Dyson Sphere Program Page 5

• crashVoodoo 9 Apr 2021 16:51:59 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Welcome to ... FORGEWORLD!

There is no surplus power now, in fact I'm running a 200mw shortfall so the batteries only charge intermittently. Luckily I have 10,000 in reserve to keep my going while this charging station is being moved offs-world to my polar hub. Going bigly!!

Edited by crashVoodoo at 16:56:52 09-04-2021
  • crashVoodoo 9 Apr 2021 18:10:51 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Battery charging facility. Charge pretty much instantly ... plenty of scope for growth :-)

Edited by crashVoodoo at 18:13:17 09-04-2021
  • neems 10 Apr 2021 09:29:30 5,392 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Holy Fuck!
  • crashVoodoo 12 Apr 2021 11:19:50 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago

Edited by crashVoodoo at 11:20:25 12-04-2021
  • crashVoodoo 14 Apr 2021 15:27:00 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Finally have green jellies as I desperately needed warpers to get out of my home system and pull in more iron. It's the first time I've really started looking at the other star systems.

Found one that literally has sulphuric acid as the ocean.
    I only had a couple of pumps on me at the time so I kick-started the logistics to ship it home.

Because I'd set up all my logistic stations to request warpers they were slowly propagating through my network. I just sat and waited and eventually the pumps were launched ... amazing!

I'm now just pumping it out in large globs and warping it back to my home. One entire branch of my tech tree just kicked into life.

A few more things to bring back online at a larger scale and then I'm going to push forward with rockets and sails.

It's nearly time!
  • crashVoodoo 16 Apr 2021 18:51:40 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    IT HAS BEGUN !!!!

Edited by crashVoodoo at 18:52:04 16-04-2021
  • Flying_Pig 16 Apr 2021 20:21:44 16,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    IT HAS BEGUN !!!!

I don't know exactly what's going on, but it looks fookin' awesome
  • neems 16 Apr 2021 20:51:27 5,392 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dude.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Apr 2021 21:54:07 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Flying_Pig the rockets are delivering frame parts to construct the dyson shell. at the moment i have only planned out the node points for a single center ring and one small section of frame.

giant rocket installation is like a crown on my planet

it's aliiiiive

Edited by crashVoodoo at 21:54:42 16-04-2021
  • crashVoodoo 17 Apr 2021 13:34:30 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    so pretty

shot from my science moon

Edited by crashVoodoo at 14:29:12 17-04-2021
  • Lukree 19 Apr 2021 13:58:02 583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Any tips how to make the last tech cubes? White matrix with antimatter.

I don't quite understand any of the Dyson sphere stuff to optimize my production.
  • crashVoodoo 20 Apr 2021 23:18:09 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Lukree Not sure how far along the process you are but...

You need to start the Dyson Sphere or just the swarm to pull down rays in the receiver.

Feed graviton lenses into the receivers and switch it over to photon generation to output photons. Fun fact, having just the lenses in during power gen is a handy multiplier for a large jump in power

Take the photons and create antimatter.

Now you have antimatter, feed that plus all the previous jellies into the labs and switch them over to white jelly creation. NOTE, if you're switching your existing labs over make sure you've completed all other research first. Now you're creating white jellies

Take the whites and fees them into new labs that consume them to do white research.

With regards to the ratios you'll struggle to maintain anything unless you're laying down large farms of receivers because the photons trickle in.

I'll upload a screenshot of my chain next time I go on it

Edit: screenshot
    white jellies

5 towers on left with items for each colour jelly created in labs.
    Jellies exit and into b holding towers that spread each colour out across all 5 towers (10k in each)
    Then the jellies make their way to the white labs with antimatter coming from the small local tower.
    White jellies are thrown out and into that small local holding tower and out onto the loop.

shot near the white jellies

Edited by crashVoodoo at 03:44:10 21-04-2021

Edited by crashVoodoo at 08:25:04 21-04-2021
  • Flying_Pig 20 Apr 2021 23:41:19 16,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hit 50 hours on this earlier 0_0

I've not put this much time into a game in ages, and while I've researched how to make green cubes, I'm focussed on optimising my manufacturing, clustering everything on a spare planet :)
  • crashVoodoo 21 Apr 2021 00:03:19 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Flying_Pig have you converted some green jellies to warpers and been for a .... ride?
  • crashVoodoo 21 Apr 2021 00:11:34 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    On a side note, this is 10% off at the moment. Definately my game of the year, nothing is going to come close to this for me.
  • Flying_Pig 21 Apr 2021 07:36:36 16,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    @Flying_Pig have you converted some green jellies to warpers and been for a .... ride?
    No...? I will investigate :)
  • crashVoodoo 21 Apr 2021 08:27:32 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    No...? I will investigate :)
    Please make sure you have 2 in your mecha as you consume one for each trip. Additionally, stick in the biggest source of power you have (recommend any of the fuel rods) otherwise you could be just be sailing waiting to charge back up.
  • Lukree 21 Apr 2021 09:09:11 583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Thanks for the tips!

