Following The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 57

• Nazo 27 Jun 2021 08:50:15 1,903 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Typical big government, trying to control what a man puts in his slots.
  • Wayne 27 Jun 2021 10:33:56 3,955 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Is it January yet?
  • Blackmarsh63 27 Jun 2021 16:17:43 4,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GTA V in a free slot please. Didn't finish it back in the day so now's the time.
  • Tomo 27 Jun 2021 18:25:12 19,525 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Ok, I think I've fallen... Unless Horizon being a free download on PSN rescues me...

Work has been super stressful recently, so needed something that wasn't: overwhelmingly huge (Cyberpunk), deeply nerve-wracking (Resi Village), monotonous (Horizon) or anachronistic (Blasphemous). I wanted something FUN basically, so bought Hades. And it is a lot of fun. Disengage brain, slash-up demons. Perfect.

So, have your way with me.
  • DuckBreaker 27 Jun 2021 22:23:54 302 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Ok, I think I've fallen... Unless Horizon being a free download on PSN rescues me...

Work has been super stressful recently, so needed something that wasn't: overwhelmingly huge (Cyberpunk), deeply nerve-wracking (Resi Village), monotonous (Horizon) or anachronistic (Blasphemous). I wanted something FUN basically, so bought Hades. And it is a lot of fun. Disengage brain, slash-up demons. Perfect.

So, have your way with me.
    By the sound of it your numbers up. Your only get out clause would be if you had played less than 2 hrs of Horizon (because of it being free and backlog rules apply).

My Hammer of Justice is poised to fall!
  • Tomo 27 Jun 2021 23:23:55 19,525 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I kneel at the guillotine.
  • Tomo 27 Jun 2021 23:27:19 19,525 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Tbh, this has been an interesting experience, but I'm not really well-suited to the PIGWHIP challenge. I don't get through many games anymore and I will readily bin a game if I'm bored with it. Too time poor nowadays to plough on for hours simply to say I've completed something.
  • Vortex808 28 Jun 2021 00:07:24 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    🎯 Borderlands 3 season pass 1 dlc done.

Phew! That was quite a lot of work.
  • dominalien 28 Jun 2021 05:56:38 10,661 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Now that the PS5 patch is out for Fallen Order can I or can I not replay it? It has a new controller picture in the options and new trophies.
    That is an interesting one. The rules say if you return to a completed game, then that is okay. But if you are going for the trophies, then that is a different can of worms. For the record, I am five hours into the game, so I am glad that I have a spare slot at the moment.
    What is this foolishness? Pigwhip not hard enough!?
    Attempting new trophies is all good without needing a slot. New bought/downloaded content that you haven't previously played would count though.
    That is unexpectedly charitable. Iíll take all I can get though, my game choices have been the worst ever. I have been trying to beat Returnal, that may happen in 2023.
  • Red_Bool 28 Jun 2021 11:56:32 2,306 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Red_Bool wrote:
    🦆 Sonic Mania
    What can I say? Pure nostalgia. CRT scanline filter on for that RGB SCART goodness :)
    I really liked Sonic Mania. Itís the first time I really understood and how to play the game. Good stuff.
    Having been mostly a Mario player, I never "got" Sonic games (even though it was the first home console game I bought, together with M.U.S.H.A. and a Japanese Mega Drive - it was the Sega Blue (tm) that sold it to me back then).

But now I'm also getting a better understanding on how to actually play it.

And I've been humming the Green Hill zone music all weekend :D
  • JoelStinty 29 Jun 2021 16:44:56 9,526 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    🎯 Blossom tales.

Decent zelda clone. But it is a clone so your mileage may vary.

🦆 Forza Horizon 4
    Picked up an S so this is my first foray into the Xbox universe. Thought about waiting till 5 but itíll always be there. Plays pretty well so far but itís not to different from
    Nfs games. Enjoying it though and look forward to seeing how it opens up. Early doors. Once I finish FF7 inter grade probably use game pass for a bit. Think Halo 1 and Gears 1 will be played next (one after the other of course). Donít think Iíll permanently subscribe (will pick up offers though) but when the new releases come round use it as an opportunity to get that and play through a couple other titles.

Edited by JoelStinty at 16:47:20 29-06-2021

Edited by JoelStinty at 16:49:13 29-06-2021
  • Phattso 29 Jun 2021 16:49:56 27,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    🎯 Far Cry 5 is done... or at least the credits have rolled. Not sure where all the hate for this one came from really - I remember the forum tearing it a new one. It's a polished evolution of that FC3 template. It's more focused than Far Cry 4 was, arguably a better cast of characters, and I had an absolute blast with it for the better part of 40 hours.

Straight on to New Dawn, as I bought it in a double pack and humped that slot for a few weeks, and it's already looking like a shitload of fun. Definitely stretching my open world itch.

Starting to regret putting Metro Exodus on my list though. I mainly did it for the shinies, and it's a bit of a slog. Between that and *fucking* Bridge Commander I might be effectively down to two slots for the rest of the year.
  • Vortex808 29 Jun 2021 16:58:32 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think my main issue with FC5 was that it just went on a bit.

