Following The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 54

• monkman76 27 May 2021 08:09:15 18,725 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah man I'd completely forgotten about those games. They should bring them to the Switch.
    edit - Pullblox etc.

Edited by monkman76 at 08:09:29 27-05-2021
  • CowsMakeNoise 30 May 2021 08:15:35 180 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🎯 Shadow of War
    Nemesis system is still fantastic, hate the fact that WB patented it. Especially as it felt underused this time around, so many enemies in the game that Iíd rarely feel connected to them.

Basic systems are still fun, and the endgame was manageable (post patch with the reduced requirements). Might dive back into Desolation of Mordor for the last trophy, but done for now.
  • Rodderz 30 May 2021 17:38:31 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯CoD: Black Ops III completed this weekend. Like MW2 I rather enjoyed my time with it, decent FPS action from start to finish. Wasn't much interested in the kinda bizarre story, but the action was all in was after and it delivered.

I tried a demo of Ghost Recon: Breakpoint but found it a little clunky and the menu system looks like it was designed by 200 different people who all had their ideas included to create a confusing monumental mess. Giving this a pass for now, much preferred The Division.

I've fired up former ps+ giveaway 🦆Concrete Genie and yep, this looks all kinds of lovely so it can go straight in a slot.
  • HelloNo 30 May 2021 18:41:26 2,280 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    🎯 Gonna say I've put enough hours into WoW to call it worth the money: played it nearly every day for a month then... stopped. This was back in March, since then I've only played previously completed games + games I've put a lot of hours into already.
  • DuckBreaker 30 May 2021 19:59:50 289 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dead weight deleted. Front page all updated. 29 Pigwhippers still in the game as we near the half way point. Will we have another victim expiring before the next update? It's up to YOU!
  • Blackmarsh63 30 May 2021 20:00:38 4,204 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    🎯 Biomutant story done. Bit easy on ďnormalĒ. Has a 12 rating which is probably who itís aimed at. All a bit meh and probably deserves the sixes itís been getting.
  • Wayne 30 May 2021 22:44:01 3,626 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ☠️ I am defeated!

Painted myself into a corner where I had all four slots full and didnít want to play any of those games. A mild hangover resulted in me deciding to dip into a few Game Pass games.

I loved Pigwhip. It was helping me get through my backlog and resist buying new games, but a few duff decisions pretty much put me in a position where I couldnít enjoy my favourite hobby.

Good luck to the remaining Pigwhippers, and Iíll see you in 2022
  • DuckBreaker 31 May 2021 00:18:44 289 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Wayne
    Bloody Hell! I didn't think the next casualty was going to be quite so soon. On the other hand, the writing on the wall was there for pigwhipper Wayne. When you are hanging on by your fingernails, usually the only way is down.

Edited by DuckBreaker at 00:19:09 31-05-2021
  • Wayne 31 May 2021 08:26:29 3,626 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Lessons have been learnt. 2022 will be my year!
  • JoelStinty 31 May 2021 08:40:27 9,471 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can I add Blossom Tales to my list. Should tie me over nicely until Ratchet and Clank is released.
  • Vortex808 31 May 2021 09:13:44 15,245 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Another one bites the dust. The main lesson is to never fill all your slots wayne... have we learnt nothing from those dubious websites we were warned about? ;-)

Brief update on my Borderlands season pass 1 dlc run- Kreig's fantastic fustercluck is done. Probably would have started the handsome jack thing, but have been distracted by titanfall 1 lifting it's skirts at me enticingly.

Loving playing it again, despite the few 'no life gen 10 level 50' peeps utterly dominating the rest of us who are just out for a few games here and there.
  • monkman76 31 May 2021 11:54:40 18,725 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Please add Valheim to my list. Not played anything like this before so my 'completion' criteria will be fairly gentle - let's say defeat first two bosses or play for 20 hours, whichever comes first.
    🎯 Valheim

I beat the first two bosses and my Steam profile says I've played for 60 hours, so I'm very happy to call this done.
  • monkman76 31 May 2021 12:00:25 18,725 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Please add The Division 2 to my list, oh mighty duck.
    🎯 The Division 2

I've completed all the story stuff and am onto World Tier 5. Done.
  • Phattso 1 Jun 2021 10:06:45 27,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Because the Duckster is psychic it's already on the list, but just to say in the thread that I've added 🦆Far Cry 5 + New Dawn to my list.

I've really been hankering for a shooter, but can't bring myself to give Activision £40+ for either of the two most recent Call of Duty games. Decided to just combine shooting with my love of open world slurp-'em-up icon fests.

