Following Marvel's Avengers Page 18

Next Last
  • DFawkes 16 Oct 2020 17:40:00 32,649 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Objective speaking, there is a credits currency you can earn in game that is limited to 7800 available through gameplay. This is the one you can buy with real money. As battle passes unlock at least 1000 credits and cost 1000 credits, you can leapfrog along earning enough for the next one. However this is currently moot as there are no paid battle passes available yet.

The negatives of this system are that the credits you can unlock through gameplay alone are time-gated to weekly and daily challenges. For example, if you were to buy the game today and see a paid skins you really want, you will only be able to unlock it free after 2-3 weeks (1 if you know what you're doing). Don't get me wrong, it's clear they're hoping you'll just buy currency, so I understand if people don't like that. Also, as there is a set amount of this currency unlockable through gameplay, you won't be able to afford everything at once without spending real money.

I hope this is clear enough. I've tried to stick to the objective facts but if there's anything not clear, let me know :)
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2020 17:52:51 21,094 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I feel like user DFawkes would be a good community manager for this game.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2020 18:03:11 21,094 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You know what, this is a strange one, it really is. Like many have pointed out here this game literally is licence to print money and they kind of screwed the pooch in a way. I understand that they've definitely had to work under some incredibly hard conditions especially when you factor in the the forest fires where some of the devs live, but I feel like this goes beyond that and more into into a mishandling of the property of what the game could have been. When you have so many different examples of GaaS it's baffling that they've all repeated the same mistakes I mean Destiny came out like what, 7 years ago and not many other games have learned from it. I still heavily maintain the idea that this did not need to be a game of this genre, it really didn't. A single play with drop in drop out coop would have been great but when you have your campaign sitting awkwardly with a multiplayer with issues someone should have intervened. I feel like a Jason Schreier type devle in will reveal a lot about what actually happend with this game.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 18:04:37 16-10-2020
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Oct 2020 18:49:43 10,586 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If no on
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2020 22:16:21 21,094 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3

Very enlightening Grax.
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Oct 2020 22:21:37 10,586 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    @Graxlar_v3

Very enlightening Grax.
    Yes... not sure what happened there or what I was trying to say
  • ChiefGB 17 Oct 2020 11:46:04 12,832 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    “Drugs r bad, m’kay”
    🤣
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.