Monster Hunter Rise Page 9

• brokenkey 27 Mar 2021 17:54:36 11,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    Ddanno wrote:
    You can change appearances whenever you like :)

SW-8427-7950-7887
    Can you? You can change your hair,eyebrows and makeup, I didn't think you could change your face/sex (or should that be type?)
  • Daeltaja 27 Mar 2021 19:07:06 2,060 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    World was pretty forgettable IMO. Felt too familiar and did very little new. At least Rise tries some new stuff.
  • chrisno21 27 Mar 2021 19:52:18 2,488 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The lack of seamless mp is a big loss in this one. Can't just play and drop in/out as desired.
  • LoneWolf80 27 Mar 2021 20:00:26 197 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just reached 4 star Village quests. Clocked 21 hours since yesterday morning. Unheard of for me that is on a release day game especially on the switch.
  • Alastair 27 Mar 2021 20:40:00 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:
    World was pretty forgettable IMO. Felt too familiar and did very little new. At least Rise tries some new stuff.
    Scoutflies
    Change to armour skills
    Seamless maps
    No paintballs
    Raider rides
    Wall slams
  • Murbs 27 Mar 2021 20:51:30 25,138 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    After monster Hunter World I think they should have called this Monster Hunter Land
  • brokenkey 27 Mar 2021 21:31:26 11,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    The lack of seamless mp is a big loss in this one. Can't just play and drop in/out as desired.
    It's got SOS functionality. And a "connect" function no don't understand yet. It doesn't seem far off how I multiplayer through MHW.
  • brokenkey 27 Mar 2021 22:07:34 11,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    I like that you can join a MP mission whilst standing anywhere. Having the quest board on the action bar is a stroke of genius.
  • Alastair 27 Mar 2021 22:27:30 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    I've given longsword a go.
    Starting to see the attraction.

And hunting horn is the ultimate multiplayer support weapon.
  • Derblington 28 Mar 2021 00:38:27 35,105 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Daeltaja wrote:
    Scoutflies
    Change to armour skills
    Seamless maps
    No paintballs
    Raider rides
    Wall slams
    And then Iceborne added a bit more, though less straight up “new” and more refinements I guess. Though the clutch claw is significant.
  • chrisno21 28 Mar 2021 09:52:10 2,488 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    chrisno21 wrote:
    It's got SOS functionality. And a "connect" function no don't understand yet. It doesn't seem far off how I multiplayer through MHW.
    True, I remember you being on SOS a lot in world.
    What I meant was the option to solo, SOS with randoms, or jump in a hunt with buddies and voice chat from the same place. Was a fantastic setup.

The hunts I enjoy by far the most are the latter.

Here I have to open a room and put a pin on it just to keep randoms out as marking it 'playing with friends' doesn't stop a random filling the room. A 'friend's only' room isn't an option.
  • Lukree 28 Mar 2021 09:53:57 583 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Uhh the amount of shitty tutorial dialogs is appalling. Controls with joycon drift is quite bad, but not as bad as with 3ds.

The maps look nice and the gameplay loop is still excellent. Like the wirebug jumping actually. Riding monsters against each other and extra drops from monsters are nice.

Mostly have no idea what I am doing!
  • Alastair 28 Mar 2021 11:08:27 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Here I have to open a room and put a pin on it just to keep randoms out as marking it 'playing with friends' doesn't stop a random filling the room. A 'friend's only' room isn't an option.
    When we played on Friday night you gave me a code to get into the lobby.
    Does that not keep randoms out?
  • chrisno21 28 Mar 2021 11:23:31 2,488 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    chrisno21 wrote:
    It does it's just that others on my friends list, most of which aren't in the discord, couldn't get in if they wanted to as they didn't have the code that was only in the discord.

Am loving the game, just think the online is a bit of a backwards step.
  • Graxlar_v3 28 Mar 2021 13:57:00 11,253 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    chrisno21 wrote:
    It does it's just that others on my friends list, most of which aren't in the discord, couldn't get in if they wanted to as they didn't have the code that was only in the discord.

Am loving the game, just think the online is a bit of a backwards step.
    Backwards step online... that has to take some doing fo be honest.
  • UncleLou Moderator 28 Mar 2021 14:08:11 40,692 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    Don't have Rise yet, but I found MH:W always irritating af with its forced online mode. You basically have to unplug the ethernet cable to get into single-player.

Edited by UncleLou at 14:08:34 28-03-2021
  • Graxlar_v3 28 Mar 2021 14:20:31 11,253 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also I just set up a private room and didn’t invite anyone when I wanted single player
  • UncleLou Moderator 28 Mar 2021 14:28:17 40,692 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    @ZuluHero It was annoying when I didn’t even have PS+. A strange mixture of having to start an online session and half a dozen messages that I need PS+ to use all features.
  • UncleLou Moderator 28 Mar 2021 15:33:07 40,692 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    I think it moans once when you boot the game when the console is offline, but then it just let's you load your savegame. No need to create an online session, set it to "private", wait for the server to respond, etc., click away a couple off "PS+ needed" windows, etc.

Edited by UncleLou at 15:34:09 28-03-2021
  • brokenkey 28 Mar 2021 19:31:02 11,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    Blimey, magnamalo horn drop rates are low (1-3% per hunt).
  • Alastair 28 Mar 2021 20:58:37 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Don't have Rise yet, but I found MH:W always irritating af with its forced online mode. You basically have to unplug the ethernet cable to get into single-player.
    I would put the PS4 to sleep and then when I reboot later it was in single player...
    I also had my own squad.
    Overall it wasn't a big deal, imo.
  • Rufus 29 Mar 2021 02:38:38 1,872 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not played a game this much since BotW. The changes are incredible (aside from the demo, I skipped MH World - played all the others (bar P3rd) before it though). Just little things like being able to sharpen a weapon whilst riding your palamute/no drinks for environments/radial dial for items, are amazing. And the changes to weapon movesets are marvellous (sliding with a charge blade here). On lvl 4 quests now and I'm absolutely hooked.
  • THFourteen 29 Mar 2021 06:52:36 54,913 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    My copy should be here tomorrow. Went physical from curry’s as £32 and can sell it if I don’t get on with it.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.