I am generating antimatter but soooo slowly as the photons trickle in so slowly. Can you generate them faster when just having more receivers? Or do I need to up the swarm amount as well??

My farming labs are hideous compared to yours! :D
  • Lukree 21 Apr 2021 09:09:29 583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Awesome game anyway!
  • crashVoodoo 21 Apr 2021 12:32:19 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Lukree if i understand it correctly, the more power in your sphere/swarm the faster they generate

NOTE: if you're relying on the ray receivers for power be aware that photon generation stops all power gen. i had to halt photon gen because the power gen dropped off and effectively halted my battery charging facility.

i now have artificial stars powered by antimatter. 75MW of raw power with a stupidly slow burn rate. i'm going burn off the rest of my deuteron rods and start replace all my fusion reactors with stars
  • crashVoodoo 23 Apr 2021 15:19:42 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Soooo I've mapped a pattern for just the central 2 sections of my Dyson shell. It's going to require 62 thousand rockets for this bit alone. SIXTY. TWO. THOUSAND!

Also, science!

That's going to take a while to smash out the later upgrades. Some of the key upgrades repeat with a higher requirement. The additional drones upgrade, once you have the last one that cost like 4k white cubes the next is 8k and the one after that is 18k...so 18k of each colour plus antimatter to create 18k whites and then you have to throw those through the lab. There's about 4 upgrades after that as well for mecha fuel, logistics, mining, research speed and on and on ........

I did think research was a bit easy but not anymore. Munching through white jellies has my entire production chain in motion with drones (oh the drones) like buzzing flies 😂

Edited by crashVoodoo at 15:21:20 23-04-2021
  • Lukree 24 Apr 2021 11:06:51 583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Aaaand my first game is done with some 40h in! Last white tech done.

It was quite slow "mining" the photons but it finally did it.

Also tested warping to next system for the first time and almost got stranded between the stars as mech energy run out and the mech was recharging so slowly. When coming back, I went past my home system with warp speed and it was painful to turn back. Hopefully they'll introduce some sort of autonavigation system in the future.

And actually that is my very only criticism for the game! I don't recall ever playing so complete early access game. Didn't encounter a single bug - it's very feature complete for now and looks absolutely stunning. I'm waiting keenly what features and/or addons they are going to introduce in the future - the game is ripe for any addons. More tech possibilities, other races (hostile or trade ones) etc.

PS: Ok, got one other nag for the game - laying the conveyor belts around is a pain every now and then. It gets easier when you get used to it, though. Using the shift key was my key discovery to make it easier.
  • crashVoodoo 24 Apr 2021 16:20:08 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Lukree nice! Are you able to post a pic of your entire sphere ?

I went max radius so is feckin huge o_0
  • Lukree 25 Apr 2021 00:15:08 583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @crashVoodoo I suppose I didnít even build the actual sphere - just the sun sails!
  • crashVoodoo 26 Apr 2021 14:58:56 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Lukree whaaaaa?

The aim is build the Dyson Sphere to provide power and computation to maintain homeworld.

Do you not like homeworld?

Why have you abandoned us?
  • Flying_Pig 26 Apr 2021 15:02:39 16,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    This game is such a wonderful time sink. I'm still refining my manufacturing so I can start to make some of the more advanced buildings - I've not got to green cubes or warpers yet!

However, it's a but of an endless cycle - I set up the manufacturing line for something (say titanium alloy) and get it all working, but realise that there's an issue as I'm not producing enough sulphuric acid, so I add a bunch more chemical plants to that line, but then see that I've not harvesting enough water etc etc etc.

I really do spend hours tinkering and tweaking. I've nearly completely dismantled my original starting set up and have replaced it with a much more efficient and scalable alternative.

I'm also drowning in hydrogen, but am working on a duterium line which should help.
  • Lukree 26 Apr 2021 15:51:07 583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @crashVoodoo I have to start a brave new world in some point which is not such a spaghetti western as the first one. Make it a bit more organized next time!
  • Lukree 26 Apr 2021 15:52:25 583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Flying_Pig self induced problems ARE the game!

I also started to drown in hydrogen. What is the easiest way to get rid of it?
  • crashVoodoo 26 Apr 2021 15:52:53 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I'm also drowning in hydrogen, but am working on a duterium line which should help.
    It's a beautiful timesink, so much I haven't thought about abandoning it for something else. I always find something else to improve and refine.

With regards to hydrogen, just tank it up for now as you're going to need an absolute shit-ton of it later. Some of the recipies require 10-12 per item.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Apr 2021 15:53:38 7,169 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    It's a beautiful timesink, so much I haven't thought about abandoning it for something else. I always find something else to improve and refine.

With regards to hydrogen, just tank it up for now as you're going to need an absolute shit-ton of it later. Some of the recipies require 10-12 per item.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.