Outriders, Matchmaking, co-op thread Page 9

• ThrowingTuba 8 Apr 2021 01:12:57 257 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What a funny game this is. Played the demo and skipped every cutscene but quite enjoyed the shooting. Had no intention of picking it up but as it was on GP thought Iíd give it another go.

Now Iím going to bed at gone 1am on a school night and am totally hooked. The voice acting is woeful, the plot nonsense and the graphics are occasionally very ropey, but itís certainly got something that works.

The constant drops and quick cool downs on the powers are key I think. That and being in on the Ďground floorí as other games of this ilk (Destiny, Division) are now quite impenetrable.
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2021 01:37:08 34,780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The power fantasy is the hook. Itís just ludicrous fun deleting everything in your path.

I think itís excellent, as much as a 7/10 game can be, but the individual part quality doesnít really matter when the sum is just really moreish.
    Destiny may be a overall better game but it could do with having a bit more of Outridersí secret sauce.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Apr 2021 07:27:36 17,428 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The best guy for division builds is showing everyone was wrong about the devastator being shit.

https://youtu.be/rXk2jDZz_zk
  • THFourteen 8 Apr 2021 09:31:38 54,352 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Does anyone else on Xbox Series S have to restart the game every time the console goes to sleep?

its only mildly annoying, although it would be less so if the intro bit was skippable.

Quick resume my ASS

Edited by THFourteen at 09:31:48 08-04-2021
  • JamboWayOh 8 Apr 2021 09:35:29 23,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I assume because the game is online, isn't that normal for any online game?
  • dfunked09 8 Apr 2021 09:37:17 1,901 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    SX kicks me back to the press A to log in screen, and occasionally kicks me back to the copyright info screen, so only really saves a few seconds from that annoying unskippable video.

This and Destiny 2 are pretty much a complete waste of quick resume I find. Would be nice if you could choose to turn it off for certain games so that they don't waste a slot that another game could make better use of.
  • nickthegun 8 Apr 2021 09:46:41 86,026 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Does anyone else on Xbox Series S have to restart the game every time the console goes to sleep?

its only mildly annoying, although it would be less so if the intro bit was skippable.

Quick resume my ASS
    No, but I have had a few crashes to menu and the unskippable nonsense at the start is genuinely unacceptable.

And if you are going to make everyone sign in fresh to every session (and it take so long to do so) change the fucking music.
  • neems 8 Apr 2021 10:14:44 5,293 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    "Starting game in ten seconds..."

You can start it now if you like.
  • THFourteen 8 Apr 2021 10:16:53 54,352 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I assume because the game is online, isn't that normal for any online game?
    No i get that it makes me log in again thatís fine, but each time it force closes the game after it signs in, and I have to restart.
  • Vortex808 8 Apr 2021 10:23:10 15,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are the cutscenes really glitchy, or is it designed this way?

I seem to feel I keep missing cutscenes which is hilarious. It'll keep playing for a bit after you beat the thing, then suddenly lurch into a cutscene that never really plays properly.

It's happened a few times, but the most jarring was against Moloch.

I whittled down the bar, beat them, then something weird starts happening with the back thing, then next thing you know it's some weird cutscene inferring you got buried or some shit. Surely that should be seen bit more than that a random cut?

I'm not all *that* fussed, since it's no worse than having to witness the utter bollocks of the story, or endure more of the unbelievably shite dialogue between people which is worse than my son would write when trying to be edgy.

And yet, I kind of enjoy it... enough to keep playing at any rate.
  • Mark1412 8 Apr 2021 10:27:47 2,077 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I skip the cutscenes because they're so cringe. Trouble I'm having at level 15 is I don't feel like I've had a combat encounter much different to the first one, except the odd few with the one type of melee enemy I've found (and some awful bosses). Hoping they find a way to shake it up a bit. Division had the same problem, but that had an interesting world and a bit more meat on the bones to make up for it. It is fun in short bursts, but feel like I'm playing a combat encounter template on repeat in different variations of old video game levels (snow, forest, fire world).
  • neems 8 Apr 2021 10:28:51 5,293 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Do I need to lay off the crack again, or have EG not reviewed this?
  • nickthegun 8 Apr 2021 10:29:15 86,026 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think they are just really badly implemented. Like Deus Ex Boss Fights, that part of the game was farmed out to people who have never played a game before. It makes things exciting, though. You never know when a sudden fade to black will be a cutscene, getting booted out of the game or a crash to desktop.
  • nickthegun 8 Apr 2021 10:30:47 86,026 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    And some of the cut scenes are so stupid. The russian roulette one really made me laugh. Its so fucking pointless and dumb.

