The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 6

• Red_Bool 13 Jan 2021 19:37:12 2,169 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Credits rolled on Control.
    (Thank you Gamepass! I would not have thought of buying/playing it otherwise.)

I'm still going to mop-up some left-over missions because the atmosphere in this game is just sooo good, but it can come off my list now.
  • Phattso 13 Jan 2021 19:43:27 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    What was the judgement on Red Dead Redemption 2 completion? Story done or story plus epilogue?

Asking for a friend.
  • Trafford 13 Jan 2021 19:44:51 8,853 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd say you need to play the epilogue. For story purposes.
  • Phattso 13 Jan 2021 20:07:47 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    My friend says youíre a fucking nobber.
  • Trafford 13 Jan 2021 20:40:10 8,853 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's another 10 hours amongst friends? 😎
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jan 2021 20:47:05 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Your friend sounds needlessly aggressive. Just sayin'

Edited by crashVoodoo at 20:47:18 13-01-2021
  • CowsMakeNoise 13 Jan 2021 20:51:03 107 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    What was the judgement on Red Dead Redemption 2 completion? Story done or story plus epilogue?

Asking for a friend.
    I think weíd all agree that the game ends right when Icarus and Friends appears on the map. Nothing to do after that. Nope.
  • Steifybobbins 13 Jan 2021 21:03:18 741 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can take Ministry of broadcast off my list. It was alright for the price I paid.

Nothing to add at the minute, Octopath and FFX will keep me going for a long while unless something amazing catches my eye to break up The JRPG Marathon.
  • Phattso 13 Jan 2021 21:43:11 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    I thought that my friend being tongue in cheek didnít need to be said. Seems not. :)
  • crashVoodoo 14 Jan 2021 00:04:42 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    I thought that my friend being tongue in cheek didnít need to be said. Seems not. :)
    tell your friend to get his tongue out of your cheek :p
  • hedben2013 14 Jan 2021 00:12:22 1,906 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    - AssCreed Syndicate
    - AssCreed Oranges
    - GTA Online Cayo Perico Heist
    - Breath of the Wild
    Cayo Perico Heist: DONE

Phew, bought myself a bit of breathing space
  • Phattso 14 Jan 2021 10:32:52 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @monkman76

monkman76 wrote:
    Tuffty wrote:
    I did the mission where you have to raid the fortress in Leicestershire.
    This sounds so weird. Kind of makes me want to play the game, even though I'm currently bouncing off Odyssey after 20 hours or so.
    Perhaps you should confirm your participation in this most noble of threads. You've clearly lost your way already.

'I dislike this game in this series, but some random online opinion on the next game in this series that I am presently disliking makes me want to abandon the game in the series I'm presently disliking and start the next game in the series I'm presently disliking in the vague hope that I'll like it more.'

YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD, USER MONKMAN76!
  • monkman76 14 Jan 2021 10:41:19 17,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a fair point. I'm not going to buy Valhalla though, in my defence. Though I will defend my right to have my curiosity piqued by a random internet person's passing comment to the death (or close).

I'm not sure if I want to participate to be honest, but I'll go with it for now. Please Phattso and/or DuckBreaker (who am I kidding) put Miles Morales on my list, as I bought it at the PS5 launch and haven't played it for more than half an hour. Everything else I'm currently playing was started before the new year, or is within the 2 hour 'dabbling with Game Pass / PS Plus before committing' phase.

1. Miles Morales
  • Phattso 14 Jan 2021 10:44:41 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    (there was a rumour that it was mainly user Samildanach with his virtual hand up the virtual Duck's virtual anus, but that can neither be confirmed nor denied)

We believe in you, user monkman76. Especially as there's next to fuck all coming out on the PS5 this year - in fact even if all the AAA games slated for release came out your four slots would be enough for them. Rejoice in your high likelihood of success. REJOICE!
  • DuckBreaker 14 Jan 2021 11:04:54 206 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    My anal manipulator can continue to remain a source of vague mystery.

A wise start with only 1 slot filled monkman76. Also, when those sales hit and your itchy trigger finger poises to click Buy, despite likely plenty in the backlog; just think that it will probably be even cheaper in a later sale when you have got further into said backlog. Guaranteed win eh?

Edited by DuckBreaker at 11:05:45 14-01-2021
  • wuntyate 14 Jan 2021 11:39:50 16,192 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've done all the main campaign stuff in Destiny 2 Beyond Light by killing Eramis. All that seems left for me is grindy quests for slightly more powerful gear and 50 million bounties and other confusing things.

Please remove it from my list as I've completed the content I purchased it for and, although I'll definitely be pootling about in it for some time to come, I'm satisfied I've got my money's worth from it after going through Forsaken, Shadowkeep and now Beyond Light.

