Following The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 46

• dominalien 28 Apr 2021 22:17:26 10,476 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    So, this Judgment game, eh? Y'all think if I quickly lost my PS4 version behind the couch and got the PS5 version that's coming out tomorrow the DuckBreaker wouldn't notice?
    No objections for a week, Judgment PS5 is a-go! So long-a Judgment PS4!

But seriously, I have been playing the PS4 version and even though it's an eye-gouging 30 fps it's simply fine. I won't be bothering with the PS5 upgrade then.
  • dominalien 29 Apr 2021 09:48:44 10,476 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I am back onto Dragon Age Inquisition, Iíd like to ask that it be added to my list.
  • hedben2013 29 Apr 2021 09:54:38 2,076 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    hedben2013 wrote:
    ...must admit to a bit of Ubi burnout.

Haven't decided what goes in the free slot yet but rest assured it will be a nice, quick snack of a game.

Sooooooo I bought Far Cry 4 in the sale. Damn you Ubisoft I need map icons to check off...
    Heh, I just looked up Far Cry 4 on How Long To Beat and was reminded that there's a way of getting to end credits in 15 minutes... that counts for PIGWHIP right??

(I don't actually need to cheat like that, I'm about 5 hours in already...)
  • Wayne 29 Apr 2021 10:12:26 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phasmaphobia... my enjoyment of this game is 100% dependant on who I play with. Had a bash last night with some people who are really into it, and it's just not as fun.
    I've decided that I'm gonna try to put 11 hours into it before considering it finished (because I paid £11 for it, and a quid per hour of gaming seems like reasonable value to me).
  • Phattso 29 Apr 2021 12:22:52 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Because the Switch was gathering dust, I decided to spend the princely sum of £3.84 on 🦆 Among Us. Not sure what the completion criteria here needs to be, but it's going to be my snack game in between murderising in Hitman 3 and strategising on the bridge of the Enterprise in Bridge Crew. :)
  • Wayne 29 Apr 2021 12:26:17 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Phattso Have you a group you play with, or are you just playing with randoms?
  • Phattso 29 Apr 2021 12:27:10 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Small group, and then opening up to randoms. 4 of us so far.
  • Rodderz 29 Apr 2021 14:22:28 4,427 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯The Last of Us Part II completed earlier this week. Wow, that was a roller-coaster, with some seriously dark stuff going on in this sequel. There were points where I questioned the continued motivations of characters as it progressed, given some of the things they'd experienced, but overall thought the story, characters, acting/voice work etc. was excellent. I thought about the game a lot once finishing it, contemplating aspects of its story and themes, and that's a rare thing for a game to achieve so gets a thumbs up from me. On a technical level, the game looked amazing on the Pro and ran pretty well too, with only the occasional weird bugs. When I get my hands on a PS5 I'd definitely love to try it out again, should it receive a next-gen upgrade patch.

Right, I'm adding 🦆Greedfall to a slot and have put in around 8ish hours so far. It's certainly a bit jarring to go from the AAA, first-party bleeding edge graphics of LoU2 to a game that looks a bit early-PS3 in the visual stakes! However, I've always found some enjoyment in developer Dontnod's games, at least the ones that I've played since trying Remember Me on PS3 a few years back, and more recently Vampyr. I'm hoping the rpg elements and story are at least decent, as I've read some reasonably positive reviews for this one.
  • Wayne 29 Apr 2021 14:41:03 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Rodderz 100% agree with all of that regarding TLOU2. Such a game!
  • Samildanach 29 Apr 2021 16:55:20 599 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rodderz
    Isn't Greedfall by Spiders? (The Dev, not a creepy bunch of actual giant spiders punching out game code in a darkened room in Paris somewhere) Greedfall is on my 'interested' list, so I'll be keen for your take on it when it is done.
  • Rodderz 29 Apr 2021 17:08:39 4,427 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Samildanach

Samildanach wrote:
    @Rodderz
    Isn't Greedfall by Spiders? (The Dev, not a creepy bunch of actual giant spiders punching out game code in a darkened room in Paris somewhere) Greedfall is on my 'interested' list, so I'll be keen for your take on it when it is done.
    Ah, you're absolutely right and I'm an idiot!! I don't know why I thought that it was by Dontnod... 🤔. Ah well, I'll give it a good go anyway, too late now!
  • Wayne 29 Apr 2021 18:32:56 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    My girlfriend recently finished Greedfall. She that despite it clearly not having the budget of a triple A game, she still really liked it and enjoyed the story.
  • dominalien 30 Apr 2021 07:03:36 10,476 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    And please add Returnal to my list... ;-(
  • crashVoodoo 30 Apr 2021 08:05:14 7,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Please remove Dyson Sphere Project from my list. I'm by no means done with it but I have hit the official mission complete screen.

