Circumcised penises Page 3

• You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 15:45:52 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The post was about Jews, but yes, itís common in many cultures (native to hot countries which is not a coincidence).
  • RyanDS 3 Jan 2021 15:49:05 14,009 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    The post was about Jews, but yes, itís common in many cultures (native to hot countries which is not a coincidence).
    I was joking.

Just in case you did think I was seriously trying to make a point.

Actually zulus didn't for 200 years until they reinstated 10 years ago.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 15:52:07 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím having a bit of a sense of humour deficit today. Threads like this donít help.
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2021 15:55:32 86,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    Remember that episode of Friends where Monica was trying to fashion a foreskin out of deli meat for Joey.

That show had it all.
    There was a Sex & the City episode where one of them fucks a bro who was uncircumcised and it was the first time that had ever happened. Are non Jewish dudes just chopped up as standard in America or was it just a plot device
    There was a story in Northern Exposure about the hot young girl the old guy was banging trying to get him to have a circumcision because she thought it was weird for him not to be.

First time I ever connected that America might be weird.
  • elstoof 3 Jan 2021 16:01:38 27,447 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So now weíve got soap and stuff to wash with, why do we still do it
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 16:04:57 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Because of a worldwide conspiracy to stop people having as much fun when they masturbate.

Or perhaps because itís become cultural.
  • elstoof 3 Jan 2021 16:09:05 27,447 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I never really understood what the teen movie trope about using lotion to rub one out and the penny has literally just dropped
  • Decks 3 Jan 2021 16:14:15 30,302 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It must be a pretty horrendous thing for a little baby to go through. Such a weird thing to do when you look passed the tradition of it.
  • LegendaryApe 3 Jan 2021 16:18:40 2,459 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    The ouch of your bellend rubbing clothes when it slips back inadvertently makes me wonder how numb circumcised dudes become
    I'll admit that the sensation has dulled over the years.
  • RyanDS 3 Jan 2021 16:19:13 14,009 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    It must be a pretty horrendous thing for a little baby to go through. Such a weird thing to do when you look passed the tradition of it.
    This. As much as I know no one who is circumcised that regrets it, it still doesn't feel right for me. It is like piercing the ears of an infant.
  • addybV3 3 Jan 2021 16:21:02 331 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    The ouch of your bellend rubbing clothes when it slips back inadvertently makes me wonder how numb circumcised dudes become
    Like Kal's enthusiasm for these threads.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 16:34:24 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    addybV3 wrote:
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Like Kal's enthusiasm for these threads.
    Itís very complex topic with lots of nuanced understanding required, and respect for people with personal experience and potential conflicting emotions relating to that. None of which is apparent here.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 16:44:04 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Because of a worldwide conspiracy to stop people having as much fun when they masturbate.

Or perhaps because itís become cultural.
    It was the first, now it's normalised.
  • Dougs 3 Jan 2021 16:44:44 99,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    It is like piercing the ears of an infant.
    Which is also the done thing in some cultures.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 16:45:39 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Is Jewish culture and history another of your areas of self-proclaimed expertise now?
    Nope, american culture makes me a rare oddity though.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 16:48:23 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Again there is a grown up conversation to be had about this. But that would require a grown up to start it.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 16:49:57 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    In the meantime you should look into being less defensive.
  • RyanDS 3 Jan 2021 16:53:07 14,009 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    So is female circumcising. So is neck elongation. So is tattooing. So is foot binding. So is dressing boys in blue and girls in pink. So is vaccinations.

Fucked if I know where the line sits. As I say, makes me uncomfortable but also treads on parental rights. All the above someone will justify and someone will argue. I definitely fall on circumcision is wrong to force on an infant, but can also see it is low harm and cultural so what right do I have to get involved.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 16:58:49 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I also think itís wrong to do it to kids when theyíre too young to consent to it, which is why neither of my sons were circumcised. At the same time I take great offence at the suggestion many of my friends and family, including my parents, are tantamount to child abusers.

