Following The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 56

• Rodderz 13 Jun 2021 21:20:36 4,490 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🎯Spider-Man Miles Morales completed. I liked the new powers that Miles has to make him different to Peter, it added some interesting extra options for the fighting. Looks wise it was lovely, super smooth 60fps, and the ray-tracing really adds to the look of a glass skyscraper city. Combat was fun as was the story and characters.

Like the OG Spider-Man game, I hate that Insomniac have created a beautiful version of Marvel's New York and then decided the most interesting thing to do with the city is fill it with a load of Ubisoft style map-collectathon crap. I'd prefer to see more time spent on decent mission/side mission content and move away from that horribly outdated and dull formula.
  • Rodderz 16 Jun 2021 23:16:22 4,490 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Got a couple of games to add in my slots Mr. Duck: downloaded 🦆SOMA from PS+, as it has been thoroughly recommended by quaddy and wunty, so I'll play that when I'm done with the excellent Control. I have also purchased a disc copy of 🦆Returnal today, which I'm equakky(!) looking forward to playing.
  • Blackmarsh63 17 Jun 2021 17:24:00 4,420 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    🎯 Ratchet and Clank done. Super fun and looks gorgeous.
  • Zomoniac 17 Jun 2021 17:29:11 10,625 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I just bought Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and AC Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids.
  • DuckBreaker 18 Jun 2021 21:39:39 302 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    First page duckdated.
  • crashVoodoo 18 Jun 2021 22:03:46 7,174 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Factorio rocket has been launched. Now historically this looks to be the end but it looks like you can continue with a new science from launching satellites.

I'll continue both this and Dyson sphere as a large update is due soon. No further games to add at this time.
    *Cough* factorio has been completed
  • Phattso 18 Jun 2021 22:10:07 27,313 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Looks like that was missed in the previous update at the end of May - do you care so little that you've only just noticed? DO YOU?! :)
  • Samildanach 19 Jun 2021 10:40:59 631 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That was missed by me when I updated. To be fair, if you don't know the game, the post doesn't exactly say 'completed' and you even talk about carrying on with it, hence why I left it on.
  • Phattso 19 Jun 2021 11:17:55 27,313 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Those of us that have taken to using emoji for ducks and targets definitely make it easier on The Duckster when it comes to doing updates, thatís for sure. #HintHint
  • Jono62 19 Jun 2021 11:24:10 27,230 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    🦆 you might as well add Mario Golf to my list.
  • JoelStinty 20 Jun 2021 08:05:04 9,526 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    🦆 For Ratchet and Clank please. (And thank you for allowing me grindstone to come of the list).
  • Nazo 23 Jun 2021 08:35:28 1,903 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can I add something non-gaming to my list or is that Pigwhip heresy? I bought a bass course; as it's something that will be competing with games for my time / attention, it has a defined completion point and it's something I want to see through to the end it feels like it could fit. Also, I learned about it from lurking in the seedier parts of the forum.
    So if it's ok I'd like to add BassBuzz: Beginner to Badass to my list.
  • monkman76 23 Jun 2021 09:59:26 18,928 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm on module 6 of that very course myself. But I'm not adding it to my games list, what madness is this
  • wuntyate 23 Jun 2021 10:03:36 17,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Also, I learned about it from lurking in the superior parts of the forum.
    FTFY
  • monkman76 23 Jun 2021 10:07:41 18,928 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    Nazo wrote:
    Also, I learned about it from lurking in wunty and quaddy's private WhatsApp chat.
    FTFY
    FTFY
  • wuntyate 23 Jun 2021 10:21:07 17,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ouch man. Ouch.
  • Wayne 23 Jun 2021 10:34:26 3,955 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Can I add something non-gaming to my list or is that Pigwhip heresy? I bought a bass course; as it's something that will be competing with games for my time / attention, it has a defined completion point and it's something I want to see through to the end it feels like it could fit. Also, I learned about it from lurking in the seedier parts of the forum.
    When I was in Pigwhip, I'd toyed with asking if I could add books into the mix. But I never did.

