Following The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 37

• Trafford 26 Mar 2021 08:40:29 9,201 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And I'm sorry if you were looking for some kind of Easter hunt.
  • ghearoid 26 Mar 2021 09:22:30 3,747 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Update!

Please add Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town to my list.

My other game is Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney which I haven't played for a week and ought to get back to before I forget what I'm doing which is why I dropped it years ago. It won't happen again!

/shakes fist at sky like Scarlett O'Hara
  • OnlyJoeKing 26 Mar 2021 11:03:59 1,232 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll chalk up another one, please - Radiant Historia.

I've had such little time for gaming lately, totally forgot I'd started Monster Boy. I was enjoying that! So cheers, PIGWHIP Challenge, I'll be getting back on that tonight.

Still mostly just playing Total Warhammer 2 tbh. Sloooowww progress through everything else.

Edited by OnlyJoeKing at 11:04:33 26-03-2021
  • Jono62 26 Mar 2021 21:49:01 26,845 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can you remove South Park please.
  • Wayne 27 Mar 2021 16:39:27 3,346 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯 Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
    Finished. What a game. What an ending. Loved it. Really hope Respawn are working on a sequel. 9/10

Add the following two games to my two empty slots please
    🦆 Astroís Playroom
    🦆 Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Edited by Wayne at 18:12:24 27-03-2021
  • Chug666 27 Mar 2021 18:06:24 760 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mark of the ninja is done, please cross it off my list Mr Duck. It was alright, but the controls never really clicked for me. Still, thatís another long term backlog lurker finished.
  • Samildanach 27 Mar 2021 20:48:25 598 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Last slot to be filled by my purchase today of Crimzon Clover World Ignition. I don't think this game will get quite the same treatment as other shmups and this is only because I bought it off Steam on my shitty laptop for £1.74. I would have jumped on a PS4 release full price, but since nothing like that has ever materialised, then I will have to make do with this. It almost seems like a crime for such a great game.
    Unfortunately any attempt at properly learning the game will be marred by uncomfortable and seemingly rather imprecise key based controls and my annoying antivirus popping up suddenly to tell me everything is fine at critical points (and fucking up the game). Gah!
    Well, to be frank, I was simply pleased that it could run at all. So I'll plug away at it until I've reached the limit that I can achieve on my potato laptop.
  • JoelStinty 28 Mar 2021 07:51:19 9,414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can I add Guacamalee 2 to my list. Being having a 2D metroidvania itch for a while now and remember loving the first (seem to remember rating it 10/10 despite normally using the 5/5 scale. Doubled loved it). So think it is time to give the second a go.

Once i get through DQX1, think Iím going to try and focus on shorter experiences. In the last year I played at the very least FF7, TLOU2, GOTshu, demon souls, Ass Creed Oyd and I think itís taking itís toll on Me. Just need to play something much shorter. My broadband gets upgraded in may too so be able to dabble in some online play too.
  • wuntyate 28 Mar 2021 12:41:17 16,932 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been mowing through some stuff since the last update so just to sum up:

MK aftermath was finished and replaced by In Rays of the Light.

That in turn was finished and replaced by Inside.

Which has been finished and replaced with God of War.

So my actives are :

Far Cry 5
    Ass Creed Odyssey
    Last of Us 2
    God of War

I don't expect any of them to be finished soon. Or at all.
  • Rodderz 28 Mar 2021 15:39:15 4,426 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Update: 🎯Middle Earth: Shadow of War completed at the end of last week, around the 30-35 hour mark. I enjoyed that, especially dominating the minds of Captains to get them to infiltrate the Warchiefs or the Overlord of a fort and then having them turn on their masters when Talion shows up... /evil laugh. I might drop into the post-game stuff at some point.

Thanks to the free Play at Home PS giveaway I am now playing 🦆Subnautica, which I've been considering for a while, so it's a welcome freebie! It has been pretty good so far, so I'll stick with it.
  • Samildanach 28 Mar 2021 16:19:38 598 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Now I might be potentially up for the chop here, depending on the benevolence/malevolence of the Pigwhip jury. I have gone on a massive shmup pre-order splurge:
    Ginga Force
    Natsuki Chronicles
    Cotton Reboot
    and imminently Andro Dumos 2
    All limited release physical editions. My defence is that pre-orders should only go on immediately if the game is not limited in anyway. As the above editions are all potentially going to sell out before release, I would arguably only put them on when they arrive.
    To be fair, I am likely to be fucked anyway, since before the challenge began I also pre-ordered Darius Cozmic Revelation, Turrican Anthology and R-Type Final 2. There is no way that I can get through all this and give these games proper justice in time.
    The question is whether to put me down now as I probably deserve, or await my inevitable crash and burn fairly soon anyway.
  • JoelStinty 28 Mar 2021 16:30:34 9,414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think buying Limited edition games is fine (in my opinion anyway). A lot of Indies get limited physical releases and wouldn't want to stop people getting something like that.
  • DuckBreaker 28 Mar 2021 17:09:58 268 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    A disgraceful example of buying EXCESS! I say burn Samildanach as an example to all of what happens with Pre-ordering gone mad.

