Following Watch Dogs Legion Page 9

Next Last
  • clockworkzombie 12 Nov 2020 22:29:21 428 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I am enjoying this, the platforming puzzle bits with robot spiders are such good fun, just did a similar thing with the Micro drone, flying across London on a cargo drone is good too.

Autopilot is your friend, and the hand to hand combat reminded me of Saints’ Row 2, if only I had a septic truck.
  • clockworkzombie 15 Nov 2020 03:05:31 428 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Those of you on PC and xbox series x put away your copy for now. There is a save bug that randomly resets your progress. Possibly related to Ubisoft network connection being down.
  • Frogofdoom 15 Nov 2020 09:17:02 17,099 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I have had it twice. Pissed me off as I had just got a pretty good operative and now they are gone.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Nov 2020 11:08:30 26,339 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Frogofdoom
    Hi mate, now you have sunk several hours into the game what are your thoughts. Was I too harsh after 2 off hours of play, (not forgetting I love the first two games) should I consider buying when cheap next year ?
  • Tomo 15 Nov 2020 11:13:56 18,478 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    This really sounds like a disaster. I've got the PC version but cba to install it if they can't even release it without a game save bug.
  • johnnyrocketfingers 15 Nov 2020 11:30:00 343 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    clockworkzombie wrote:
    Those of you on PC and xbox series x put away your copy for now. There is a save bug that randomly resets your progress. Possibly related to Ubisoft network connection being down.
    Good to know. Fortunately Valhalla has dragged me away with a meatier affair rn.
  • Frogofdoom 15 Nov 2020 12:40:23 17,099 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 . When they fix this save bug I will give you a better idea. I honestly can't give a fleshed out opinion yet and making me do the same mission 3 times has just made me put it on the back-burner until its sorted.
  • Phattso 15 Nov 2020 12:42:59 26,294 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Oh, that bug sounds awful. I was just coming in here to say that after five or six hours the game was starting to win me over a bit more.

I think once my mental expectation of this being my next gen torchbearer got squished I’ve been able to enjoy it a bit more. I do like me some Ubi grind.

Might park it for now if there’s a game breaking big though. :-/
  • Frogofdoom 15 Nov 2020 13:05:42 17,099 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I would definitely park it, nothing kills your enthusiasm to play something quite like having to constantly redo a mission not knowing if it will save after or not. Quite why they didn't put in a manual save I will never know, im not the most trusting of auto saves and am always much happier when I can create one myself to run alongside it
  • clockworkzombie 16 Nov 2020 20:25:47 428 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

I am having a good time, until the save issue, the missions can be interesting. Once you accept there is the correct operative for the job it becomes a lot more interesting scouring london for people. I have 3 hackers on tap so far and. If one of those fails a mission I send in the professional hitman to clean up the mess and dole out the harshness.

Some people may be totally useless as hackers but have abilities for the team like faster healing or quicker release from jail.

You can swap operatives mid mission too, so use a fighter to get through a bunch of thugs then swap to a hacker to finish the job, finally some uniformed people can have access to restricted areas without guards being suspicious.

I am playing Destiny at the moment but wish I was playing Watch Dogs, hope this helps.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Nov 2020 23:30:13 26,339 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @clockworkzombie
    Nice one 👍👌
  • TheyreAllDeadDave 19 Nov 2020 12:22:11 79 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyone tried installing on ps5 from a PS4 disc? Can't find the upgrade option so I'm just installing from the disc via the "copy" button but surely that'll be the PS4 version? Confused.
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Nov 2020 14:57:00 3,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just had the save bug myself on Xbox. Lost about two main missions and an operative of progress. I don't have the will to re-do it. I will wait for a patch I reckon.
  • Globalmeltdown 21 Nov 2020 15:21:32 911 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Dave_McCoy I stopped playing about a week ago, really want to play it but not going to risk it losing my save until it’s patched, just for once I’d love to play a finished AAA game. Same problem with Valhalla but at least you can make manual saves on that.
  • Ultrasoundwave 21 Nov 2020 16:24:25 6,219 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is dangerously close to being abandoned to be honest, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the first game and loved the second one.

Something is just.....off with this one.

It looks and runs really well (Series X) and London can be stunning to wander around in.....but the story is absolutely not grabbing me at all.

The “recruit anyone” mechanic also doesn’t work for me - none of the characters I’ve recruited are compelling or interesting and they all have bad facial animations and bad voice acting.

Also, two of my characters are Irish and quite clearly have the EXACT SAME voice, except with one of them they’ve lowered his pitch......it’s so bad it’s hilarious.

I was all in at the start of the game when you took control of a suave deadsec activist (who was also voiced really well by Warren Brown) and I thought “here we go, this guy seems cool, will do my best to keep him alive for the game” and bang....gone.....dead.

