GOTY 2020 Page 4

Next Last
  • TechnoHippy 16 Nov 2020 07:35:47 18,077 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm struggling to think of my GOTY. There's been plenty of decent games, but not a single one that really shines. Based on hours played it would be Undermine, but the last boss proved too much for me.
  • Murbs 16 Nov 2020 07:53:39 24,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've played so few games from 2020 it's a tough call. I've played barely anything on PS4 other than borrowing a copy of TLOU2 and falling off it after a couple of hours.
    Most of my time has been on Switch. I wish I could find the love for Hades that so many have. The Long Dark is a contender, I've really enjoyed the time I've spent on it and will still keep playing and playing. Then there is Xenoblade but I only stuck in a dozen or so hours into. But my GOTY?

A Short Hike.

It's perfect.

Edited by Murbs at 07:57:17 16-11-2020
  • Pipedream 16 Nov 2020 07:59:39 569 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richyroo wrote:
    Streets of Rage 4 easliy for me. For a game that takes 90 minutes to complete, I have spent about 210 hours playing so far.

The gameplay is just pure perfection. Couldnt of hoped for more in a sequel to the classic franchise.
    It's no doubt a great game but imo Fight n Rage takes the crown for scrolling beat em ups. It came out late last year so just misses 2020.
  • Britesparc 16 Nov 2020 08:11:20 2,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So I've skimmed through this thread and no one said Animal Crossing? That's probably my GOTY.

I do tend to come to a lot of games 6-18 months late, however.
  • DaM 16 Nov 2020 08:52:58 17,540 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    For me it's definitely Astro's Playroom. Followed by Sackboy then probably Demon's Souls or Miles Morales.
    Oooh didn't realise there was a new Astro game out! I've been replaying the first one recently, and have to say it's one of the best games I've ever played. It makes excellent use of the VR, it's got great level design, and perfect spacing/timing to maximise "just one more go". Great graphics, music you dance along to, it's approaching perfection for me :)
  • DaM 16 Nov 2020 08:54:11 17,540 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:

Me too, so I like these threads to pick up on what I've missed to add to my play list....but nothing has really grabbed me here. I'll do TLOU2 on the PS5.
  • Decks 16 Nov 2020 08:55:44 27,689 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's pre loaded on the PS5.

Oh and Ghost of Tsushima is probably my GOTY. Although TLOU2 was very good too.
  • MmmmmBaby 16 Nov 2020 09:10:15 7 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My GOTY is absolutely The Last of Us 2, the original is my favourite game of all time(it's like a hair above MGS3) and it was a brilliant follow up.
  • nickthegun 16 Nov 2020 09:10:50 83,748 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:
    So I've skimmed through this thread and no one said Animal Crossing? That's probably my GOTY.
    Weirdly, I would possibly agree even though I havent played it. Ive watched the girl put hours into it and it looks great, full of content, funny and it protected her sanity over lockdown. It looks like a genuinely brilliant game.

Of the ones Ive played, my favourite is probably Nioh 2 but since that, really, is quite a low effort level pack, I would probably go with Hades, same as everyone else.
  • Carlo 16 Nov 2020 09:32:17 21,495 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    https://uploadvr.com/half-life-alyx-vr-awards/

The 2020 VR Awards moved online last week as the annual ceremony celebrated the best in the VR industry. Unsurprisingly, Valve’s Half-Life: Alyx took home one of the big prizes.
  • Murbs 16 Nov 2020 10:46:39 24,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:

I'd completely forgotten about it as I fell off it so quickly, much to my daughters' frustrations (they've both put in over a hundred hours each). My eldest has taken to playing it as me in places as I'm the primary resident.
  • Britesparc 16 Nov 2020 11:10:07 2,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Murbs it's funny to watch my eldest as she drifts away from it and comes back to it again and again. One thing she does which I find utterly baffling is create new accounts so she can set up new villagers and basically start the game from the beginning. I mean, why?! Why would you want to play through the first ten hours of the game again?! She is eight, mind.

Then you have my brother, twenty years her senior, who confessed to me that he never shuts Animal Crossing down because he can't be bothered waiting for it to load. His Switch has just become his Animal Crossing Machine.

I've been struggling to think of what else, including 2019 games I've come to late, might be my GOTY. Gears Tactics I really enjoyed; ditto Gears 5 and Fallen Order, although I did start both of those last year. One thing I've come to really late is Witcher III, which I bought in a sale. That's very good (obv) although it's another game I've parked till I'm allowed to play with my Series X.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.