Following The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 55

• Rodderz 5 Jun 2021 21:50:07 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯Astro's Playroom completed and Platinumed. I loved this, it was a colourful and joyous introduction to this new gen and on par with a quality Nintendo platformer. The was some really inventive, beautiful and surprisingly nostalgic highlights through the history of PlayStation, and I loved the little skits with various astrobots throughout the game enacting some characters from classic PlayStation games. The end boss was inspired too 😁, just brilliant. A great showcase of the new Dualsense too.
  • Wayne 5 Jun 2021 22:02:10 3,626 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Completed Genesis Noir this weeÖ

Oh wait, never mind.
  • Saul_Iscariot 5 Jun 2021 22:24:10 4,347 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Credits have rolled on SW : Republic Commando. It was a lot harder than I remembered but a lovely bit of work by Aspyr.
  • Murbs 6 Jun 2021 08:56:44 25,119 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Iím out. No more details needed suffice to say

1) I made a couple of bad choices
    2) I bought a new iPhone which came with 3 months of Apple arcade
    3) I feel paying for subs and not trying the games Iím adding to my library is a false economy
    4) went on holiday without my Switch but with my Vita and iPad

Good luck to the rest of you
  • Wayne 6 Jun 2021 09:02:45 3,626 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    See honestly, I would never have included mobile gaming in Pigwhip. Itís just a different kettle of fish.

I get your point about the subscription service though.
  • tyke71 6 Jun 2021 10:06:23 117 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    With the end of the footie season I've succumbed to Football Manager 20/21 on GP.
    Worse, in a moment of drunken weakness I've also bought Elite Dangerous Odyssey so thats all my slots filled.
  • Phattso 6 Jun 2021 10:19:36 27,232 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    3) I feel paying for subs and not trying the games Iím adding to my library is a false economy
    For the record, Apple Arcade became an instant backlog. You had two hours of surfing on each game.
  • DuckBreaker 6 Jun 2021 10:49:33 289 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Murbs wrote:
    For the record, Apple Arcade became an instant backlog. You had two hours of surfing on each game.
    Yes, all subscription service included games automatically go into backlog, and indeed you get the two hours grace period. It does sound however, that Murbs is shafted regardless. Another one sinks from sight!

Edited by DuckBreaker at 10:49:47 06-06-2021
  • DuckBreaker 6 Jun 2021 10:59:04 289 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Wayne wrote:
    See honestly, I would never have included mobile gaming in Pigwhip. Itís just a different kettle of fish.

I get your point about the subscription service though.
    I would say it depends on what you are playing on mobile. Premium games, like for example a Final Fantasy, would arguably count; otherwise the point of Pigwhip for you is gone as you splurge endless cash on many games you may not fully play and enjoy. One needs the discipline and control there as much as one do on console/PC.
    Free-to-play shite and mega budget stuff (like 10p price tagged games) can probably be left outside of Pigwhip; that is, until you start spending proper money on microtransactions like a Whale with a lifetime of repressed uncontrollable urges. Then it goes on. And you take a look at your life and where you are heading.
  • Rodderz 6 Jun 2021 12:11:58 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    ...until you start spending proper money on microtransactions like a Whale with a lifetime of repressed uncontrollable urges.
    😂 Haha, well that's quite something... Has the Duck been smoking a du(ck)tchie this fine Sunday?

As for Murbs, Purchase in Peace fellow Pigwhipper, PiP.
  • ghearoid 6 Jun 2021 15:47:47 3,750 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Update!

I received New Pokťmon Snap as a belated birthday gift so please add to my list.

:)
  • Murbs 6 Jun 2021 16:12:42 25,119 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I played and finished What the Golf, so well over 2 hours. Also put some into Persona 3 Portable. I swear one day Iíll finish a persona game.

Iíll still try and curb my spending even though Iím out as itís nice to clear stuff off my backlog. Farthest Iíve got in one of these challenges to date😄

Maybe next year?

#funwhileitlasted
  • Blackmarsh63 6 Jun 2021 16:20:04 4,204 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 in a slot please. Ta very much.
  • Rodderz 6 Jun 2021 17:53:21 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯Concrete Genie completed and Platinumed. That's two Platinum trophies in a row, which is rather rare for me as I've only got 18 now unlocked over a number of years, so not bad going.

Anyway, this was a really lovely little game with a nice story, lovely art direction and a genuinely unique idea in the video game landscape. The music was lovely too and, mixed with the visuals, went so well together to create a chilled out vibe throughout the game.

