Switching from PlayStation to xBox this generation Page 3

Next Last
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Nov 2020 18:03:06 26,339 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @SennaCujo
    I think Xbox missed the boat with not adding a completely new UI. I totally get the ethos behind it being 99.9% the same across one,s,x,and current machine BUT when you have something new, you want it to look and be new with lots of "bells and whistles"

I'm fully Xbox but still think that was not the greatest idea. I am more than happy with my X for the coming months into 2021 and 2022 though.

EDIT.
    Re ps5, I am happy I will not need one to play HZD2, I love the first one.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 18:04:53 20-11-2020
  • Pierre2k 20 Nov 2020 18:33:36 1,306 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got my PS5 today (not set it up yet). Ended up going for it as I only had a launch PS4, whilst I already have an Xbox One X.

If you have a high end PC I can see why the Xbox wouldn't appeal, but that's not the majority of console players I'd suggest. If you're only on console, Game Pass is such a spectacular deal. Truly a game changer. Also, the Xbox Series X should be the most powerful of the consoles (despite some of the early comparisons not going in its favour). No doubt Xbox dropped the exclusives ball during the PS4 gen, but all the signs are positive this gen that they've learned their lessons. There is absolutely no doubt it will have some awesome games.

In the round, I plan to get both.
  • SennaCujo 20 Nov 2020 19:41:46 372 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @SennaCujo
    I think Xbox missed the boat with not adding a completely new UI. I totally get the ethos behind it being 99.9% the same across one,s,x,and current machine BUT when you have something new, you want it to look and be new with lots of "bells and whistles"

I'm fully Xbox but still think that was not the greatest idea. I am more than happy with my X for the coming months into 2021 and 2022 though.

EDIT.
    Re ps5, I am happy I will not need one to play HZD2, I love the first one.
    Thatís not far off how I feel. The last two generations I have spent 80% of my time on the XBox. And it might well be the same when all this honeymoon period is over. But going from the PS5ís shiny 4K UI to a rather dull looking Xbox UI in comparison, certainly brings home the feeling of satisfaction in buying a new next gen console, compared to the Xbox which feels a little like the same computer but with a new graphics card.
  • Oldsheppy 21 Nov 2020 07:54:07 51 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was going for Xbox series X this time after being PS4 all this gen. Couldn't get a series X on launch so decided to get a one X ( bloody hell Microsoft have a bit of imagination with your naming). Got gamepass ,played crackdown 3 ( it was okay,loved the original) and then was confronted with 100 odd games played a few I found as soon as I came across a gameplay problem I gave up as I found I wasn't as invested as if I had 'bought' the game. Weird. Not overenthusiastic about the controller either the face buttons and the triggers I find are quite uncomfortable after prolonged play.
  • hedben2013 21 Nov 2020 15:43:17 1,778 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Oldsheppy definitely know what you mean. I was a bugger for abandoning games even before Game Pass, especially ones I'd picked up for peanuts in a sale. With Game Pass, there are games I'd probably have completed if I'd paid anywhere near full price, but they got abandoned as soon as I discovered another new shiny thing to try.

Looking at you, Mutant Year Zero.
  • Ultrasoundwave 21 Nov 2020 16:15:29 6,219 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have picked up both a Series X and a PS5 and, in my opinion, the Playstation is the one that stands out as feeling new and fresh to me.

It was actually quite disheartening to go directly from playing a game on my One X, the Series X showing up, unplugging my One X, plugging in my Series X.....and being greeted by an IDENTICAL experience.

Yes, itís faster....yes, the games look and perform better....but itís still the same. Same UI, same pad, same games, same services, etc, etc.

The PS5 is a vastly different experience : the UI is new and fresh, the Dualsense is innovative, it has a genuinely great launch exclusive (Demons Souls), it has the PS Plus collection......it just feels NEW.

If Microsoft had a unique UI for the Series X, a big launch exclusive and a control pad with just a few innovations theyíd be much better off, IMO.
  • StixxUK 21 Nov 2020 19:15:22 8,459 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave Just looked up PS Plus collection. That's actually pretty good, maybe a sign they are taking game pass seriously...

Edited by StixxUK at 19:45:35 21-11-2020
  • Oldsheppy 22 Nov 2020 04:50:43 51 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave yeah totally agree with your summary. You get the feeling that Microsoft are more interested in what happens in 3 years or so when that will be forgotten about and they will start to see some decent exclusives from the developers they've bought.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.