Hades (PC, Switch) Page 2

• Steifybobbins 9 Oct 2020 20:24:17 710 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm shit at games and I beat it most tries. My biggest tip is to focus on dash. If you stand still to much you will inevitably die. Even against the end boss i usually stay close and dash in and out relentlessly dishing out damage. If you have Athenas dash shield it works even better
  • Zippity-zap 10 Oct 2020 21:03:05 572 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRKJ87S5cI

(Itís the OST)

Edited by Zippity-zap at 21:03:43 10-10-2020
  • dfunked09 11 Oct 2020 09:22:56 516 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Anybody else obsessed with Eurydice's song?... Annoyingly the OST version on Spotify is a duet with Orpheus, which I haven't even gotten to in the game yet, but there are other versions on YouTube.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Oct 2020 19:07:55 16,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got my first win on run 26 I think. Was using the bow with rapid fire and the special and dash both had deflect. Felt quite overpowered for must of the game although it got a bit close with the last boss.
  • Malek86 11 Oct 2020 19:12:03 10,765 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm getting a bit tired myself. Maybe I should switch God Mode on, just to see how the story ends, but it would still take a long time before it makes a big difference (I don't feel like throwing runs).
  • dfunked09 11 Oct 2020 19:37:23 516 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @Malek86
    Yeah, I've turned God mode on as I just wanted to get on with the story. I'm up to 26% damage resistance so far. Also don't want to throw runs for the sake of it, but I've only beaten it another time with a few really annoying failures mixed in. It doesn't make it as easy as you'd think, and the damage reduction increases take a bloody long time to kick in if you're getting 2% for each failed 30+ minute run.

Last failure was due to choosing 2HP back on attack, but you lose 60% health... Served me really well throughout the game and I was pretty much always at full health, then I just got completely stomped on the last boss with a pool of 80HP that seemed to get depleted in a couple of hits.

Haven't seen anything with deflect for 5 or so runs, and that is an absolute game changer...

Edited by dfunked09 at 19:39:38 11-10-2020
  • Frogofdoom 11 Oct 2020 20:57:47 16,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Take her trinket for your first level to ensure you get her boon. You can change after the first boss.
  • dfunked09 11 Oct 2020 21:01:38 516 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Ah, genius. Cheers. I've just been working on levelling up trinkets that sound vaguely useful, so haven't really paid attention to those until they hit 3 stars and I move on to the next.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Oct 2020 21:05:12 16,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've only just started fucking about with it myself. I was leaving the tooth that gives an extra life on at all times until I realised its a total waste. There is also the one that gives you 150 gold is pretty useful too.

Only recently realised the mirror had another tier of upgrades as well and they were bloody useful too. Need to sort out 20 keys for the next one as well now.
  • nickthegun 11 Oct 2020 21:18:42 83,331 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iíve stuck with the dog collar almost exclusively. I either havenít found or havenít worked out anything much more useful.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Oct 2020 21:35:14 16,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its probably one of the best ones but you probably don't need the extra health for the first 2 levels after a while. You could get 150 gold and weight a boon in your favour in that time and then take the health boost for level 3 and later (assuming you get the health and it doesn't just set your max health up).

Its one of the best things about the game i think, everyone seems to have their own way of playing and they all seem viable. I have come up with some completely shit builds on some goes that have made life overly difficult.
  • Phattso 11 Oct 2020 21:39:11 25,937 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iíve been playing this on Switch in between bouts of the rather depressing TLOU2. Only half a dozen runs in. I can trivially get to what I think is the first boss, but canít quite survive the encounter. So much going on I barely have time to look at her health bar. Got her down to a sliver twice, but canít seem to get the job done.

Very much enjoying everything else around the runs though. So well done. I always admired Bastion but never actually enjoyed it, skipped their other games as a result. Glad Iíve jumped in with this one though.
  • nickthegun 11 Oct 2020 21:41:06 83,331 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím still at the figuring it out phase, I think. Iíve got the basics down but actually refining a build is going to take a few more runs.

At the moment a good run is definitely due to more luck than judgement.
  • Trowel 11 Oct 2020 21:42:29 23,799 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've just upgraded the shield, and I miss the frisbee special immediately :(
  • Frogofdoom 11 Oct 2020 21:48:15 16,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got my shield upgraded so after a dodge if you press special it fires out (3 atm) captain America shields. I've run out of titan bloods at the moment and not seeming to get more to upgrade it further though. Quite looking forward to upgrading some of the others as well when I can work out how to get more bloods.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Oct 2020 21:52:57 24,586 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll understand how to get more Titan Blood once you finish a run.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Oct 2020 21:55:05 16,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have, must of missed it. Although it was just before I turned it off, im guessing its due to heat.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Oct 2020 21:58:47 24,586 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Basically, you get two for each weapon at each Heat level. One from the first boss, one from the last.