This is the problem with having academic/jokey conversations about things that donít relate to your lived experience. It doesnít affect you. And that why you donít get to tell people it does affect not to be defensive, because itís your privilege to make jokes and cast aspersions without it being upsetting.
  • mothercruncher 3 Jan 2021 17:09:41 19,337 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dress it up and attempt to intellectualise it all you like but itís mutilating the genitals of babies... for cultural reasons. We donít need personal experience to know that it is wrong, just as itís wrong to mutilate girls labia and clitorises .
  • Cpl.Hicks 3 Jan 2021 17:09:45 105 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    So is female circumcising. So is neck elongation. So is tattooing. So is foot binding. So is dressing boys in blue and girls in pink. So is vaccinations.

Fucked if I know where the line sits. As I say, makes me uncomfortable but also treads on parental rights. All the above someone will justify and someone will argue. I definitely fall on circumcision is wrong to force on an infant, but can also see it is low harm and cultural so what right do I have to get involved.
    Iím definitely of the opinion that any permanent body modification should only happen when a person is old enough to give their informed consent or if there is a genuine medical requirement. Iíd imagine thatís where most folk fall these days.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 17:12:42 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I also think itís wrong to do it to kids when theyíre too young to consent to it, which is why neither of my sons were circumcised. At the same time I take great offence at the suggestion many of my friends and family, including my parents, are tantamount to child abusers.

This is the problem with having academic/jokey conversations about things that donít relate to your lived experience. It doesnít affect you. And that why you donít get to tell people it does affect not to be defensive, because itís your privilege to make jokes and cast aspersions without it being upsetting.
    Right, well to the first part of that, awesome, I applaud that regarding your kids. And secondly I was drunk when I posted this thread and I never called anyone an abuser, attitudes have changed and we're a generation who makes these choices in a more informed manner for our kids. But regardless of the reason it gets things out in the open and we can talk about it, which imho is healthy and kind of important.

Edited by Dirtbox at 17:16:11 03-01-2021
  • Cpl.Hicks 3 Jan 2021 17:12:47 105 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Dress it up and attempt to intellectualise it all you like but itís mutilating the genitals of babies... for cultural reasons. We donít need personal experience to know that it is wrong, just as itís wrong to mutilate girls labia and clitorises .
    I understand where you are coming from here but I feel itís important to not compare it to FGM to often. That is clearly way more harmful both physically and psychologically.

Totally agree that it should only happen with consent or with medical need though.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 17:14:54 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    There isnít a major medical organisation in the world that recommends the banning of male circumcision. All of them recommend the banning of female. Itís a poor and quite offensive false equivalence.

Again I believe itís wrong also, but itís not Ďintellectualisingí to recognise this is a complex and emotive topic, and to be respectful of those it actually affects.

Edited by You-can-call-me-kal at 17:15:37 03-01-2021
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 17:17:39 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    There isn't a major medical organisation that recommends circumcising all males either. And further than that, only recommends males with medical reasons.

Edited by Dirtbox at 17:21:38 03-01-2021
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 17:22:34 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Kal, or indeed anyone who has been circumcised - would you rather have been given the choice?
  • mothercruncher 3 Jan 2021 17:28:01 19,337 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thatís exactly what youíre doing- draping ďcomplexĒ and ďcultureĒ over it and attempting to dress the practice of surgically removing parts of babies without consent. This may be the least woke youíve ever sounded. There is absolutely no justification for it medically, culturally or any other lly.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 17:32:06 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Well, there are several good medical reasons for it, but they don't become apparent until the child has reached a certain age.

Edited by Dirtbox at 17:32:44 03-01-2021
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Jan 2021 17:36:07 22,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Thatís exactly what youíre doing- draping ďcomplexĒ and ďcultureĒ over it and attempting to dress the practice of surgically removing parts of babies without consent. This may be the least woke youíve ever sounded. There is absolutely no justification for it medically, culturally or any other lly.
    As a victim of this practice of non-consensual mutilation, not a perpetrator, I feel Iím well placed to tell youíre being insensitive at best.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2021 17:40:49 92,425 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Sorry kal, I didn't mean to rub my foreskin in your face.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.