The PIGWHIP Challenge 2021 Page 27

• wuntyate 22 Feb 2021 22:00:02 16,533 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right. okay, let's see:

Space Harrier II
    Sonic 1 & 2
    Golden Axe 1, 2 & 3 (1 & 2 were done with my boy when I got home from work)
    Biohazard Battle
    Columns 1, 3 & Mean Bean Machine were done to death playing with my boy
    Shadow Dancer
    Gunstar Heroes
    Bonanza Bros

The only reason we didn't play through the 3 Streets of Rage games was because we played them a few months back on his Mega Drive Mini.

I played but didn't finish:
    ESWAT
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Sonic Spinball
    Dynamite Headdy
    Kid Chameleon
    Comix Zone
    Altered Beast
    Alien Storm
    Vectorman

A lot of the others are shitey RPG things that nearly made me vomit when I started playing them and Toejam & Earl was made by someone who was genuinely disturbed so that doesn't count.

Whatever the ruling is, I'll abide by it, and I ask that the fact I even admitted to buying it in the first place knowing I was pretty full be shown as an example of my good character. I am also willing to use this as a learning experience not to buy any more Far Cry games.

Edited by wuntyate at 22:01:12 22-02-2021
  • Wayne 22 Feb 2021 22:01:20 2,527 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BURN THE WITCH!!!
  • wuntyate 22 Feb 2021 22:03:50 16,533 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a fair cop.
  • Samildanach 22 Feb 2021 22:20:32 546 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @wuntyate
    You at least finished the quality Megadrive games. The others are definitely less worthy of our limited gaming time.

Do we let him off maybe with a punishment Challenge instead, fellow Pigwhippers?
  • HarryPalmer 22 Feb 2021 22:26:39 6,304 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Can I still join? I need help. I failed last year but lasted reasonably well and Iíve massively fallen off the wagon. If Iím allowed in Iíd like to add:

Skyrim (yeah, does this take up 2 slots??)
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Ace Combat 7
    Tekken 7 (complete story mode)
  • wuntyate 22 Feb 2021 22:32:13 16,533 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The LAST thing I'm going to add in my defence, is that I am not going to install it before I've finished Days Gone. That's not made up. I genuinely bought it because it was £15 and, whilst it may very well be again, I'm not sure it will be down that low for a while.

That's it. I think that... I'll just check my notes... Yeah. I'm done.

/sits
  • Wayne 22 Feb 2021 22:41:12 2,527 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iíve a question.

Can I buy a PlayStation 5* if all my slots are filled?
    The plan would be to purchase it but not unbox it until I have a free slot (which would inevitably be taken up by AstroBot**)

*letís face it, the chances are slim

**itís a free game, so I wouldnít be purchasing a game, Iíd be purchasing a console that just happens to come with a free game.

Edited by Wayne at 22:41:49 22-02-2021
  • dominalien 22 Feb 2021 22:50:28 10,307 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The poo next to my name from last year comes from me getting a PS5, so itís poo for you too if you get it is what I say.
  • Vortex808 22 Feb 2021 22:59:34 14,749 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks like wunty gave quite a lot of games a good go.

22 games played or completed out of 50. A reasonable effort.

I put it to Judge DuckBreaker that these efforts may be worthy for clemency for him.

In this instance...

Edited by Vortex808 at 23:00:40 22-02-2021
  • Nazo 22 Feb 2021 23:04:10 1,691 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finish Toejam & Earl and I reckon youíre good.
  • Wayne 22 Feb 2021 23:07:27 2,527 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    The poo next to my name from last year comes from me getting a PS5, so itís poo for you too if you get it is what I say.
    Thatís harsh. The rules say we have four slots for four games. No mention of hardware.
  • Steifybobbins 23 Feb 2021 07:59:27 772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd say Wunty gave the MD collection a fair crack. The lack of information until after the fact sets a dubious Precident however. I'd set them a fair challenge and uphold their status for now.

The thread is about getting value for money and enjoying your purchases after all and with the exception of Far Cry 5 it feels like that has been happening
  • Nazo 23 Feb 2021 08:03:15 1,691 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Thatís harsh. The rules say we have four slots for four games. No mention of hardware.
    The pig is a harsh mistress. Maybe if you ask the scalpers to delete Astro Bot before they send it to you might be ok.
  • wuntyate 23 Feb 2021 11:22:34 16,533 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Let me know what the consensus is, oh kind and forgiving people.

I mean, let's be honest, I'm not exactly going to lose any sleep over failing it (again) but at the same time I would actually like to do it this year and think that it will have a positive effect on my relationship with gaming if I can just get myself trained to show restraint. If one can see over this slight fudging of events then I do solemly swear to be a VERY good boy from here on in.
  • warlockuk 23 Feb 2021 11:24:06 19,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Interesting concept, but my backlog is in excess of 200 games, so I would be out on this immediately.
  • Wayne 23 Feb 2021 11:26:26 2,527 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @warlockuk You need to cull that backlog. Pick out twenty games that you realistically will be able to play and finish and resign the rest of them. Also, stop pishing money away on games you aren't going to play.
  • Phattso 23 Feb 2021 11:28:58 26,729 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's not really about clearing the backlog (although that's a potential side effect) it's more about not continuing to add to the backlog over and over and over and over. Love the games - they're to be properly played, not just collected on messed with for 20 minutes. :)
  • Red_Bool 23 Feb 2021 11:30:31 2,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Finish Toejam & Earl and I reckon youíre good.
    This sounds like a reasonable atonement.
  • warlockuk 23 Feb 2021 11:48:16 19,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    It's not really about clearing the backlog (although that's a potential side effect) it's more about not continuing to add to the backlog over and over and over and over. Love the games - they're to be properly played, not just collected on messed with for 20 minutes. :)
    I've literally bought Last of Us 2 since my last post, even though my PS4 hasn't been turned on except for updating the OS in three years. :D