I imagine they'll be on my list for a while, but it's a good change of pace as I bang my head against various bosses in Remnant: From the Ashes. :)

Still got one spare slot, and one likely permanently taken up by the shitheap that is Star Trek Bridge Commander.
  • Phattso 1 Jun 2021 10:08:57 27,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    ...put me in a position where I couldnít enjoy my favourite hobby.
    Ah, this old chestnut. In PIGWHIP Bingo this is the most common phrase.

I would contend that if you've picked four games that you can't be arsed playing, then PIGWHIP isn't the problem, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. :)

Have fun pissing about superficially with your "favourite" hobby for the rest of the year, you massive quitter! :D

#DidntEvenMakeItToJune
  • Nazo 1 Jun 2021 10:17:05 1,835 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be fair, he blamed bad decisions, not Pigwhip itself. I'm sure he'll be back stronger next year. After all it apparently takes some people quite a few goes before they make it to June, eh?
  • Phattso 1 Jun 2021 10:36:18 27,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    To be fair, he blamed bad decisions, not Pigwhip itself. I'm sure he'll be back stronger next year. After all it apparently takes some people quite a few goes before they make it to June, eh?
    At least 60% of the fun of PIGWHIP is schadenfreude layered with hubris. :D

I did beat the hardest challenge - the first one which was ten games all year - but for sure I was the model failure in the second one. The third one I actually passed, but for a flurry of VR purchases which I probably should have just kept quiet about since it wasn't technically for "fun" as it were. So my internal moral compass is pure. ;)
  • Nazo 1 Jun 2021 13:01:22 1,835 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Weíre you buying those VR games to see how theyíd run on your system? :p
  • Phattso 1 Jun 2021 13:45:57 27,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    :D

Technically research for work - but there was no way you fuckers were letting me away with that. And rightly so. :)
  • JoelStinty 1 Jun 2021 16:12:38 9,471 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can I remove Dirt 5 from my list. Finally finished the never ending career mode this afternoon. Pretty average game really. Looks great but it just lacks any sort of Identity in its driving model and overall presentation. It tries so hard to have one it just ends up being Bon jovi of the driving game world. Flashy white smiles with neat hair but nothing of substance underneath. Doesnít help the game is ridiculously easy either. Had to up it to hard mode and even that played out like easy mode.
  • Saul_Iscariot 3 Jun 2021 20:38:57 4,347 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just want to check something, I have read the front page but am a little unclear on something. If I start playing a game that I have previously completed does it take a slot? I am near the end of Republic Commando so will have a slot opening up.

Some friends want to play SW Squadrons, as it is in this months PSN titles. I completed the story mode and had a play of the online MP section, and was then finished with the game. Havenít touched since about a month after it launched. If I have a dabble at the weekend, where exactly do I stand?
  • Phattso 3 Jun 2021 20:42:10 27,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    If youíve finished it, youíre good to go. On Squadrons Iíd say youíre ok to have at it. Obviously El Ducko will have the final day, mind you.
  • Nazo 3 Jun 2021 21:10:15 1,835 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phattso sounds like he was struggling with the controls, maybe you could invite him too and show him the ropes?
  • Rodderz 3 Jun 2021 22:01:06 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Took delivery of a PS5 today, so I'd like to fill my slots with 🦆Astro's Playroom and 🦆Spiderman Miles Morales please. I can finally play Control now too, which has occupied a slot for ages but I'd wanted to play it on a PS5 with the fancy update \0/.
  • DuckBreaker 3 Jun 2021 23:38:40 289 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Saul_Iscariot
    Games you have completed before will only count if you buy a new version of them. Replaying the same game is all fine and dandy without slot fillage.
  • DuckBreaker 3 Jun 2021 23:44:25 289 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've added the above info to the front page as indeed it was an omission. It's almost as if, deep down, I didn't want to let you all replay your games for free...like the Dastard I am.
  • JoelStinty 4 Jun 2021 06:34:24 9,471 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like to add Mass Effect Andromeda to my last slot. Suddenly had a real urge to try it out, guess with the release of the trilogy remaster it subconsciously reminded me to give it a go.
  • Saul_Iscariot 4 Jun 2021 07:49:22 4,347 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DuckBreaker Champion.
  • Phattso 4 Jun 2021 10:35:09 27,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Remnant: From the Ashes is 🎯

I was a little scared going in that Iíd end up banging my head against a nightmare boss and losing the slot, but in the end I think they pitched the difficulty really well (on Normal at least).

Iím going to keep plugging away replaying some missions, but with the credits rolling after almost 30 hours playtime I reckon it can come off the list.
  • Blackmarsh63 5 Jun 2021 21:28:53 4,204 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    🎯 Outriders.

Very enjoyable. Got a bit hectic at the end but a very decent shooter courtesy of Gamepass.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.