You can also buy it sometimes, but it's pretty expensive. Or (rarely) get some through fishing.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Oct 2020 22:00:53 10,586 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also you get a fuck ton of with all the fates
  • Steifybobbins 12 Oct 2020 21:52:37 710 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd say start with a keepsake to get a good dash boon (preferably Athena) although Poseidon works focus other upgrades on base or dash damage and dash attack everything to death. You can basically tank the first two areas and bosses without thinking about taking damage because they will die before you. This game kills you when you try to play safe by stopping to think.

Always choose the hammer upgrade and the NPC gates. More often than not choose Hermes too. Otherwise choose hearts. You can buy your other boons if necessary

Chose the mirror ability that makes darkness generate health, also chose the mirror ability that Grant's death defiance per encounter. If you really dont care about completing that run choose stuff that looks fun which also works if your lucky with the bonus of it being well, fun and interesting.

Edited by Steifybobbins at 21:53:53 12-10-2020
  • FoxMoody 13 Oct 2020 08:36:38 100 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Second time that I got to the last boss and I gotta say that boss duo really spend my death defiance charges. I get there full, leave with none.
    Guess I need more practice.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Oct 2020 08:43:51 24,586 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's just more practice. I'm crap at action games, and even I was able to beat him after a few goes, once I learned what all his attacks do.

EDIT: Oh, misread the post. Yeah, the Act 3 bosses are harder than the last one. Still learnable though. The minotaur in particular is relatively easy to avoid once you know his attacks.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 08:54:11 13-10-2020
  • dfunked09 13 Oct 2020 08:44:23 516 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Yeah, they can be a real pain in the dick. Even Asterius on his own is pretty challenging (I always swear when I get that mid-floor encounter!)
  • Zippity-zap 13 Oct 2020 09:23:55 572 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iíve beaten it with all of the weapons now, and am rotating back to the sword to start burning through heat levels. Iím gonna max and rinse this entire game, because I love it. I expect it to take a decent chunk of time though!
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Oct 2020 09:34:01 10,586 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Iíve beaten it with all of the weapons now, and am rotating back to the sword to start burning through heat levels. Iím gonna max and rinse this entire game, because I love it. I expect it to take a decent chunk of time though!
    The extreme measures are fun
  • StixxUK 17 Oct 2020 12:47:40 8,403 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Winning most times now... up to 8 wins, will probably move on when I finish the story (or maybe polish off unlocking the weapons first).

Just noticed I haven't done a run with the spear yet so that'll be my next one.

Still GoTY but I'm past that initial mega-addiction phase.
  • KRadiation 17 Oct 2020 13:33:00 1,591 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah im just over the hill of mega addiction and happened to hit the credits so that worked out okay. I'm not too sure what comes next
  • RyanDS 17 Oct 2020 15:30:59 13,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    Winning most times now... up to 8 wins, will probably move on when I finish the story (or maybe polish off unlocking the weapons first).

Just noticed I haven't done a run with the spear yet so that'll be my next one.

Still GoTY but I'm past that initial mega-addiction phase.
    Same here. Once I beat once something clicked and won 5 times in a row with the different weapons. A couple more and then done. Definite 10/10
  • dsmx 18 Oct 2020 00:09:13 8,597 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well after 35 escape attempts I finally got past Hades.

Have to say it felt rather satisfying with the way that ending plays out and I do want to carry on with the game and putting the codex in is a great move since it lets me know I've more to see in this game.

I don't think this is a 10 out of 10 game though, it is very good though and it is by far their best game to date. I just don't think the combat is good enough since you can basically break it with the right combinations of upgrades and I didn't find the later level enemies that fun to fight against.

Very, very good game though and well worth the money but, I wouldn't call it game of the year because there's still more to come out this year.

Edited by dsmx at 00:10:11 18-10-2020
  • mikew1985 18 Oct 2020 00:17:58 14,934 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still haven't managed to best hades but I'm loving this. It's so compelling. I haven't had that "just one more go" compulsion quite like this in I don't know how long. Has kept me up past bedtime several times in the last week.

It just plays so well. Delighted I went for switch in the end I've played a fair amount in handheld mode.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.