Monster Hunter Rise Page 13

• LoneWolf80 8 Apr 2021 23:00:41 193 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    HR7 ploughed 103 hours in so far absolutely loving it.
  • jonathanlealand 9 Apr 2021 07:40:19 169 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is this game too easy? Iím on 4* monsters and havenít been carted once, or even ever been in any serious peril. Not bothered maximising armour and stats as simply havenít had a reason too... yet.
  • LoneWolf80 9 Apr 2021 07:45:37 193 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @jonathanlealand difficulty ramps up on 5/6* quests
  • Ddanno 9 Apr 2021 08:31:08 1,847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Start the hub quests, they have more punch and take a lot more punching. Even then, we're waiting for the release of G-Rank for things to get really nasty
  • Lukree 9 Apr 2021 08:53:36 583 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    At first I thought that the rampage mode is fun distraction - but after a few it's just chaos in a bad way in my opinion. :(
  • Murbs 9 Apr 2021 09:18:44 25,089 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Only done the one rampage so far, but yeah - definitely not what I come to MH for. Glad to see the back of it, so not keen to come up against another.
  • Alastair 9 Apr 2021 09:48:42 24,764 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I ended up doing Goss Harag and Tigrex last night. Goss Harag was quite easy.
    And I did a low level rampage. It was OK, but the AI seem to do very little.
    Feels like it would be better with four players, most of whom know what they're doing*.

*I don't yet count myself in that group. I keep forgetting to guard when on a ballista. And I don't feel like I'm using the cannon effectively.
  • brokenkey 9 Apr 2021 09:55:21 10,963 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    If MH is a game we love because the mechanics are so badly explainled, then we should love Rampage.

There's a rampage objective of "inflict elemental blight". Cannons have elemental ammo. But you have to keep you finger on Y to charge the ammo up prior to firing it to make it powerful enought to inflict elemental conditions on monster (and when you do fire, its area-of-effect so you can hit multiple at once).

Its definately a part of the game which needs a proper guide. Don't use Fugen early.
  • Alastair 9 Apr 2021 10:11:02 24,764 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I've not seen many Youtube videos covering the Rampages so far...
    Would have thought Arekkz, Paradise Central or TwoSixNine would have done one by now.

Ha!!
    I stand corrected. :)
    https://youtu.be/Aj9lrh9Crk8

Edited by Alastair at 10:12:23 09-04-2021
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Apr 2021 10:21:40 10,962 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wirebugs are great fun aren't they. Can anyone let me know if we get more in the future as zipping around the map with them is the best.
  • brokenkey 9 Apr 2021 10:31:01 10,963 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    If you want the Amiibo DLC but aren't fussed about owning the amiibo, then aliexpress is your friend:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002373173186.html
  • THFourteen 9 Apr 2021 14:56:41 54,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    wirebugs are great fun aren't they. Can anyone let me know if we get more in the future as zipping around the map with them is the best.
    Too many buttons for my brain to comprehend right now.

I keep drinking potions by randomly pressing the wrong button to the extent I have to leave that on whetstone.
  • Alastair 9 Apr 2021 15:15:29 24,764 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

I keep drinking potions by randomly pressing the wrong button to the extent I have to leave that on whetstone.
    You're using SnS right?
    That's the only weapon that allows you to drink potions with weapon drawn. :)
  • ZuluHero 9 Apr 2021 15:52:11 10,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Lukree wrote:
    At first I thought that the rampage mode is fun distraction - but after a few it's just chaos in a bad way in my opinion. :(
    That's kind of what I thought about the expeditions in 4.
  • brokenkey 9 Apr 2021 16:38:32 10,963 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Too many buttons for my brain to comprehend right now.

You should be using the shortcut wheel for potions and sharpening. If you sharpen from the shortcut wheel, you don't lose time putting your weapon away first.

And make sure you change the control setting for the shortcut wheel so that its type 2, which means you need to click the R stick in order to action the thing you are pointing at.
  • Devilligan 9 Apr 2021 18:43:34 663 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hit a really odd snag with this.

Every time I try to use the join request system to join someone else's hunt, I get the hunting horn sound as if the hunt is going to launch, but then I get booted and the message comes up that I can't join the hunt because it's ended.

Just tried joining 5 different hunts and got this response every time. It's been working fine up until today.