And, god, the models are ugly. The hooker in trench town(?) you can have a conversation with looks like a melted candle.
  • Vortex808 8 Apr 2021 10:32:07 15,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    t makes things exciting, though. You never know when a sudden fade to black will be a cutscene, getting booted out of the game or a crash to desktop.
    :-D

This is true.

And yes, the 'game' one was pish, really failed to see the point.

Maybe to remind you you're immortal, despite the fact you keep dying in game and going back a checkpoint rather than just getting back up a second later like in that scene?

:-)

Edited by Vortex808 at 10:34:57 08-04-2021
  • Vortex808 8 Apr 2021 10:35:32 15,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tbh, it's just as well it's on gamepass, or i'd be well annoyed if I'd paid for it.
  • Vortex808 8 Apr 2021 10:36:17 15,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bulletstorm was better made than this, so fuck knows why it's so bad.
  • nickthegun 8 Apr 2021 10:36:26 86,026 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, I think youre right. All the cut scenes around that were definitely trying to show a power escalation. It would be quite funny if just once they killed you and just stood there drilling you with bullets, though.
  • JamboWayOh 8 Apr 2021 10:40:34 23,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    And some of the cut scenes are so stupid. The russian roulette one really made me laugh. Its so fucking pointless and dumb.

And, god, the models are ugly. The hooker in trench town(?) you can have a conversation with looks like a melted candle.
    They really, really, really are. Isn't this supposed to be UE4 because it really looks like ass.
  • JamboWayOh 8 Apr 2021 10:41:03 23,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neems wrote:
    Do I need to lay off the crack again, or have EG not reviewed this?
    Tbh, I haven't seen a proper review at for this game.
  • Phattso 8 Apr 2021 10:44:27 27,020 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You lot with the crashing, is Series S the common denominator? Iíve had no trouble so far on the Series X. Wonder if itís a janky ďportĒ causing issues?
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2021 10:45:53 34,780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    No issues on PS5 either.
  • JamboWayOh 8 Apr 2021 10:46:30 23,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    You lot with the crashing, is Series S the common denominator? Iíve had no trouble so far on the Series X. Wonder if itís a janky ďportĒ causing issues?
    I've had no crashes at all on series S.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Apr 2021 11:01:30 26,586 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    First Legendary (got at lvl 17, tier 3) :) a sniper rifle, not great for my Pyromancer but still
  • oldskooldeano 8 Apr 2021 11:02:26 3,390 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Phattso Yesterday and today I have been crashing back to the dash after about 10 minutes. This is on XSX. Itís actually becoming a huge problem for me and this game. Started about 8pm yesterday and is still happening after a cache clear.
  • nickthegun 8 Apr 2021 11:05:36 86,026 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    First Legendary (got at lvl 17, tier 3) :) a sniper rifle, not great for my Pyromancer but still
    Still better than my first one. A fucking pistol.

Its special skill is that on reload it inflicts 3x your damage on an opponent already shot by it which is to say 3x fuck all.
  • anephric 8 Apr 2021 11:20:57 4,955 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm still rocking an OG XBOne, and this has crashed four or five times on me.
  • paulboy81 8 Apr 2021 12:10:18 449 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No crashes here on Series X or Series S, at least when playing by myself.

In a party I've noticed a specific bug/crash whilst playing with mates. If the host disconnects or just decides to leave it boots the other two party members back to dash and crashes their game.
  • neems 8 Apr 2021 12:22:02 5,293 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @nickthegun

Presumably that's a mod you can put on something else though?
  • nickthegun 8 Apr 2021 12:49:34 86,026 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh yeah, it was just a really disappointing drop. You see some of these really cool looking assault rifles carrying people through the tiers and I get a pair of glowing pistols that Iím never going to use.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.