Add to the fact that it still apparently has the game breaking save bug.....yeah, it’s going on the scrap heap.
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Nov 2020 18:21:57 3,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

The “recruit anyone” mechanic also doesn’t work for me - none of the characters I’ve recruited are compelling or interesting and they all have bad facial animations and bad voice acting.

Also, two of my characters are Irish and quite clearly have the EXACT SAME voice, except with one of them they’ve lowered his pitch......it’s so bad it’s hilarious.

I have exactly the same with the characters. They all seem like lazy stereotypes. I'm early in but both both black characters I have recruited have the same face, different hair and a pretty thick Jamaican accent which is also exactly the same. The two women I have recruited have the same eastern European accent and face. I also recruited a white business man who talks like Ali G which is like nails on a chalkboard.
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Nov 2020 15:22:37 26,339 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 . When they fix this save bug I will give you a better idea. I honestly can't give a fleshed out opinion yet and making me do the same mission 3 times has just made me put it on the back-burner until its sorted.
    So I did buy this (2nd time, after getting refund for Gold version) it was on the Xbox BF sale, had £15 credit, so £23 actual cash.
    ...Anyway, just spend another 90 mins with it before it crashed!!! I managed to complete a "fight club" mission and steal a Ford Transit with passports? then the crash back to dashboard.

It is still shite, it is nowhere near as immersive or enjoyable as the first two games, I just find it confusing. I might have dropped a bollock repurchasing.

I will probably give it one, maybe two more sessions and then if not engaged it will be sacked.
  • Globalmeltdown 22 Nov 2020 16:24:56 911 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 try and recruit a Gears Fan, might make you like it more mate 😊 Hope your ok
  • Derblington 22 Nov 2020 16:36:59 34,293 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bought this today due to the sale price on PSN, and played 30 mins.
    Feels just like 2 to me. It’s throwaway fun, and packed to the rafters, which is par for the course with UBI.
  • clockworkzombie 23 Nov 2020 02:32:44 428 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Apparently early December patch. Never buying another Ubisoft game until it is discounted.

It is insulting that I bu it day one cannot return it now and before I even get the chance to really get in to it a save bug stuffs it and now it is discounted.

Also the same bug is in AC Valhalla but at least there you can manually save.
  • BOFH_UK 24 Nov 2020 14:47:39 255 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That save bug certainly introduces some adrenaline into the game doesn't it? That moment of horror when you go to the pause menu and see the Ubisoft 'our server's wandered off' test card is something else... as, apparently, was the QA on this title.

Which is a shame as so far it's pretty damn good. Oh don't get me wrong, all the complaints up-thread are absolutely valid but I don't really care. It's an open world game, give me toys to play around with in a way that you don't get elsewhere and I'll happily sink a few dozen hours into it. Case in point the Cargo Drone might be the most overpowered toy in any open world title... ever, actually, now that I come to think about. Many happy (unsaved) hours floating over London completing missions and grabbing collectables in ways that aren't perhaps meant to be option 1. Plus escaping pursuit is *hilarious* if you can summon your big floating drone chum from the equipment wheel.

Still early days of course but the 'recruit anyone' thing does seem to work. Had to rescue a 'freedom fighter' (yeash) from New Scotland Yard. Rather than shoot my way in tagged a guard, did the leg work to recruit him then wandered inside and got 'em out with only a little light walloping with a stick. Which, in fairness, I could probably have avoided but, eh, why bother if you don't need to? Nice to see that sort of thing working as it should.

If you're thinking of picking it up I'd say it's worth it but only when you're comfortable with the price. Deep, complex storytelling this isn't so buy it if you're after a decent sandbox to muck about with and don't mind the occasional graphics weirdness or odd vocal delivery. That said right now if you're on one of the platforms with that save bug hold on unless you see a really great price as it's damn near unplayable as it is right now.
  • clockworkzombie 24 Nov 2020 21:35:37 428 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @BOFH_UK

The cargo drone is awesome, did one of those missions where you get the message they have found you and are sending people to your location.

Lots of sound and fury on the street below, all peaceful in the sky.
  • clockworkzombie 24 Nov 2020 21:35:39 428 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Post deleted
  • spookyxelectric 26 Nov 2020 16:03:40 276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just got this on PS5 yesterday. Really enjoying it. The voices are bad, yeah, with often the voice not matching the NPC, the weird modulation effect being noticeable, lip synch being way off. Etc. But London's a much better city to set an open world in than San Francisco, IMO. Also like that they've added hand to hand combat, rather than the older press O to one hit takedown from previous games. It makes entering enemy outposts a lot more fun than the old "sit back, hack camera, make guards' phones explode" method.

I do like the tone a lot more than 2, as well. It's not as personal story as Aiden's vengeance story, but it's much better than "hey gang, let's hack the planet!" from the last game.

The ray-tracing's pretty impressive as well, although Miles Morales pulled it off more convincingly.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.