Anyone else experiencing this / have any idea what the problem is?
  • Alastair 9 Apr 2021 22:25:08 24,764 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Maybe it's a mark of respect for Prince Philip dying.
  • brokenkey 9 Apr 2021 22:29:09 10,963 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I was doing sos missions earlier, so you might be just picking missions which are over too quickly. Launch the mission yourself from the hub gal, and choose the option to let other players join you, and see if any do.

Edited by brokenkey at 22:29:28 09-04-2021
  • Zippity-zap 10 Apr 2021 02:26:56 635 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Maybe it's a mark of respect for Prince Philip dying.
    Making him a monster in MH Rise would be the ultimate mark of respect, though.
  • Ddanno 10 Apr 2021 09:37:55 1,847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stick his face on Vaal Hazak. Done.
  • Devilligan 10 Apr 2021 10:06:16 663 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Devilligan wrote:
    Hit a really odd snag with this.

Every time I try to use the join request system to join someone else's hunt, I get the hunting horn sound as if the hunt is going to launch, but then I get booted and the message comes up that I can't join the hunt because it's ended.

Just tried joining 5 different hunts and got this response every time. It's been working fine up until today.

Anyone else experiencing this / have any idea what the problem is?
    So now it seems that if I start a quest with a join request open then it shuts down after a couple of minutes, and if any friends join my lobby they lag and then get booted. So in other words the multiplayer part of the game is completely b0rked for me.

I've googled and it seems that a few other people are experiencing the same problem. I've tried a few obvious things (resetting the game, resetting the console, resetting my router) but none have worked.

Possibly my broadband is crawling for some reason, or maybe it's an issue baked into the game (I didn't have any problems until the latest update, which is odd). Either way I'm currently stuck playing the single player part of the game, which isn't much fun. Not thrilled.
  • Pipedream 10 Apr 2021 11:12:58 637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have you ran an connection test on your Switch to see your NAT type?

Some NAT types can hinder online play and possibly boot you or not let you connect.
  • THFourteen 10 Apr 2021 11:22:07 54,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @brokenkey

The shortcut wheel?! Argh

ďClearedĒ 2* last night woohoo. Expecting the difficulty to ramp up now as I really suck at the game but itís been ok so far.

Must admit Iím lost on crafting right now, made a better sword and shield but also have enough parts to craft a full set of baggi armour but no idea if I should or not
  • Devilligan 10 Apr 2021 11:28:52 663 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Pipedream

I checked that. I'm on Nat Type B which is apparently the one you should be on.
  • Devilligan 10 Apr 2021 11:33:01 663 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @THFourteen

Don't worry about being too tactical with crafting, especially early in the game. I mostly focus on crafting sets that up my general armour rating, but over time I like to try and collect full sets of every armour type.

Oh yeah, but one tip I will give is that you should wear a full set of whatever armour you go for, cos that often gives you extra buffs.
  • ZuluHero 10 Apr 2021 11:33:08 10,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @THFourteen crafting is basically the game :)
  • THFourteen 10 Apr 2021 13:48:54 54,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Haha yeah, itís not helped by the fact that I am a hoarder in any game I play.

Will craft the baggi armour even though it looks like itís really only good for ice stuff, because I ďfarmedĒ the parts for it... meaning I did one extra side quest to get baggy pants lol
  • Alastair 10 Apr 2021 16:05:41 24,764 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Nargacuga armour is pretty sweet for the later village quests.
  • Ddanno 10 Apr 2021 21:26:07 1,847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Devilligan wrote:
    @THFourteen

Don't worry about being too tactical with crafting, especially early in the game. I mostly focus on crafting sets that up my general armour rating, but over time I like to try and collect full sets of every armour type.

Oh yeah, but one tip I will give is that you should wear a full set of whatever armour you go for, cos that often gives you extra buffs.
    No set bonuses yet, I assume they'll hit when Grank lands.

I'm a bit miffed that for pretty much every melee weapon, Nargy is the best one. You can make a case for Mag, but that takes a 3% drop gem and then you probably want another gem for the Mag gloves as well. Looking forward to the patch.

This is mostly because I find Nargy a bit of a pain with his tells leading to 1 of 2 entirely different moves
  • THFourteen 10 Apr 2021 23:21:30 54,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Finding this useful so posting in case it helps someone else

https://www.polygon.com/monster-hunter-rise-guide/22348967/weapons-armor-wirebug-wyvern-riding-best-controller-beginners-tips-tricks

Edited by THFourteen at 23:22:17 10-04-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.