Hellpoint.... a Soulborne in Space Page 2

• Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Sep 2020 23:05:06 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Puppet boss is around the 1/4 point, I think. He's the first of the big Lord bosses. The area he's in is vast and you don't need to explore most of it to get to him. May want to focus on fully exploring it and levelling up before tying him. He's a big difficulty spike (but an awesome fight).

And yeah, that boss-pair. Definitely never see them again. No way they're showing up later as trash mobs.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Sep 2020 23:11:17 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Puppet boss is around the 1/4 point, I think. He's the first of the big Lord bosses. The area he's in is vast and you don't need to explore most of it to get to him. May want to focus on fully exploring it and levelling up before tying him. He's a big difficulty spike (but an awesome fight).

And yeah, that boss-pair. Definitely never see them again. No way they're showing up later as trash mobs.
    I beat him second attempt, probably over powered. I havenít done any grinding but havenít lost any souls yet

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 23:16:43 14-09-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Sep 2020 23:16:03 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Nice. He took me a lot more than that. Though I only figured out after umpteen attempts how weapon upgrade system worked and that I wanted to be using a ranged weapon.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Sep 2020 23:18:57 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Graxlar_v3 Nice. He took me a lot more than that. Though I only figured out after umpteen attempts how weapon upgrade system worked and that I wanted to be using a ranged weapon.
    Yeah I had managed to upgrade my weapon to +5 by the time I fought him thanks to wuntys advice. I had made a full set of the warriors armour prior to fighting him too which meant I was a bit slow but quite well defended.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Sep 2020 23:21:47 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You've got a few options as to where to go next, though Arisen Dominion is probably the obvious choice. You access that from the previously-locked door in the corridor in the Embassy that led to the first boss.

Did you do the monolith area, btw? Those are pretty cool.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Sep 2020 23:25:45 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    You've got a few options as to where to go next, though Arisen Dominion is probably the obvious choice. You access that from the previously-locked door in the corridor in the Embassy that led to the first boss.

Did you do the monolith area, btw? Those are pretty cool.
    Yeah had no ideas what I was doing though but grabbed a lot of good items
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Sep 2020 23:58:30 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Played a bit more tonight and killed the Transporter. Got something that looks very much like a better version of the railgun. Will give that a go next time I play.

Edit: Also, this is a pretty decent full-fledged Soulslike, which has gotten criminally little attention. It's definitely better than Mortal Shell, which had way more coverage.

Edited by Rogueywon at 00:01:06 15-09-2020
  • Bichii 15 Sep 2020 00:04:25 3,465 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I haven't played either yet but mortal shell had much better average reviews than hellpoint. I really need to get both at some point.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2020 00:08:47 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's not even close for me. Mortal Shell had the whole "ooh, tiny dev team" thing going, but it was seriously lacking in content and rough as hell. Hellpoint has rough edges and could have done with some tuning of its level design, but it's basically Dark Souls meets Event Horizon and that is the best concept ever.
  • Bichii 15 Sep 2020 00:10:17 3,465 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah well event horizon is one of my favourite films ever so sounds delightful
  • wuntyate 15 Sep 2020 07:32:01 15,298 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Second lord down this morning. Slow going as I'm only getting the odd hour a day but still loving it. I agree that it is head and shoulders above Mortal Shell, but I do still very much like MS. This is more ambitious however, by quite some margin. There's so much to explore, it's nuts. Keep finding new ways to go and more and more hidden rooms.

Interestingly I have over 100% of data now but still haven't killed the third lord. Yet the architect needs me to kill him to make something. Hmmm.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2020 22:29:13 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finished up in Arcology Underside tonight. Some of the platforming gets really annoying towards the end, albeit during optional exploration off the critical path. I've actually kept the Exo Suit on now I'm back indoors... its protection is decent.
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Sep 2020 00:12:18 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got 3 of the 4 seals... canít find the last one for the life of me. Went to union park fought a fat boss, he was easy no wondering around trying to work out what to do now 😐.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 16 Sep 2020 00:17:39 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 You can get all four of the Seals in the Arisen Dominion. Not sure which one you're missing, but it's worth considering all of the places you can reach from the breach, if you jump a bit.
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Sep 2020 09:18:46 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Rogueywon yeah, I need to go back and look for it but the only place I think it could be is either the sun alter? Which I canít access or the room with the big blue sun (which I canít seem to find a way to the ground floor)
  • wuntyate 16 Sep 2020 10:19:01 15,298 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rogueywon I grabbed 20 mins earlier to get the broken EVA suit so I'm all set. Going to brave the platforming to see what's there before I go back to the Arisen Dominion and fight the boss there. Then I think I must be pretty close to the end...
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 16 Sep 2020 10:23:47 9,361 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I did find there's another way to get the broken EVA suit last night. Get to 100% data completion and go to the High Ateliers - there's one right by the entrance lift (in the Embassy).
  • wuntyate 16 Sep 2020 10:25:31 15,298 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ha ha really? So I would have stumbled upon it eventually. Quite cool that there's a way to get one earlier though.
  • Graxlar_v3 17 Sep 2020 00:08:07 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    2nd god dead. Time to find that EVA suit then.
  • Graxlar_v3 17 Sep 2020 19:45:49 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Have to say, I liked the second god a lot. Been thinking about it today and he really required clever play whilst not being super difficult. As soon as I moved from trying to fit in an attack wherever possible to paying attention to his set ups it was quite an enjoyable fight.