That leaves me with:
    1) Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    2) Far Cry 5
    3)
    4)

Full disclosure that I've recently reinstalled Resident Evil 2 for another run through after finishing Resident Evil 3 a short time ago (before I joined this challenge). As I already own it, and have already finished it, does it count? I'm also going to mess about in RE3 as well concurrently.
  • Wayne 14 Jan 2021 11:51:56 2,316 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @wuntyate Personally speaking, I'd put a game in a slot if I was replaying it. It'd help me commit to it and actually finish it again, rather than just dipping in and then it drifting back into the ether.
    Perfect example is Resident Evil 0 in my slot.

Edited by Wayne at 11:52:19 14-01-2021
  • monkman76 14 Jan 2021 11:56:08 17,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    But then if you're replaying it, are you going to be upset with yourself if you don't get to the end? Don't think I would. I guess the answer to that tells you if it should be on the list.
  • Phattso 14 Jan 2021 11:59:27 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    According to the rules lawyering, you can do what you want with a game you already owned and have already rinsed. So by the rules, you're free to do as you please. As people above have said, though: if you want to and intend to play through it why not bung it on your list anyways?

It's quite short, isn't it? I was eyeing it up in a sale recently. Truefact: forum user Phattso has only ever completed one Resident Evil game, and that was the RE5 in co-op.
  • monkman76 14 Jan 2021 12:08:21 17,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd never played a Resident Evil game. Thought the RE2 remake was outstanding, give it a go for sure.
  • Phattso 14 Jan 2021 12:09:17 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm sure I'll get a few hours into it and then have my head turned by RE3 and I'll abandon it, FOLLOWING YOUR STERLING EXAMPLE! ;)
  • Gl3n Moderator 14 Jan 2021 12:15:59 6,841 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    :D

So red dead 2 then, will it take months?
  • monkman76 14 Jan 2021 12:19:36 17,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I'm sure I'll get a few hours into it and then have my head turned by RE3 and I'll abandon it, FOLLOWING YOUR STERLING EXAMPLE! ;)
    Nah, RE3 looks a bit shit in comparison. I think you're safe :)
  • dominalien 14 Jan 2021 12:29:12 10,216 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A nice touch with the red question marks on the front page Mr Breaker, sir. Itís like a Schrodingerís question mark, it can be a poo or not and no one will know until the post is updated. Iíve always felt sorry for the cat.
  • Phattso 14 Jan 2021 12:33:50 26,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    :D

So red dead 2 then, will it take months?
    I just had a look at a walkthrough, and Iím three missions from the end of the main story. But there are 20 more after that. 20!!!!

Not sure why Iím complaining though, itís an amazing game and Iím loving it. Just was hoping to put it on the back burner for a while and try something else for a palate cleanser. But donít wanna risk just forgetting about it.
  • wuntyate 14 Jan 2021 12:36:19 16,192 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RIght, fair is fair and yes, it will commit me to finishing it as I really want to. I'm going to be a bit cheeky and put RE2 & 3 in the same slot as I'll be doing another run of 3 straight after. I'm basically wanting to do one of the main scenarios in 2, then do another run of 3, then do a B scenario in 2. That's the plan anyway. If that works for the almighty quacker that is.

So therefore my list is:

2) Far Cry 5
    3) Resident Evil 2 AND Resident Evil 3
    4)
  • wuntyate 14 Jan 2021 12:37:40 16,192 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    Nah, RE3 looks a bit shit in comparison. I think you're safe :)
    It's not as good as 2 but I really liked it. Apart from Carlos' hair. That upset me more than anything else in the game.
  • DuckBreaker 14 Jan 2021 12:49:25 206 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    RIght, fair is fair and yes, it will commit me to finishing it as I really want to. I'm going to be a bit cheeky and put RE2 & 3 in the same slot as I'll be doing another run of 3 straight after. I'm basically wanting to do one of the main scenarios in 2, then do another run of 3, then do a B scenario in 2. That's the plan anyway. If that works for the almighty quacker that is.

So therefore my list is:

2) Far Cry 5
    3) Resident Evil 2 AND Resident Evil 3
    4)
    I will allow it.

RE2 doesn't officially count as you have not bought a new version of it since beating it originally. However Pigwhippers take note, the ORIGINAL PS RE2 would NOT count if playering REMAKE 2 for the first time. I'll come down hard on such rule bending I tell you.
  • The_Goon 14 Jan 2021 15:51:11 1,453 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can I sign up? Or is there another thread I need to post in?
  • DuckBreaker 14 Jan 2021 16:32:03 206 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Can I sign up? Or is there another thread I need to post in?
    You can sign up here no problem and welcome. You won't get added until I can do the next update in a few days just so you know.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.