Outriders, Matchmaking, co-op thread Page 8

• Phattso 7 Apr 2021 11:11:44 27,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Check the available quests tab. The home base has a handful of fairly quick and easy side quests you can bash through. One unlocks a new vendor.
    Yeah I think I did all of them - got another vendor and the Historian. I'll check again though, just in case.
  • Phattso 7 Apr 2021 11:12:04 27,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    (and, actually, I'd bet I could just buy an epic from the vendor now I think about it)
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Apr 2021 11:50:32 26,586 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    in because having to fast travel to fast travel is the dumbest thing in gaming.
    Agreed. Also after spending a good few hours with the game it totally reminds me of Greedfall, anyone else?
  • Phattso 7 Apr 2021 12:12:16 27,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I wonder how god awful the "fast" travel is on XB1 and PS4 base machines? Jeeeez...
  • Derblington 7 Apr 2021 12:51:15 34,780 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I've done the volcano bit, so I'm now L12 WT6. Not seeing too many earth shaking mods, and haven't seen anything higher than a blue drop yet, despite being max WT for most of the time.

COME ON, GAME! WHERE ARE MY EPIC LOOTZ?!
    My first purple dropped after finishing the next location, but I've picked up stronger blues again since then.
  • oldskooldeano 7 Apr 2021 13:22:24 3,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    If anyone is interested in doing expeditions me and MattyB2007 could do with a third.
    Currently doing CT 8-10. On Xbox. Yes I know there is cross play but itís kinda buggy so Xbox ecosystem please.
    Hit me up for evening time loot drops!
  • cov 7 Apr 2021 13:26:54 2,494 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Watch out there is a bug atm where people are losing gear and mods when joining a session
  • oldskooldeano 7 Apr 2021 13:29:34 3,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yeah never seen it. Me and Revenge have pretty much played as a duo all the way through. I have nearly two days of co op playtime registered and besides the regular Ďbooted to dashí Iíve not seen a major bug like that.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Apr 2021 13:45:04 23,585 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Until now...
  • oldskooldeano 7 Apr 2021 14:07:26 3,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Maybes. I wonder if it is related to matchmaking rather than an assembled party of friends? Often bugs are overstated on the internet as well. Iím sure it does happen but to what extent I donít know.
  • neems 7 Apr 2021 15:11:02 5,292 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Guaranteed legendary first time you fight the, uh, thingy. Big fella, beyond the quarry. I think.

What a shit comment, sorry.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Apr 2021 15:13:29 23,585 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ban please.
  • neems 7 Apr 2021 15:16:27 5,292 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fun fact, if you don't mind a bit of grinding try a repeatable side quest in Stronghold called 'The Other Ingredient '. I was running it to farm titanium but also ended up with a dozen epics and a new world tier. You don't have to log out and back in, or let a mob kill you or any weird shit. Just play the quest, hand it in, talk to them again and you can replay it.

Edited by neems at 15:20:42 07-04-2021
  • nickthegun 7 Apr 2021 15:33:01 86,026 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heh, just watched a review video that said that, as the game is at the moment, if you are planning on doing endgame content and are a devastator class, respec.

The game has a heavy DPS focus anyway but without an enhanced bullet skill devastator builds just cant kill things fast enough to complete the challenges. I mean, its early days so this is quite a bold claim, but thats pretty shit if true.
  • gman7714 7 Apr 2021 15:41:18 515 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sounds like everyone is having a blast with this.
    Anyone playing on PS5? Does it run ok on PS5. Found it for £46.85 at Base and quite tempted. Shame it's not on PC Game Pass tbh
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Apr 2021 15:45:29 33,710 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Unless the end game changes things up drastically, I think you'd get by without bullet skills. I'm lvl 28 at WT9 and haven't used the trickster bullet skill since I unlocked Borrowed Time.
  • nickthegun 7 Apr 2021 15:46:54 86,026 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    What skills are you using? I cant imagine a loadout that wouldnt include it.
  • dfunked09 7 Apr 2021 15:48:09 1,901 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @neems
    Beast hunt farming is ridiculously quick and easy to do, but yeah, a little shady...

I've been going with spinewretch in the ancient ruins. Just kill the first annoying flying thing (Strix?), kill the boss and then kill the last two flying things and die and you get anywhere from 2-4 epics and 20-30 titanium on WT10 (plus whatever titanium you get from dismantling)
    Takes much less than a minute for a run when you get it down.

Working through WT at the moment and just playing repeatable beast hunts because you get a guaranteed legendary when you hand them all in (plus 20+ epics from drops and 10 from rewards)

Edited by dfunked09 at 15:49:24 07-04-2021
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Apr 2021 15:54:00 33,710 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    What skills are you using? I cant imagine a loadout that wouldnt include it.
    Borrowed Time, Hunt The Prey and Slow Trap.