Pigwhip jury, make your judgement on this ne'er-do-well and hopefully he will face suitable justice!
  • Wayne 28 Mar 2021 17:32:04 3,346 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It sounds like youíre a bit of a game collector, and thatís kind of at odds with what PIGWHIP is about (imo). Not criticising in any way, or saying itís wrong.
    Just that PIGWHIP seems to be designed for idiots like me who keeping buying games with good intentions, when Iíve already got a hefty backlog of games Iíve bought, and it prevents me from doing that. But as a collector, thereís an incentive to buy games you arenít gonna play immediately.
  • Samildanach 28 Mar 2021 18:13:00 598 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    It sounds like youíre a bit of a game collector, and thatís kind of at odds with what PIGWHIP is about (imo). Not criticising in any way, or saying itís wrong.
    Just that PIGWHIP seems to be designed for idiots like me who keeping buying games with good intentions, when Iíve already got a hefty backlog of games Iíve bought, and it prevents me from doing that. But as a collector, thereís an incentive to buy games you arenít gonna play immediately.
    Oddly enough, the majority of my shmups tend to get sold when I am done with them. There are exceptions that I see myself coming back to again and again, like the Darius games, Battle Garegga and Ketsui; but more middle of the road games like Ghost Blade, Faststriker and Stardust Galaxy Warriors have, or are being sold on.
    Invariably they sell for the same or more than what I originally bought them for, so it makes sense to have a nice limited edition to enjoy while I own it, before making a small profit when they are done.
    But you are right that it doesn't quite work in the Pigwhip Challenge, and it will always be retro shmups that will be my downfall. On the other hand, I am now pretty good at not buying the big AAA releases until much later, thanks to Pigwhip.
  • Samildanach 28 Mar 2021 18:28:04 598 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, there has been so few new shmups been developed since their heyday in the previous millennium (relatively speaking), that I like to put my money where my mouth is and support the devs and publishers who are prepared to take a risk on a now fairly niche type of game. If the likes of myself don't buy the games on release, then who will?

Edited by Samildanach at 19:01:00 28-03-2021
  • Rodderz 28 Mar 2021 20:30:13 4,426 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    A disgraceful example of buying EXCESS! I say burn Samildanach as an example to all of what happens with Pre-ordering gone mad.

Pigwhip jury, make your judgement on this ne'er-do-well and hopefully he will face suitable justice!
    I think the Limited Edition stuff gets a pass from me as that's in the rules. However:

Samildanach wrote:
    To be fair, I am likely to be fucked anyway, since before the challenge began I also pre-ordered Darius Cozmic Revelation, Turrican Anthology and R-Type Final 2. There is no way that I can get through all this and give these games proper justice in time.
    Are any of those limited edition releases? Reading between the lines it looks like Samildanach is eager, almost too eager, to be turned into crispy shredded pigwhipper this year, free of the mighty Duck's gaze. If this is the case then make judgement swiftly DuckBreaker, so Samildanach can purchase in peace.
  • Phattso 28 Mar 2021 21:05:37 27,073 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iíd say these count when they arrive. You should stay in the fight until you literally canít see the TV for the unplayed shmup boxes arrayed before you!
  • Wayne 28 Mar 2021 23:10:22 3,346 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯 Astroís Playroom
    Got the platinum trophy so it can come off my list.
    Really enjoyed it.
  • Samildanach 29 Mar 2021 01:38:07 598 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just started Yakuza 0 a few hours ago and now look at the time! It's bloody good though isn't it? Thankfully I couldn't get past the first major boss so had the excuse to go to bed.

Edited by Samildanach at 01:38:16 29-03-2021
  • Wayne 29 Mar 2021 08:52:37 3,346 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Decided I was gonna buy a game, seeing as it's pay day. Went through my list (yes, I have a list) and to be completely honest, all the games I really want to play are on my backlog and I already own them. The only game I'm mildly tempted by is Ghost Of Tsushima, and it's still sitting at £50.
    Actually I just remember, I had planned to buy It Takes Two. Yeah, I'm gonna buy that today, so it can go on my list.

🦆 It Takes Two

Edited by Wayne at 08:53:04 29-03-2021
  • Steifybobbins 29 Mar 2021 22:08:50 797 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Please remove Breath of the Wild DLC from my list and add littlewood which I am already well into. It's really great for anyone looking for a Stardew fix but it feels like it will run out of steam a little quicker
  • Chug666 30 Mar 2021 19:49:58 760 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Better add Inside to the list please. I'm on an old indie backlog roll.
  • wuntyate 30 Mar 2021 19:54:54 16,932 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Chug666 enjoy, it's fucking brilliant.
  • Chug666 30 Mar 2021 20:45:27 760 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @wuntyate from the first half hour I entirely agree!
  • Wayne 31 Mar 2021 09:07:18 3,346 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The spring sales, they come to taunt us,
    But my slots have all been filled,
    I keep my focus and remain steadfast,
    And my backlog will be killed.
  • wuntyate 31 Mar 2021 09:52:53 16,932 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah yeah. Another sale. Each one takes a fair bit of willpower to resist but as my slots are bulging as well, I know that this could be the end of me.

The one good thing is that I know there's nothing else really that I actively want. Unless Visage is on sale. In which case I'm buying it and I'm fucked.
  • Wayne 31 Mar 2021 10:01:36 3,346 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If anything I desperately want goes on sale, Iíll be hammering through one of my games to free a slot for it.
  • tyke71 31 Mar 2021 10:14:48 114 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Please add the Civ 6 frontier pass to one of my slots o King of the Anatidae.

Not sure what constitutes completing it? playing one game with a feature of each of the packs?
  • Phattso 31 Mar 2021 10:14:56 27,073 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm very close to clearing three of my games, so I'm run good shape to SPLURGE LIKE A BOSS in the sales. :)
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.