Following The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 42

• Rodderz 14 Apr 2021 20:53:57 4,427 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    Please add 🦆 Fez to my list please. Surprise launch on the Switch today. No-brainer as I never finished it on the 360.
    Absolutely loved the soundtrack in Fez, I used to listen to it often as it was such a chill set of tracks. Likewise never completed the game on 360 though!

Anyway, 🎯Subnautica completed and even managed to get the Platinum trophy. I throughly enjoyed this, it's a pretty unique environment for a game and had me thinking of PS1 classic Treasures of the Deep on a few occasions. It all looked pretty decent, but with the odd hitch in framerate on the Pro and the initial load times were pretty long, so wouldn't mind seeing it on PS5 if I can ever manage to get one. Those sea Dragon creatures shit me up quite a few times, but I battered one when I finally got the Prawn Suit and a few upgrades, which was joyous!

Moving onto Last of Us: Part II now, which is already in a slot. Time to see if this lives up to the hype.
  • Wayne 15 Apr 2021 19:09:03 3,370 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🦆 Maquette

Not overly enjoying this if Iím honest, but Iím approaching the two hour mark and I just refuse to let it beat me, so itís going in a slot.
  • Samildanach 15 Apr 2021 21:18:33 599 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Going to have to give a belated 🎯 for Crimzon Clover. I've given it plenty of attempts to justify my £1.74 purchase price, but I clearly cannot play shmups on a laptop using the arrow keys without being supremely shit. Managed as far as Stage 5 on 1 credit in Novice mode, but don't see myself progressing from there. A single press of each key moves me far too far for careful bullet hell routing, so bollocks to it. I'm certainly not going to buy a controller for my laptop when I have plenty to be going with on the PS4.

So, let's replace that game with a horizontal shmup before I go back to the Aleste Collection. Let's see if I can get the 1cc on: 🦆 Sagaia Version 1 (Arcade). I failed with the full fat Darius 2 Arcade release, but this one is shorter and has bosses that melt very quickly under sustained fire. Got to get it cleared before R-Type Final 2 arrives to fill a slot on April 30th (allegedly). The pressure is on!
  • Phattso 15 Apr 2021 22:01:55 27,101 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Samildanach just as a heads up, it should be trivial to get your PS4 controller working on the laptop if you wanted to.
  • Wayne 15 Apr 2021 22:07:32 3,370 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just deleted everything except Maquette off the PS5 because all the installed games were just screaming ďPLAY ME!!!Ē
  • Samildanach 15 Apr 2021 22:08:12 599 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    @Samildanach just as a heads up, it should be trivial to get your PS4 controller working on the laptop if you wanted to.
    Or really? I hadn't even thought of that, Ta muchly for the tip. If I sort it then I might get the clear on Novice mode of Crimzon Clover at least. Arcade mode is too brutal regardless.
  • Phattso 15 Apr 2021 22:10:56 27,101 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Samildanach wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    Or really? I hadn't even thought of that, Ta muchly for the tip. If I sort it then I might get the clear on Novice mode of Crimzon Clover at least. Arcade mode is too brutal regardless.
    Yeah. Wireless might be tough, but a USB cable should work. Not suggesting you need to go back to Crimson Clover, but just letting you know. :)
  • Nazo 16 Apr 2021 06:10:18 1,795 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Samildanach wrote:
    Going to have to give a belated 🎯 for Crimzon Clover. I've given it plenty of attempts to justify my £1.74 purchase price, but I clearly cannot play shmups on a laptop using the arrow keys without being supremely shit. Managed as far as Stage 5 on 1 credit in Novice mode, but don't see myself progressing from there. A single press of each key moves me far too far for careful bullet hell routing, so bollocks to it. I'm certainly not going to buy a controller for my laptop when I have plenty to be going with on the PS4.
    This sounds like one of those bad purchase, eternal duck scenarios to me...
  • Samildanach 16 Apr 2021 07:37:15 599 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Samildanach wrote:
    This sounds like one of those bad purchase, eternal duck scenarios to me...
    I can certainly be put in front of the baying mob for this one. Fortunately I've not hit the 2hr mark with Sagaia yet, so not necessarily utterly boned myself. Let's see if I can get the controller working for Crimzon Clover.

Duckbreaker - leave me as my slots currently are for now.
  • CowsMakeNoise 16 Apr 2021 11:45:33 170 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🎯 Tekken 7
    Main storyline and all character episodes completed, I remain rubbish at fighting games and cannot resist the urge to buy them.

🎯 Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright
    Heavier on the Phoenix side of things, which Iím ok with. The storyline is a little predictable but thereís enough charm to carry it off.

🦆 CoD: WW2
    Been spending too much time in the End my neighbours thread and find myself overcome with a patriotic need to shoot Europeans.
  • OnlyJoeKing 17 Apr 2021 21:09:18 1,234 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've only gone and bloody finished a game! A whole game! The Ghost of Tsushima credits are rolling as I write.

Only took me 4 months too. What a game though.
  • Wayne 18 Apr 2021 00:32:31 3,370 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🦆 Phasmophobia

Bullied into buying and playing this. Iím not sure how I ďfinishĒ it per se, but I guess it has to go in a slot.
  • Wayne 18 Apr 2021 16:51:44 3,370 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯 Maquette
    Glad itís over. Fantastic concept that just wasnít much fun. I found some of the puzzles a little unclear and thereís one point where it makes it look like you have to do one thing, but youíve actually to do something else. Would
    Only recommend to the most die hard first person puzzle fans.
  • Vortex808 18 Apr 2021 18:08:17 15,143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Credits rolled on Outriders thank god.