I've got gear that gives Borrowed Time about 1 minute of life, so pop that somewhere safe, warp into the middle of everyone with Hunt the Prey, go hog wild with an auto shotgun, pop Slow Trap if things get a bit hairy and then blink back to my start point before Borrowed Time runs out.
  • nickthegun 7 Apr 2021 16:02:18 86,026 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hmmm... I think, like most games like this its going to end up being a choice between fun and DPS. Like I said a few pages ago, I wasnt progressing through the WTs because I was trying to have fun doing it, but I re-specced all of my points into the top skill tree and focussed my build around twisted ammo and I started killing things literally twice as fast.

Its not as fun but its a shitload more effective. What you describe is cool but you havent got any damage skills so things are going to take a lot longer to take down.

I think a lot of the end game stuff revolves around killing stuff as fast as possible and sprinting through levels, which would be tough with that build.
  • cov 7 Apr 2021 16:02:31 2,494 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Never used bullet skills for my trickster generally - swap twisted in for blink for the big monsters on hunts only.

My mains are blade, time bubble and blink or whatever they are called :D

Oh swap in spinny blade thing for areas with lots of little monsters instead of blink
  • cov 7 Apr 2021 16:03:24 2,494 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Lvl 26 wt11 so fairly deep in
  • Phattso 7 Apr 2021 17:04:42 27,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Got an epic! \o/

An auto rifle that has two mods, one of which is the lightning strike mod. Huzzah!

Loving this game. I know there's an aspect of old-gen throwback here, but it feels entirely intentional and I'm actually loving it. The gunplay in a game hasn't grabbed me this quickly since Destiny, and the way things are mixed up by the skills is excellent.

Clearly I'm internally adding giddy points for getting it on GamePass rather than handing over fifty sheets, but even so: love this game.

Edited by Phattso at 17:04:56 07-04-2021
  • JamboWayOh 7 Apr 2021 17:31:25 23,585 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had an EXTREMELY bizarre difficulty spike when trying to clear the swamp to go to the quarry. Fuck me, some ridiculous spawning and a terrible new enemy the dragonfly that has a ranged attack and an close attack with insane range and a massive broodmother. Didn't enjoy that at all. Especially when you constantly get stuck on scenery.
  • [maven] 7 Apr 2021 17:44:29 5,743 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    gman7714 wrote:
    Sounds like everyone is having a blast with this.
    Anyone playing on PS5? Does it run ok on PS5. Found it for £46.85 at Base and quite tempted. Shame it's not on PC Game Pass tbh
    Yep, I did actually pay money for this. It runs fine on PS5 (60fps).
  • dfunked09 7 Apr 2021 18:37:57 1,901 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Weird... Just played an expo with randoms, collected loot at the end and went back to camp and into the menu to dismantle blues and the game crashed. Loaded back in and the bulwark legendary dropped for me in camp.

Do you get legendaries for going up CT or something? (which just happened)

Also nearly shat myself at the beginning of the expo when my character loaded in without any gear on.
  • Sharz 7 Apr 2021 19:10:56 2,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Enjoying this so much on the One X tempted to buy it on PC or buy a Series X even.

Game is good fun just a bit unstable at times on the One X.

Lvl21 and just finishing up the forest area (I think). Looking forward to giving the multiplayer a go when the main story is done. Guess a few of you are the same and we should all mostly be starting end game at the same time.

Been sticking to WT4 as seems the right balance to enjoy the story and only hit thr odd road block. WT5 is ok but every so often slow right down so figure work up the Tiers once story is done.

Edited by Sharz at 19:13:30 07-04-2021
  • neems 7 Apr 2021 19:47:45 5,292 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @dfunked09

Less than a minute sounds... useful, but I just don't like the whole letting them kill me thing. I guess if I'm at the start of a new world tier. I'll take a look anyway, ta.
  • Derblington 7 Apr 2021 22:34:58 34,780 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Hmmm... I think, like most games like this its going to end up being a choice between fun and DPS. Like I said a few pages ago, I wasnt progressing through the WTs because I was trying to have fun doing it, but I re-specced all of my points into the top skill tree and focussed my build around twisted ammo and I started killing things literally twice as fast.
    I did this today and the wall that Iíd hit for 3 levels has vanished. Iím eviscerating everything in my path agin, and sailing through WT6 again. Not the twisted ammo as Iím playing devastator but Iím now focused on damage with a power heal in the form of Gravity Leap and itís a breeze.
  • [maven] 7 Apr 2021 22:53:16 5,743 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    With my Trickster (which is all I really know), it really is a fine balancing act of "if I stop killing I'll die" at a very high pace. If I go more defensive I struggle more as I cannot delete mobs quickly enough.

Auto shotty to the face deletes those pesky Captains quick though. I've unlocked CT11 but (at least solo) run mostly CT9, for anything else I feel a bit squishy. Gear is unlocked up to 46 (and seems to go up a lot in armor & stats).

Edited by [maven] at 22:53:32 07-04-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.