Maybe someone could run some similar system where we dedicate ourselves to getting stuff done. I'm struggling through a networking course at the minute and some accountability would definitely help.
  • CowsMakeNoise 23 Jun 2021 11:10:52 192 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shocked and stunned to see the thread being derailed by fishing talk. And American fish at that.

🎯 Rez Infinite
    Simple concept thatís been implemented perfectly. Even my wife found herself asking about it (usually she ignores games unless theyíre on a mobile app).
  • JoelStinty 23 Jun 2021 12:14:48 9,526 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    🎯 Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

A good showcase for the PS5. Did feel it sagged a little in the third quarter but picks back up. Typcial R&C gameplay really backed up by some spectacular bells and whistles.

🦆 Alba
  • CowsMakeNoise 23 Jun 2021 12:39:49 192 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🎯 Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Got the purification ending after beating That Boss at Hirata. Only for the final boss of the game to become That Boss.

Genuinely fantastic game with a bit of a learning curve, but the feeling when it clicks and you work out the tactics for each attack is unparalleled. I spent hours on Owl and Isshin Sword Saint and you do feel that youíre progressing.

Definitely deserving of the praise it got and I can totally understand the criticism as well.
  • JoelStinty 25 Jun 2021 06:38:11 9,526 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    🎯 Alba
    Alba

Nice little palette cleanser, similar to a Short hike in being something a little different with a lot of charm. Only a 2-3 hours long, but its enough time for the game to get across what it wants to - and enough to wrap you up in the delights of photographing and cataloguing wildlife and fixing up the island in view of stopping a luxury hotel being built on a nature reserve. Does that simple but hard thing of making you aware of your own immediate surroundings.

🦆 Final Fantasy 7 Intermission
  • dominalien 26 Jun 2021 08:00:10 10,661 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Now that the PS5 patch is out for Fallen Order can I or can I not replay it? It has a new controller picture in the options and new trophies.
  • Red_Bool 26 Jun 2021 11:43:15 2,306 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    🦆 Sonic Mania
    What can I say? Pure nostalgia. CRT scanline filter on for that RGB SCART goodness :)
  • Samildanach 26 Jun 2021 18:34:39 631 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @dominalien Yon can replay games that you have already beaten without needing to add it into a slot (unless you have rebought the same game)
  • JoelStinty 26 Jun 2021 18:39:04 9,526 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    🦆 Sonic Mania
    What can I say? Pure nostalgia. CRT scanline filter on for that RGB SCART goodness :)
    I really liked Sonic Mania. Itís the first time I really understood and how to play the game. Good stuff.
  • Saul_Iscariot 26 Jun 2021 21:33:18 4,383 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Now that the PS5 patch is out for Fallen Order can I or can I not replay it? It has a new controller picture in the options and new trophies.
    That is an interesting one. The rules say if you return to a completed game, then that is okay. But if you are going for the trophies, then that is a different can of worms. For the record, I am five hours into the game, so I am glad that I have a spare slot at the moment.
  • DuckBreaker 27 Jun 2021 00:32:55 302 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    That is an interesting one. The rules say if you return to a completed game, then that is okay. But if you are going for the trophies, then that is a different can of worms. For the record, I am five hours into the game, so I am glad that I have a spare slot at the moment.
    What is this foolishness? Pigwhip not hard enough!?
    Attempting new trophies is all good without needing a slot. New bought/downloaded content that you haven't previously played would count though.
  • DuckBreaker 27 Jun 2021 00:37:28 302 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    I regret that I must deny your seemingly noble request. If I don't keep it at video games, I could get a host of books, TV series, bad habits, new skills and unusual untried sexual positions thrown in which I would have to slot in and slot out. I would definitely start quacking up.

So no. But don't let that stop you on your worthy mission!
  • ryanclayton 27 Jun 2021 08:40:54 124 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Duckbreaker Iíve finished ff7 remake and persona.

Add ac Valhalla to my list please
  • ryanclayton 27 Jun 2021 08:40:56 124 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Duckbreaker Iíve finished ff7 remake and persona.

Add ac Valhalla to my list please
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.