237 hours and still going strong, best £15 ever
  • Phattso 30 Apr 2021 16:09:30 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wow! Sounds like an amazing game.

For me, credits just rolled on Hitman 3 but I wouldnít be stupid enough to try to slip that past you Ďorrible lot as a completion.

I properly rinsed Dartmoor and made a good fist of Mendoza. I will however go back to the others and find at least one other way in each to dispatch the targets before calling it done.

£23 well spent. If and when I get a new gaming laptop I think I will unearth the previous two Hitman games from my Steam backlog and have at Ďem.
  • Wayne 30 Apr 2021 16:33:41 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't know where I stand here. I was planning to buy Returnal. But then pay day came, and I done the maths and decided that it wasn't wise to be buying a game.
    Then my girlfriend told me she was really looking forward to playing Returnal this weekend. So it was a case of "Errrr, sorry, I'm not buying it now. Haven't got the cash". She told me to buy it and she'd give the money. Which I have.

So she paid for it. She bought it. I did not buy Returnal, I did naaaaat. Oh Hi Mark.

So... it doesn't need to go in a slot, right? Right? C'mon lads.
  • Phattso 30 Apr 2021 16:50:03 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Wayne this thread gets a bad rep as being overly punitive, but I think thatís unfair.

Of course you donít put it on your list. Itís her game. She paid for it!!!

I mean... obviously *you* canít play it, but your list may remain unsullied.
  • Wayne 30 Apr 2021 16:52:05 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I do *want* to play, but it's imperative that I leave a slot for Resident Evil Village.
    It shall not be taking up a slot. Yet.
  • Nazo 30 Apr 2021 17:21:44 1,795 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This sounds like Boris and his flat.
  • Rodderz 30 Apr 2021 18:21:09 4,427 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    @Wayne this thread gets a bad rep as being overly punitive, but I think thatís unfair.

Of course you donít put it on your list. Itís her game. She paid for it!!!

I mean... obviously *you* canít play it, but your list may remain unsullied.
    He could, of course, always just passively watch his girlfriend play and enjoy Returnal, and we'll naturally assume Wayne is being good and not playing it. We won't judge him for it at all. 🦆🦆🚨🚨YES WE WILL🚨🚨🦆🦆!!!.

Don't forget, the generous overlord that is the DuckBreaker does give us all that 2-hour 'test window', to try something new out without committal, so you can either slot it or cease playing at 2 hours if you're not enjoying it/want to keep a slot free Wayne. Could you not just enjoy those 2 wonderful hours of Returnal 😀?
  • Wayne 30 Apr 2021 18:25:35 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Foul temptress be gone!
  • Vortex808 30 Apr 2021 18:54:00 15,143 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Put me down for 🦆 Call of the Sea.

Played a few mins of the prologue and think I'm in.

I should really finish Division 2 NY, since i only have one mission to go, but feel i need something different after finishing Prey.
  • dominalien 1 May 2021 10:22:51 10,476 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    And please add Returnal to my list... ;-(
    What a bad call that was. I wonít be playing again and now Iím stuck with it FOREVER.
  • Wayne 1 May 2021 11:25:35 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Weak.
  • OnlyJoeKing 1 May 2021 16:13:26 1,234 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Returnal please!

It's good. REALLY good.
  • dominalien 2 May 2021 07:48:50 10,476 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Resident Evil Village is now preordered, so please add that to the last free slot oh DuckBreaker sir.

I am now properly fucked.
  • DuckBreaker 2 May 2021 09:40:12 273 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Update incoming this evening Pigwhippers, so get your changes in today if you want them included.
  • Wayne 2 May 2021 13:01:37 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🦆 Returnal

Iím gonna regret that, but I know Iíll inevitably play it in the next few days, so fire it on.
  • Phattso 2 May 2021 16:10:27 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    🎯 Hitman 3 - Iíve gone back and rinsed a couple of the missions now (Dartmoor and whatever the final mission is called) and completed all of them at least twice with different methods. I think Iíll dip in and out over the coming months, but for now happy to consider it finished.

Really will be unearthing the first two from my backlog on PC when the new laptop arrives. Loved it.
  • Wayne 2 May 2021 21:05:28 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯 Ratchet & Clank

All done. Really enjoyed that. Definitely more likely to pick up Rift Apart having played that.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.