Outriders, Matchmaking, co-op thread Page 7

• Mark1412 6 Apr 2021 18:14:03 2,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hard to see what there is to send anyone to either extreme. Guess it's pretty repetitive and the world's a bit shit. But it's completely okay, reasonably fun, nothing-else-to-play filler that nobody will remember. Exactly the kind of game that's perfect for game pass. It's an absolute relic though. That volcano spider boss took me back a couple of decades.
  • CannonAnBall 6 Apr 2021 21:17:54 768 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If you want to slap some enemies silly, I suggest equipping an assault rifle (Iím using a Corr-09 ULT-2 ďRed WidowĒ) and get the following mods; Iím level 29:

Death Chains: shots entangle an enemy with chains dealing 12,992 damage over 3 seconds.

Storm Whip: Shots bring down lightening on an enemy dealing 4,980 damage

Throw in Volcanic Rounds and itís so much fun :D
  • dfunked09 6 Apr 2021 22:15:50 2,265 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @CannonAnBall
    Yeah, death chains II and storm whip III are ridiculous fun on an LMG.

Currently enjoying twisted rounds with refill clip if you kill under x% mag full, and refill 50% if you kill an enemy with bleed active mods. Bone Shrapnel says hello! Pretty much always full ammo and TR always up as long as you remember to kill a trash mob now and again.

Edited by dfunked09 at 22:16:20 06-04-2021
  • Derblington 6 Apr 2021 22:30:02 35,099 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iím not sure whatís happened but since killing the spider the game has become hard as nails, all the while Iím supposedly getting stronger and the world tier isnít changing.
    I was lvl 11 and mid-WT6 when I took on the boss. Iím now lvl 13, higher stats, armour and firepower across the board, now low WT6 and Iím dying every 5 minutes. Literally every encounter is killing me - itís like the WT has continued climbing despite showing me that itís not.
  • neems 6 Apr 2021 22:35:54 5,611 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are you doing a lot of side-quests? Some of them are much harder than the main story.
  • Derblington 6 Apr 2021 22:42:36 35,099 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iíve been doing all of them but Iím on the main story now and Iíve died maybe 7 times in a row. The WT isnít moving, itís just under 1/4 through WT6 and wonít seem to go up or down (noticeably at least). Iím now lvl 14 and I just canít get through it.

Edited by Derblington at 22:43:04 06-04-2021
  • CannonAnBall 6 Apr 2021 22:50:37 768 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If youíre struggling, have a look at the weapons youíve been using and try and level them up. At level 29, Iím able to level up my assault rifle to level 36! It makes all the difference.
  • dfunked09 6 Apr 2021 22:59:41 2,265 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just keep it on a WT that you can play comfortably at until you hit max level. It's really not worth worrying about that until you get to the end of the game and hit max level (which should both happen at similar times)

There's really no benefit to playing at high WT while levelling. People need to start treating it like Diablo 3, except power levelling isn't a thing so you might as well just get to max level easily and then worry about going up through difficulty tiers.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Apr 2021 23:04:45 24,973 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, this game is very much Diablo as its influence if it was isometric it would be kind of the same game.
  • nickthegun 6 Apr 2021 23:08:30 87,514 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Youíve just got to ride it out. Youíre probably at the stage where enemies are 3(?) levels above you, captains and enhanced are fairly regular mobs but the game is still dropping shit tier gear.

As soon as purples start to drop and you have collected a big enough perk library from deconstructing weapons to actually have a stab at a build, the game gets a lot easier. The damage jump from a blue to a purple weapon of the same level, for example, is absolutely massive.

Edited by nickthegun at 23:10:06 06-04-2021
  • nickthegun 6 Apr 2021 23:14:22 87,514 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    And I dunno if it was just me but on the way up, because weapon drops and enemies are higher than your level, weapons massively outperform magic, so twisted ammo has basically carried me through the game.
  • Derblington 6 Apr 2021 23:17:04 35,099 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, I am progressing, itís just become much more frustrating. Mostly because the game is putting me into the situations, so you think it would be a bit more gradual.
  • neems 7 Apr 2021 00:15:57 5,611 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @nickthegun

That makes sense, probably explains why my set-up doesn't have any damage dealing skills. I have the time bubble and the up in the air ability (time rift? Whatever it's called, it's amazing) alongside the ammo.
  • Derblington 7 Apr 2021 00:19:09 35,099 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    2 things that bug the fuck out of me in this, both heavily related.

Enemies block your roll, so if you get rushed youíre basically fucked because you canít escape.
    Hip-fire is complete shite. Like, almost totally useless. At least in Gears itís viable at close range but they want you to be ADS constantly here which, again, totally fucks you if you get rushed.

Unfortunately one of my abilities jumps up and slams forward into the enemies, but anyone left standing nearby just has to step into me and Iím suddenly immobile.
  • gamecat 7 Apr 2021 00:25:39 1,225 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Theres a mod for turning your roll to a dash that lets you pass through stuff, but yea annoying as hell if you're not using it and get jammed in a corner or something.
  • neems 7 Apr 2021 00:27:29 5,611 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There is a mod that will help with that (phantom dash) but obviously you have to get hold of it first. If you have the hellfire pack you akready have boots with it but you'll have to upgrade them as they can't be disassembled.