My only complaint would be that I was unlocking genie designs and features after completing the main story, which kind of defeated the point as I'd have liked them earlier on. Still, thoroughly recommended for those tired of the usual video-game drab.
  • CowsMakeNoise 7 Jun 2021 16:46:52 180 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🦆 Ghost of Tsushima
    Having struggled with Sekiro (coming back to it, just like Iím going back for the PS3 Dark Souls and Demonís Souls, honest), I ended up buying GoT. Hoping for some easier samurai action.

Iíll post in about three hours complaining itís too hard.
  • Blackmarsh63 7 Jun 2021 16:51:58 4,204 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CowsMakeNoise I binned Sekiro but finished GoT no problem.
  • Phattso 7 Jun 2021 16:53:50 27,232 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, even I was able to Platinum Tsushima.
  • JoelStinty 7 Jun 2021 19:47:53 9,471 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think Iím going to be another one who has failed. 4 hours into mass effect andromeda and already finding it boring. Just seem to be bouncing of a lot of games in the last couple of years. Used to be quite happy buying a game of genre and playing it through to completion. Not so much these days.
  • Phattso 7 Jun 2021 19:53:10 27,232 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Oooof. You haven't done yourself any favours having DQ11 on there as well as Andromeda. Surely you've done enough of Grindstone to call it "finished"? Or have you barely played that too?

I was utterly addicted to it when it launched on Apple Arcade. But then one day it just wasn't for me any more and I haven't been back (and, well, let that sub lapse). Must've caned it for a couple of dozen hours over a few months mind. :)
  • JoelStinty 7 Jun 2021 19:56:01 9,471 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only 40 levels into grindstone. Like it but pick it up once a week or something like that. Think Iím buggered 😂
  • Phattso 7 Jun 2021 19:57:33 27,232 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Well, I dunno. That's quite far! It's definitely more than enough to see pretty much everything the game has to offer. That must be double digit hours played, too.

Maybe I'm just a big softie, and The Duckmeister will be along shortly to cast you asunder, but I'd be inclined to say that one was done.
  • DuckBreaker 8 Jun 2021 07:28:24 289 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well then Pigwhippers, shall we let JoelStinty live to see another Pigwhip day? Or cast the benighted fool into the fire?
    If anyone else with experience of Grindstone thinks 40 levels is good enough (or not) to take it from a slot, then lay us with your wisdom too.

Edited by DuckBreaker at 07:28:47 08-06-2021
  • Red_Bool 8 Jun 2021 08:01:16 2,270 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'd say 40 levels of Grindstone is more than enough. Plus it sounds like he'll be suffering enough with Andromeda anyway ;)
  • CowsMakeNoise 8 Jun 2021 15:44:04 180 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bouncing off Andromeda isnít a reflection on JoelStinty, more of a natural reaction to that game. Not that Iíve played it or ever will.

🦆 Rez Infinite
    Pretty and addictive. Also, doesnít make me think that my PS4 is about to melt or take off which is more than can be said for GofT.
  • Blackmarsh63 8 Jun 2021 16:48:58 4,204 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ratchet and Clank in my last free slot . Ta. Yes I waited for the reviews this time. Lesson learned.
  • Phattso 8 Jun 2021 18:32:55 27,232 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    OK - full disclosure, I just signed on for Boomerang rentals. Far Cry 5 isn't quite hitting the shooter spot for me (fun though I'm finding the game overall, and I'll definitely keep playing it) so I've been looking at one of the two most recent Call of Duty games for that fix. Fuck paying £35+ for six hour campaigns that I'll never replay. So I decided to just rent 'em instead.

Went for the basic one-at-a-time package, and as a game arrives I'll add it here. First should be 🦆 Modern Warfare (2019). Rinse, return, repeat. Might keep the sub for bigger things like Valhalla that I've been eyeing up, or just cancel it once I've scratched this itch.

Stay tuned for more tedious adventures in Phattso town.
  • tyke71 8 Jun 2021 21:22:12 117 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Credits rolled on AC Wrath of the druids.
    One of the better AC DLCs and Ireland makes a beautiful Open World.
  • Blackmarsh63 10 Jun 2021 22:33:46 4,204 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    🎯 Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 done. Disappointingly short but enjoyable.
  • Phattso 13 Jun 2021 08:25:52 27,232 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Credits rolled on 🎯 CoD Modern Warfare (2019).

Bear CoD campaign in years that. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, as grim as some of the killing was at times.

At least the story was fundamentally coherent, which isnít often the case.

About a third of the way through Far Cry 5 too, so making decent progress there. Different kinda shooter, and it was definitely the more on rails variety Iíd been craving, so itís a more chilled effort to get through that.
  • Vortex808 13 Jun 2021 13:32:16 15,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Might as well update my progress.

Two of my Borderlands 3 season pass 1 dlc run are down, one more to go.

Fustercluck done
    Handsome jackpot done.

Started bounty of blood.

Then think I just have guns love &tentacles to do.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.