I didn't engage with the wacky cult shit overly much either.
  • Phattso 29 Jun 2021 18:59:38 27,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Theyíve all been whacky since the third though, no? All that psychedelic shit. Really didnít feel like a big departure to me. 40hrs was about right.
  • DuckBreaker 29 Jun 2021 19:15:16 302 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll be doing a another update in an hour or so, so get your changes up.

(Starts to oil the executioner's blade)
  • DuckBreaker 29 Jun 2021 21:12:21 302 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ....aaand done.

27 still in the race, watching grimly as I wipe Tomo's ichor off my Blade of Justice with my gore-covered downy wing.

'Any others?' I gently quack.
  • Phattso 29 Jun 2021 22:42:31 27,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Thanks, O' Mighty Duck.

I might have a reprieve on Bridge *fucking* Crew, because I randomly discovered today that they patched in a non-VR mode so I can play this painfully shit game with mouse and keyboard.

I'll put in a shift with it, complete a bunch of missions, then I might need to throw myself on the mercy of the thread. It's so, so bad. And without VR what little immersion it had is utterly lost. VR isn't happening because the Oculus Link is twitchy AF and borderline unplayable. :(
  • CowsMakeNoise 30 Jun 2021 14:44:15 192 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🦆 Yakuza Kiwami 2

After two playthrough of Sekiro and my ongoing playthrough of Ghosts of Tsushima, I still need more Japan based action.
  • dominalien 1 Jul 2021 23:00:06 10,661 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think I'm out.

The PSP games might disappear tomorrow from PSStore so I got a couple of Ys games and will get more soon (some 20 games in total).
  • dominalien 2 Jul 2021 15:47:03 10,661 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    I think I'm out.

The PSP games might disappear tomorrow from PSStore so I got a couple of Ys games and will get more soon (some 20 games in total).
    And now it turns out they won't be removing the games. I just can't catch a break, can I? Those Ys games are gorgeous, though...
  • Steifybobbins 4 Jul 2021 16:55:39 805 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Please remove Mass Effect Trilogy from my list and add Tony hawk's 1 & 2 what a game Mass Effect is!
  • Blackmarsh63 4 Jul 2021 18:24:35 4,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    🎯 GTA 5 story done. Very late to the party but enjoyed it very much.
  • Samildanach 9 Jul 2021 12:40:38 631 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Despite being Pigwhip dead I have been surpringly well-behaved since I expired. No games abandoned and only one new purchase (Cotton 2 pre-order).
    Looks like Pigwhip has taught me some kind of self-control after all.

Possibly made a mistake starting REmake though. Never played it before and although I can see why it is a classic, it is just a bit too archaic in design for me. Must. Keep. Going!

Edited by Samildanach at 12:40:57 09-07-2021
  • Wayne 9 Jul 2021 15:53:39 3,955 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Samildanach 100% with you. I've been trying to replay all the RE games, albeit not in order, and RE and RE0 and quite frustrating by today's standard.
  • Samildanach 9 Jul 2021 16:14:42 631 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Wayne
    My only chance of actually beating it is to not start a new big game. Sticking with it along with a shmup on the side, for variation...and err Bloodborne NG+ playthrough/plat..

At least I know to avoid RE0 as it doesn't have the 'all time classic' status.
  • Rodderz 9 Jul 2021 22:03:18 4,490 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Update: Managed to finish two games in the last week, so can kick 🎯Control: Ultimate Edition and 🎯SOMA out of two slots! I enjoyed both of these for varying reasons, namely the bizzaro story, action/powers and environmental destruction of Control, with a fair bit of Alan Wake narrative thrown in for the AWE dlc to connect the two games, and the freaky underwater shenanigans of SOMA with underlying questions surrounding humanity, death and survival. Interesting stuff (and damn creepy at times).

Going to start Returnal now (already in a slot) and by all accounts it sounds like you get slaughtered, regularly, by giant shooty-things. Happy days 👍.
  • Nazo 9 Jul 2021 22:38:04 1,903 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What do the rules say about betas? I got in on the closed beta of Rocksmith+ (haven't started it yet). Is it classed as a demo so doesn't count? Or does it have to go on the list until the beta closes (assuming I go over 2 hours)?
  • DuckBreaker 9 Jul 2021 23:35:01 302 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    What do the rules say about betas? I got in on the closed beta of Rocksmith+ (haven't started it yet). Is it classed as a demo so doesn't count? Or does it have to go on the list until the beta closes (assuming I go over 2 hours)?
    Betas can count as just a demo, so carry on and spend your precious time playtesting an unfinished game for free. Your slots are safe.
  • Wayne 9 Jul 2021 23:46:33 3,955 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    I donít in pigwhip no more, but Iím throwing my opinion in the mix anyway.
    Rocksmith isnít a game. It shouldnít even be on Pigwhip.
  • Nazo 10 Jul 2021 23:16:31 1,903 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    According to the PSN store page it is. Don't be a sore loser, Wayne.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.