Following Marvel's Avengers Page 2

• JamboWayOh 5 Aug 2020 15:22:08 21,096 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    I mean it's shit, and it shouldn't be a thing, but it's not so bad to forfeit 99% of the product because you aren't getting 1% of it some time next year.
    I'd say Spiderman counts as somewhat more than 1% of an Avengers game.
    Also the fact remains that this isn't a timed exclusive.
  • Derblington 5 Aug 2020 15:27:12 34,074 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If it was a timed exclusive I don't think it'd be much of an issue at all. If it's locked then it's smart business but shitty for the other platform players.

But I still don't think it's worth ignoring the game over if it's something you're going to enjoy though. It is one character of many.
    The biggest of the Marvel characters, yes, but I don't think anyone was buying the Avengers game for Spider-man (and we didn't even know he was going to be in it until we found out he was exclusive...).
  • JamboWayOh 5 Aug 2020 15:36:29 21,096 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    https://kotaku.com/i-played-the-avengers-beta-and-im-not-excited-1844617278

Another impression. I'm quite a big Marvel fan so this bums me out.
  • sport 5 Aug 2020 15:49:56 16,342 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I'm quite a big Marvel fan so this bums.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-01/27/20/enhanced/webdr03/original-grid-image-17919-1422407895-16.jpg?crop=293:439;109,121
  • JamboWayOh 5 Aug 2020 15:53:23 21,096 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I approve of this bum.
  • richarddavies 5 Aug 2020 16:04:19 7,943 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    America's butt.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/1f/32/871f32a7f279423d3c5c4820de89fee2.jpg
  • Switch-v85 5 Aug 2020 16:17:36 4,097 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/marvels-avengers-team-spider-man-playstation-exclusivity/

when it comes down to choices of where and what Spider-Man can be, that's a relationship question that PlayStation absolutely has the rights to, that as you guys know, with Sony's ownership there, and Marvel with Sony saying, 'Hey, this is something we can do. This is something we can do on this platform.'

"And so, what we do as creators is say, 'This is an opportunity that we can make something unique, and fun, and awesome that we all...you just talked about Black Widow, and to be able to have that experience. So we love the idea of being able to bring this character to the PlayStation players.
  • Farley2k 5 Aug 2020 17:04:46 252 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Marvel's Avengers - Easy Allies Beta Impressions
    *after watching I am not very excited about it. It reeks of generic combat, characters, etc.

• ChiefGB 5 Aug 2020 20:13:55 12,832 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iíve not been that excited since I first saw it. It just looks ďoffĒ.
    And it really had the ingredients to make me hope otherwise. It just seems a bit brainless and looks like it brings nothing new to the table.

Mind you Iím taking a vg sabbatical at the moment, itís all feeling a bit played out really.
  • Derblington 5 Aug 2020 22:55:35 34,074 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    A different vibe to the other previews:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/5/21354262/marvels-avengers-beta-impressions-iron-man-hulk-ms-marvel-black-widow-missions-warzones-loot-skills
  • Ultrasoundwave 5 Aug 2020 23:13:53 6,127 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been listening to the previews and the general consensus seems to be that itís ď7/10 combat in 5/10 environments with 9/10 story and 5/10 side missionsĒ

Oh, and Microtransactions.

I should be a reviewer....
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Aug 2020 07:44:03 10,586 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Been listening to the previews and the general consensus seems to be that itís ď7/10 combat in 5/10 environments with 9/10 story and 5/10 side missionsĒ

Oh, and Microtransactions.

I should be a reviewer....
    And letís not forgot, they (Sony/Disney/Square/CD) are fucking over Xbox and pc players by excluding a pretty significant character from the avengers line up!

Honestly I played and beat marvel alliance and that was a bad game! I would have happily played this to death but removing one of the pillars of marvel from the copy of the game I would have to buy to play with friends is too much bullshit for my liking.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 07:44:22 06-08-2020
  • DFawkes 6 Aug 2020 08:44:10 32,649 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    He's not removed content, he's DLC (which I understand isn't any less disappointing but there you go).

I'm still hyped though. I haven't been buying many games this year and it's the first I've been excited about. I have no doubt it'll mostly be generic button bashing nonsense but right now that's sort of what I want in a game. I've just done Mass Effect Andromeda, Mad Max and Horizon Zero Dawn so I don't want anything too epic, I want to be a Marvel hero that goes up to a Marvel villain and presses a button repeatedly!

Only 2 days until the first beta now :D
  • Derblington 6 Aug 2020 08:46:38 34,074 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Sounds more like Sony adding him to their Avengers roster rather than taking him from elsewhere, from the link posted up this page.

While I'm not particularly hyped about the game in general I do think there's going to be enough in the game to keep me playing through it. The Easy Allies and Polygon previews have made me feel a bit better about it all.