That said, I have been somewhat better - I've taken to doing video reviews of stuff like Humble Bundles, and making sure I play all of them to work out what I think is shit and then I go back to actually finish the ones I like. Problem I have is I'm currently tending to work in my downtime instead of gaming or anything else.

Currently I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and need to actually complete Super Mario Odyssey. Everything else is ad hoc with me grabbing a bunch at a time to play through and flit between. Believe it or not I'm actually getting through that list - Baldur's Gate 2 is still on there, to my utter shame.
  • Phattso 23 Feb 2021 11:52:14 26,729 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Stop all the things and play BG2 immediately. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?! :-D
  • Red_Bool 23 Feb 2021 11:56:57 2,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Yeah I'm doing that as I go. Getting 2-3 green stars per level generally, and I'll no doubt go back and mop some more up once I finish. (I have played right through it on Wii U, and I think I at least got all stars and yellow flags, if possibly not all stamps.)
    I just had to check, so last night I fired up my Wii U: I actually got to Champions Road (crown world). Of course all muscle memory is long gone now, so when I tried it it was brutal (as in: I could not get past the second jump :D).
  • DuckBreaker 23 Feb 2021 13:11:17 243 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @wuntyate
    I am giving you a last minute reprieve as your completion rate for the MD games was more reasonable than your dodgy initial presentation suggested. Talk about digging yourself a hole to fall in!
    But my beady eye is watching you. If you listen carefully you might just hear a sinister , distant quacking...

Edited by DuckBreaker at 13:11:42 23-02-2021
  • DuckBreaker 23 Feb 2021 13:12:21 243 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Can I still join? I need help. I failed last year but lasted reasonably well and Iíve massively fallen off the wagon. If Iím allowed in Iíd like to add:

Skyrim (yeah, does this take up 2 slots??)
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Ace Combat 7
    Tekken 7 (complete story mode)
    No problemo. I'll add you at the next update.
  • DuckBreaker 23 Feb 2021 13:16:30 243 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Wayne wrote:
    Iíve a question.

Can I buy a PlayStation 5* if all my slots are filled?
    The plan would be to purchase it but not unbox it until I have a free slot (which would inevitably be taken up by AstroBot**)

*letís face it, the chances are slim

**itís a free game, so I wouldnít be purchasing a game, Iíd be purchasing a console that just happens to come with a free game.
    There was a rebellion in the ranks last year and I eventually let Astrobot slide, though it might have been too late for some. heh heh

In your case, if you are able to snap up a new PS5 at RRP, then no slot is needed until you start a new game on it. If you are paying some scalper top dollar, then you deserve a big pigwhip failure for such foolishness.
  • Nazo 23 Feb 2021 13:34:46 1,691 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who are you and what have you done with the real DuckBreaker?
  • warlockuk 23 Feb 2021 13:41:22 19,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Stop all the things and play BG2 immediately. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?! :-D
    :D :D

Or I will feel the righteous backhand of justice?

It's the curse of any game that feels like it needs a lot of time - I put it away for when I "have time" and that time becomes 20 years. Meanwhile absolute toss that you can dive in and out of gets 20-40 hours :/
  • hedben2013 23 Feb 2021 13:54:53 1,970 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a decent AssCreed sale on the Xbox dashboard this week. The devil on my left shoulder is saying I could get AC Odyssey, and chain Syndicate into Origins into Odyssey this year.

I probably won't do it. Probably.
  • Wayne 23 Feb 2021 14:04:48 2,527 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DuckBreaker I'd sooner fill my four slots with Anthem, Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077 (on base console) and Alien: Colonial Marines, than pay some schmuck scalper for a PS5.
  • wuntyate 23 Feb 2021 14:23:09 16,533 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    @wuntyate
    I am giving you a last minute reprieve as your completion rate for the MD games was more reasonable than your dodgy initial presentation suggested. Talk about digging yourself a hole to fall in!
    But my beady eye is watching you. If you listen carefully you might just hear a sinister , distant quacking...
    You are infinite in your mercy oh fowl one. I shall stick so closely to the rules from now on you'll think that I've been painted on to them.
  • crashVoodoo 23 Feb 2021 18:34:02 7,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I suggest getting all the fucking cunts that are part of the hidden club in oddysey like I had to. En-fuckin-joy wunty
    Sooo what did we decide on for wuntychops punishm... err challenge?

Or is he bowing out with a splurge?
    a-fuckin-hem!

i know joel is currently 'having it' but i did initially set the path to freedom for ole wuntius-maximus. i reckon it won't be long before he has to suck this up

Edited by crashVoodoo at 18:36:51 23-02-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.