Worth checking your stash, I didn't preorder and still had it - found it too late though. Of course I can use it with a different character.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Apr 2021 00:28:16 33,945 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, that dash mod is great.
  • THFourteen 7 Apr 2021 06:08:42 54,906 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I always try and save an AOE skill for when I get rushed. Gravity leap is great for that.

Also Iíve got various healing things going on now especially a shotgun that heals 115 every kill.
  • nickthegun 7 Apr 2021 08:18:24 87,514 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    This is what I mean about starting to get epics. Iíve got a shotgun that heals and a tier 2 armour mod that gives you a massive firepower, armour and anomaly power boost when you heal so you *can* start to leeeroy jenkins if you want.

One shotgun kill and you can almost one shot normal grunts for 8 seconds. Rinse and repeat. Also works on life leach so you can do it with a rifle. Pop twisted ammo with a two clip bonus, life leach and rejuvenation and youíre pretty set.

The T2 mods really open the game up.
  • Theshape80 7 Apr 2021 08:33:50 491 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Went from level 14 - 22 all on WT 7. Just on the verge of WT 8 and bam boss fight. The difference with this one is you canít go back to camp! Itís boss fight or nothing. Took me all the way to the start of WT7. Itís the first time Iíve had to lower the tier to get past a section. Getting lots of epics now and only just realised that when u swap a mod the second one locks! My build could be even stronger had I realised this! Just been swapping mods to suit my skills. A lot of the secondary mods are more suited to co op.
  • [maven] 7 Apr 2021 09:02:23 5,796 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    RE: Difficulty & World Tiers

Leveling up levels up the mobs with you. So you need to improve your gear / get more powerful to keep pace with the mobs.

In *addition* to that there's the WT level which further adjust the level and gear difference.

FWIW, I leveled on the highest WT up to ~10, but then pulled it back to ~8 (as I was hanging on to gear longer due to mods and even on 8 some bosses took a large amount of shooting).

(I did finish unlocking WT15; it wasn't too bad once you push into optimizing your gear and mods to get into the "multiplicative part" of doing damage)
  • dfunked09 7 Apr 2021 09:16:50 2,265 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Theshape80
    Yeah, find gear with a solid TII mod and swap out the T1 one is what I usually do. Frees you up for trying different builds a bit more as TI mods are buffs to specific skills so you don't want to lock that slot.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Apr 2021 10:39:25 26,827 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Tier 2/3 for the win...I'm level 17 and having a ball. @allaboutthestoryonrunthrough1.
    Oh Yeah!
  • Phattso 7 Apr 2021 10:56:35 27,316 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've done the volcano bit, so I'm now L12 WT6. Not seeing too many earth shaking mods, and haven't seen anything higher than a blue drop yet, despite being max WT for most of the time.

COME ON, GAME! WHERE ARE MY EPIC LOOTZ?!

Edited by Phattso at 10:56:48 07-04-2021
  • nickthegun 7 Apr 2021 10:56:55 87,514 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh, not exactly a top tip but.. one thing I noticed thanks to the absolutely bullshit way fast travel is handled is that you can mop up side quests and the reward is *not* pegged to your current level. So you can bank a load of bounties, history items and hunts and claim the reward when you feel like your gear needs a boost.

I had been doing all the sidequests in an area and waiting to turn them in because having to fast travel to fast travel is the dumbest thing in gaming.
  • Phattso 7 Apr 2021 10:58:52 27,316 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I haven't been back to the main city base since I left it in the Mastery Wagon, so no doubt I'll be able to kerching! all those hand-ins later on. Nice.
  • THFourteen 7 Apr 2021 11:00:34 54,906 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Level 4 is the right level for me it feels so far. Normal enemies are easy enough, and larger ones can take a few goes to finally get past, but i do get a feeling of achievement from it.

I have 1 epic which is now pretty rubbish but has a couple of really good mods on it (freezes people). No other epics or legendaries have dropped so far.

Currently using Gravity Leap and Golem as my main skills and experimenting with Impale after ditching earthquake for a bit. I did have a mod which gives me +1 earthquake which is really cool. need to find a +1 gravity leap its by f ar my favourite skill.
  • nickthegun 7 Apr 2021 11:01:32 87,514 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Check the available quests tab. The home base has a handful of fairly quick and easy side quests you can bash through. One unlocks a new vendor.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Apr 2021 11:03:12 24,973 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I haven't enjoyed that aspect.
  • nickthegun 7 Apr 2021 11:06:52 87,514 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Im no expert, so take this with a pinch of salt but it seems like at level 10-20 the powers are weak enough that you should commit your blue mods to just one to power it up rather than spreading your slots thinly.

For example, at about level 13 I went with the twisted bullets, double clip, 30% extra crit damage while skill is active and 15% extra base firepower damage and just started melting people.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.