He took me about 5 attempts. I have found a big issue with the game though and hat is.. no matter what weapon I use, none are doing the damage of the second weapon I got in the game (spiked bat).
  • wuntyate 17 Sep 2020 20:14:10 15,298 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm using the Red Saber. It's beastly in terms of the amount of energy and life recharge it leeches. I have this huge big staff thing as well.

What god did you fight 2nd? Uthos?

I did most of Arcology Underside this morning. The boss did my tits in as it's such a small area. Finally got him then realised there was an area I hadn't done so spent the next 15 minutes falling to my doom. Will try again later.

Edited by wuntyate at 20:15:49 17-09-2020
  • Graxlar_v3 17 Sep 2020 21:04:45 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @wuntyate nah Nemundis.
  • Graxlar_v3 17 Sep 2020 21:09:50 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    change of mood though... i looked through my weapons and found the grax weapon of choice :) I have a +7 Linked Espadon (great sword) and a Artillery Shield (tower shield) it fucking shreds and the tower shield basically never loses enough stamina to be a problem :).
  • wuntyate 17 Sep 2020 21:14:15 15,298 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ooooh, not done him yet. I presume he's the Arisen Dominion guy? Think I just have him to go.
  • Graxlar_v3 17 Sep 2020 21:48:44 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Any idea what is in Oteaga tower? I got the key, looked around but nothing stood out as worth the effort so i am sure i missed something.
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Sep 2020 00:55:02 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hit credits, didnít get the true ending. Will maybe play through it again another time with a guide.
  • wuntyate 18 Sep 2020 08:30:55 15,298 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 That tower is in Ikari Walkways, where did you get the key? Been looking everywhere for it!

I'm as far as what I presume is the final boss (Sentient). He's quite... Mental. So taking the opportunity to explore and already found a ton of areas and at least one more optional boss I'd missed.
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Sep 2020 08:37:07 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @wuntyate if you are in Ikari walkway during an eclipse a room is boarded off. Go there kill all the enemies and you get the key.

The last Ďbossí for me was the interface. I think it bugged out as it didnít attack which sucked.
  • wuntyate 18 Sep 2020 08:58:08 15,298 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 ah cool I'll have a look!

Ah damn that's a shame. He was a bit weird for me too and sometimes didn't seem to attack. This guy after him is bloody making up for it though.
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Sep 2020 10:02:07 10,467 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @Graxlar_v3 ah cool I'll have a look!

Ah damn that's a shame. He was a bit weird for me too and sometimes didn't seem to attack. This guy after him is bloody making up for it though.
    yeah.. i didn't get the guy after, it kicked me back to the start of the loop. I have looked at guides since and apparently because i didn't do all the prodigal son storyline I got the 'bad' ending. I am going to take a break from it for now but will probably go back to do the true ending at some point.

I really liked the gameplay in this, combat and movement felt very fluid (though i was a slow arse tank) and it was nice to have a souls-like that didnt feel the need to be brutally tough (the two dicks early on took me the most attempts, with the transporter taking 4 or 5 as i kept clipping into the walls). But i kinda killed the game for me in the transporter fight as i found a easy win attack which meant that even though i took on the last god during an eclipse he barely singed me (as the attack hits, press dodge and it cancels the animation and you jump back, it means that you can wait for an attack dodge forward attack/dodge and then dodge again to recover stamina and you dont get hit).

This is all offset by some (in my opinion) terrible TERRIBLE signposting/level design. there were too many times when i would finish an area and find myself back at the observatory scratching my head as to where i am meant to go next and getting duplicate key cards meant that i was unsure whether i had to go back to an area or not. I will admit to resorting to google to find the location of the sun hall card and which area the burnt god boss was as i was hopping to and from areas going huh!.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.