It was fun enough to play, but the story was the most laughable in a loong time.

Please strike it from my record.
  • DuckBreaker 18 Apr 2021 18:59:44 273 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'll do an update in a bit, so if there are any other changes to go on then let me know.

Edited by DuckBreaker at 18:59:57 18-04-2021
  • ghearoid 18 Apr 2021 19:09:03 3,748 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 🎯

Credits have rolled, Gray and I lived gaily ever after, my horse won its race and I have the best cow. I checked my GBA save file and had abandoned that game in year two so I'm happy to finally finish this remake.

Marvellous game!

I should only have Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney on my list now.

Pokťmon Snap soon!
  • Samildanach 18 Apr 2021 21:58:38 599 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks to the wonder of technology and Phattso's advice, Crimzon Clover on laptop with PS4 controller is a much more playable experience. Still only good enough for Novice mode (Arcade is INSANE) and managed to 1 life clear to stage 4 (going damn well this time) before beating the big final boss at stage 5 with 1cc and several lives to spare. Of course there is a secret extra final boss this time and I get battered but pull through. 1CC! I yell with joy, only for a third-super-secret final-final-Bastard final form to appear and fecking take my last life with just a smidgeon of life left. So it ended up a 2cc run, but at least I got the proper end game credits so I am calling this DONE. GODDAMMIT!!!

And I am ranked 3465th in the WORLD. I must be some kind of gaming GOD.

Yes there are more than 3500 players ranked you bastards!
  • Saul_Iscariot 18 Apr 2021 22:49:58 4,318 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When I played Beyond Good and Evil on the GameCube there was a code you could enter. This ranked you in your region, and after several play throughs I was ranked 53rd in Europe. After that youíd find people achieving more than was possible in the game. Really peeíd me off that the devs did nothing about it. But, well done Samil.

Edited by Saul_Iscariot at 22:50:25 18-04-2021
  • Samildanach 18 Apr 2021 22:54:59 599 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Saul_Iscariot
    That sucks as it makes the rankings meaningless.

I definitely don't need any congratulations for my very average Crimzon Clover showing though. But thanks nonetheless.
  • DuckBreaker 18 Apr 2021 22:58:06 273 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Update done Oh merry ladies and gentlemen. We say goodbye to Pigwhipper Wuntyate once again.

He can look forward to an Eternal Pigwhip Failure Award at year's end.
  • Steifybobbins 18 Apr 2021 23:08:58 799 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I see I've just missed the update. First I have a question, Final Fantasy 10 was bought last year and on checking I've not hit 2 hrs can it be removed?

Secondly please add and remove Fez from my list bought and ran through Friday and over the weekend.

Please add and leave there.. Huntdown which is excellent if anybody is wondering

Edited by Steifybobbins at 17:36:48 22-04-2021
  • hedben2013 19 Apr 2021 09:02:44 2,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't manage it for the update but I must be getting close to finishing the main story of AssCreed Origins. Also looking forward to checking out some of the post-launch extra quests they added, but they're locked to lv40, and they REALLY make you work for the last few character levels. Seems like going lv33-35 took at least as long as lv25-33.

I'm starting to think about what short games to swap in once it's finished. It was going to be Dear Esther but my son's been playing Super Hot - Mind Control Delete and it looks like more of the same fun...
  • Wayne 19 Apr 2021 09:59:43 3,370 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @CowsMakeNoise Is four targets ahead of me. Am I gonna have to play a bunch of short indie games? Or maybe it's time to hammer that PSVR backlog.
  • Vortex808 19 Apr 2021 10:05:52 15,143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    We say goodbye to Pigwhipper Wuntyate once again.

/pray for wunty
  • dmj 19 Apr 2021 10:15:40 1,081 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think I mentioned it a few days ago, but please add Final Fantasy IX (PC) to my list.

May as well add the Witcher 3 expansions as well. Nowhere near starting them (which I never did the first time around) as Iím having too much fun pottering around the main game again, but Iíll get to them at some point this year.
  • GrandpaUlrira 19 Apr 2021 10:41:45 3,874 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm going to add🦆 Picross S2 to my list. Need something easy I can play in short chunks as I'm getting a bit bored of Grindstone.
  • Rodderz 19 Apr 2021 12:16:01 4,427 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:

/pray for wunty
    Purchase in peace wunty, purchase in peace 🙏🏻.
  • wuntyate 19 Apr 2021 12:37:41 17,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:

/pray for wunty
    The worst part of it all is I'm not even ashamed.
  • DuckBreaker 19 Apr 2021 13:17:50 273 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    dmj wrote:
    I think I mentioned it a few days ago, but please add Final Fantasy IX (PC) to my list.

May as well add the Witcher 3 expansions as well. Nowhere near starting them (which I never did the first time around) as Iím having too much fun pottering around the main game again, but Iíll get to them at some point this year.
    I couldn't work out how I had missed you until I noticed that Duckbreaker had you accidentally on 'ignore'. Nothing personal honest! You are visible again and I'll do miniupdate in a few days to catch those who missed the latest one.
  • dmj 19 Apr 2021 13:27:33 1,081 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iím outraged! Iím going to play ten new games for 121 minutes each to register my dissatisfaction.*

*And also write to The Daily Mail.

Edited by dmj at 13:29:37 19-04-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.