Edited by Derblington at 08:48:16 06-08-2020
  • Decks 6 Aug 2020 08:54:12 26,870 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah that was my reading of it. Sounds like it's been put in as a bonus character and won't be involved in the story missions and stuff.
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Aug 2020 08:59:55 10,586 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ok... itís a character I will not have access to not based on the amount of money I pay for the game but instead the hardware I choose to use. A character that is basically Marvels batman. I can only assume if (and I hope this never ever happens) the rumoured justice league game added batman as an additional character exclusive to Xbox people will just be as accepting?
  • Derblington 6 Aug 2020 09:11:48 34,074 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Batman would be more akin to Ironman.

Spidey isn't a default Avenger, he was likely never intended to be part of this game. Marvel and Sony likely got together and added him for the PS game, probably on Sony's dime (though this is all speculation based on things I've read about the game and Spider-man rights, but if so then it's nothing like the situation you're floating).
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Aug 2020 09:13:16 33,272 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's not just a crappy bonus character though is it?

Its fucking Spider-man.
  • Decks 6 Aug 2020 09:14:57 26,870 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As he says though, he's not really an Avenger so they've probably just stuck him in as an extra.
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Aug 2020 10:01:10 10,586 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spiderman has been an Avenger on and off since almost the beginning.

Console exclusive stuff has always sucked but again... itís spiderman. From a fan, it just sucks. I donít think I can say more than that really, it doesnít matter what the background deal is or how much money Sony threw at Crystal Dynamics. It just sucks as an end consumer when I spend the same amount on a product but get less.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 10:02:18 06-08-2020
  • dfunked09 6 Aug 2020 10:02:30 517 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I'm actually looking forward to cancelling my Xbox preorder as soon as I get the beta code. That was always the plan, but it'll just feel a little sweeter now.

The exclusive content in Destiny 2 always pissed me off. It wasn't enough to tempt me away from playing on my preferred platform even though I owned a PS4, so I just missed out on it. Bullshit tactics!
  • Decks 6 Aug 2020 10:06:33 26,870 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It does seem like a needlessly dickish move given how much more it'll sell on the PS4 anyway, but yeah it does read to me like they've added it in at Sony's request rather than it being removed from the Xbox version.
  • Derblington 6 Aug 2020 10:19:09 34,074 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Spiderman has been an Avenger on and off since almost the beginning.
    Heís helped them but didnít join a team for about 30 years. Heís a much more recent addition then the founding and MCU members, which this is heavily taking from.

Not arguing that his exclusivity doesnít suck, I just donít think itís worth the outrage the internet is making about it.

Edited by Derblington at 10:19:45 06-08-2020
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Aug 2020 10:25:17 10,586 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ahhh see I disagree wholeheartedly on that point.

I think all console exclusivity in multiplatform games deserves this level of outrage. Itís consumer unfriendly and it is bullshit. Add to that the fact that spiderman is the marvel character we all grew up with is salt in the wounds.

Trust me, I had the same reaction to the destiny & destiny 2 exclusivity deal. Itís just a bullshit sandwich and sucks.
  • richarddavies 6 Aug 2020 10:31:55 7,943 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And on the flip side of the argument. I think if you can type a sentence as an adult that your outraged that you can't play as spiderman on the new avengers game coming out on certain consoles and really mean it, you need to take a step back and maybe play less. Take up painting or stamp collecting.

Anything else really.
  • Rhaegyr 6 Aug 2020 10:52:11 5,236 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nobody in this thread as far as I can see is going off on one and screaming "THIS IS BULLSHIT!!1!", just pointing out that it's not the most consumer friendly practise and it sucks for owners who will only go with one console.

Don't think that's unreasonable.
  • richarddavies 6 Aug 2020 11:03:26 7,943 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Literally the post before mine says it's bullshit.
    It says it twice actually.
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Aug 2020 11:13:28 10,586 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    And on the flip side of the argument. I think if you can type a sentence as an adult that your outraged that you can't play as spiderman on the new avengers game coming out on certain consoles and really mean it, you need to take a step back and maybe play less. Take up painting or stamp collecting.

Anything else really.
    Thanks for your input but whilst I do think it is bullshit, not shouting :).

I also donít see any reason I cannot be Ďupsetí that sonyís business practices mean I will have less enjoyment with a game because I chose to play it on Xbox. I like games, they are a hobby I have had for a long long time, that means I am personally invested enough to have feelings about this stuff.

Now, I am not saying I am going to go on twitter and start posting death threats to the developers, thatís just dumb. But I feel ranting on a games forum about the effect of business practises have on my hobby should be allowed no?
  • Derblington 6 Aug 2020 11:15:03 34,074 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.