd TV show? :-(
  • Bambot 3 Jul 2020 12:21:24 1,837 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    From the people who utterly fucked up Westworld?

Nah.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 3 Jul 2020 12:31:52 14,003 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hope they do it in engine like that South Park WOW episode and Final Fantasy: Dad of Light
  • Mola_Ram 3 Jul 2020 12:31:59 24,022 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see an adaptation of the first game. The plot in it is so bittersweet, before all the wacky humour and references, and before the series got poisoned by Bethesda.
  • Mola_Ram 3 Jul 2020 12:35:10 24,022 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    (I may or may not use this thread to vent about the Fallout series in general, apologies in advance if this annoys you)
  • wobbly_Bob 3 Jul 2020 12:55:57 5,162 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    From the people who utterly fucked up Westworld?

Nah.
    How did they fuck it up? I've only seen the first season and not got around to watching the new ones. Isn't it good? I read it's been picked up for a forth season.
  • Mola_Ram 3 Jul 2020 12:59:37 24,022 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's very patchy. It started out well in S2 and S3, but didn't really maintain that level. 3 in particular was pretty disappointing imo.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Jul 2020 12:59:44 20,059 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:

Either that or they'll charge you an additional subscription to put back the missing parts of the script.
  • TechnoHippy 3 Jul 2020 13:05:25 17,520 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Fingers crossed it'll be decent, the first season of Westworld was good, but I lost interest in the second. I did try the third, but couldn't get into it.
  • Jono62 3 Jul 2020 13:43:18 25,386 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:

Either that or they'll charge you an additional subscription to put back the missing parts of the script.
    Don't give Amazon ideas.

'Watch Season one now. If you want to see how it ends, you will have to get the end of season DLC, which is sold separately.'
  • Mola_Ram 3 Jul 2020 15:26:59 24,022 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bethesda writers: "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a town with people living around a giant unexploded nuclear bomb that could detonate at any minute?"

Amazon people: "Well I don't actually think anyone would want to live in a place like th-"

Bethesda writers: "...and wouldn't it be cool if someone EXPLODED the nuclear bomb just because some rich guy didn't want the town blocking his view? FUCK THAT WOULD BE AAAAWESOOOOME"

Amazon people: "...you really like nuclear weapons don't you"

Bethesda writers: "OMFG IN A FUTURE SEASON WE COULD GET VIEWERS TO FIRE NUKES AT THEIR LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTERS"

Amazon people: "Um... maybe we should get someone else to write this"
  • Your-Mother 3 Jul 2020 15:43:16 4,488 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fallout 1 had a ton of wacky humor and pop culture references in it. You could have a random encounter with the Tardis ffs. Fallout 2 was off the charts with it. It practically had the entire Monty Python and the Holy Grail movie in it as encounters.
  • Mola_Ram 3 Jul 2020 15:46:30 24,022 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the first game had quite a bit of the wackiness, but it still felt way more grounded than the second game (which I still really liked, just not in the same way).
  • Scimarad 3 Jul 2020 16:53:32 9,756 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

The other seasons weren't as good as the first one but I absolutely wouldn't go as far as 'they fucked it up'.
  • ChiefGB 3 Jul 2020 17:34:18 12,578 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was under the impression season 3 was a return to form, ffs Iíve been grinding my way through 2 in hope of this news, just the finale to go.

Meanwhile, fallout show, doesnít really do much for me thereís not really anything to it outside of familiar locations and characters which donít bring much either.

It will likely be shit. But Iíll keep an eye on it.
  • drhickman1983 3 Jul 2020 18:47:46 6,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought the first season of Westworld was twaddle. If it got worse in glad I stopped watching.
  • frightlever 8 Jul 2020 14:52:21 1,492 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First season of Westworld was 75% good, 25% parallel timelines confusion - much like what happened with The Witcher on Netflix. Season 2 was trash and 3, while somewhat better, wasn't great.

Making a Fallout TV show seems pretty pointless unless they're leaning heavily into the lore. Supermutants, Deathclaws, Brotherhood of Steel, ghouls - they pack all that on screen then have at it, I'm on board.

Or they can do what Netflix did with the Daybreak comic strip, and ditch EVERYTHING about the comic that was great and make a whacky teenage Warriors take on zombies show, which I enjoyed but had nothing to do with the bleak, second person comic that they paid money to license and even involve the creator.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.