Outriders, Matchmaking, co-op thread Page 11

• cov 9 Apr 2021 10:02:24 2,507 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yup had the odd one like this (shepherds and the occassional hunt) there is usually a way they are a bit like a puzzle and had to go back to camp to do a specific build (pain in ass let me remod)

Also they tend to be linked to very high end drops i noticed too - just did the side quest for channa for old tech which was tough but had an epic yay
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2021 10:19:29 86,358 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I havent found bosses that hard at all. Their attacks are usually well telegraphed and you can usually outrun them. It helps that the trickster is pretty mobile, so when you first encounter moloch for example, I could teleport behind him every time he tried to do that OHK hadoken.

The thing I have really struggled with are the bounties. Because my character is glass cannony, the sheer amount of high level enemies, snipers and buffs the target gives its allies will easily take me half a world tier to clear.

Edited by nickthegun at 10:19:51 09-04-2021
  • dfunked09 9 Apr 2021 10:30:14 1,991 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Shamen Warlord fights were among the nastiest difficulty spikes in the game for me. They're just ridiculously annoying enemies!

Pretty much any encounter with snipers in is a colossal pain in the arse.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2021 10:42:00 86,358 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I try to take them out first. Its not always possible but the teleport that puts you behind them is a godsend for picking them off.
  • cov 9 Apr 2021 10:52:49 2,507 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Its when the snipers are way back and nipping through the lines triggers additonal adds makes them hard as a trickster sometimes. Plus here a few maps where they are cleverly positioned that you cant get to them without clearing areas first.

The story bosses are all fine its some of the side quest bosses that are a pain on higher WT (10+) but they are fun puzzles.

On my last hunt (desert one) and the amount of captain equivalents and adds is insane before you even get to the boss
  • cov 9 Apr 2021 10:56:07 2,507 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Had five of those big bird dive bomby things and at the same times waves of those frog crossed with bison spouting fire, 10 at a time in the opening area before boss lair. That hunt alone filled quarter of wt11 bar lol
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Apr 2021 11:00:12 33,757 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    cov wrote:
    Its when the snipers are way back and nipping through the lines triggers additonal adds makes them hard as a trickster sometimes. Plus here a few maps where they are cleverly positioned that you cant get to them without clearing areas first.
    That's where borrowed time is really useful. You can trigger that in safety, charge in and warp behind distant snipers and take them out, then when the horde of additional adds pop in just warp back to your start point and giggle maniacally.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2021 11:06:06 86,358 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah. Thereís one bounty I did yesterday where the sniper has a view of the whole stage and as soon as you get near it, it triggers a gigantic mob including the target.

Iíd gone up a WT on the way there so didnít have a chance to gear up, but they were all now a level higher. Fuck that.
  • cov 9 Apr 2021 11:36:03 2,507 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yup there is a couple like that

I am too stupid to use borrowed time i get instantly confused or forget i have it lol
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2021 11:45:22 86,358 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Similarly, Im dumb enough to get completely disorientated when I need to use hunt the prey in a clutch situation. You appear facing the opposite direction like a dickhead with four people stood directly behind you.
  • Sharz 9 Apr 2021 11:47:56 2,089 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow that 'Shepards of Enoch' side quest is balls hard at the end. How anyone does that solo at higher tiers I do not know.

Had to drop down to WT2 on the boss just to get it done and move on. Simply not enough interrupts solo, guess the. Game is starting to show its coop focus. Still leveling with crap gear didn't help also.

Edited by Sharz at 11:49:12 09-04-2021
  • robthehermit 9 Apr 2021 11:49:12 8,400 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Similarly, Im dumb enough to get completely disorientated when I need to use hunt the prey in a clutch situation. You appear facing the opposite direction like a dickhead with four people stood directly behind you.
    You've been watching me play haven't you.
  • neems 9 Apr 2021 12:40:24 5,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    You've been watching me play haven't you.
    Lol done that so many times. The shield one where you reset your position I never have any idea where I am.
  • cov 9 Apr 2021 13:27:31 2,507 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Took me a while but git hang of prey, shield not a chance

And sheperd yeah a complete mare (on wt11) nearly got him 3 times. Going back when buildnis right (more health leeching)
  • gamecat 9 Apr 2021 17:30:55 1,157 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I fear for the longevity of this game: after just over a week, and campaign done, a few odds and ends to tidy up then it's just these DPS rush challenge tiers to go at, until any DLC arrives. I'm not really bothered as I'm a gamespass scum, but hard to see people sticking around for months with so little to do.
  • THFourteen 9 Apr 2021 17:58:30 54,511 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    gamecat wrote:
    I fear for the longevity of this game: after just over a week, and campaign done, a few odds and ends to tidy up then it's just these DPS rush challenge tiers to go at, until any DLC arrives. I'm not really bothered as I'm a gamespass scum, but hard to see people sticking around for months with so little to do.
    I'm not sure thats such a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with games having a beginning and an end. That used to be the norm when i was a kid.

Sometimes i feel games are just a bit too endless thesedays.
  • JamboWayOh 9 Apr 2021 18:09:54 23,750 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    gamecat wrote:
    I'm not sure thats such a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with games having a beginning and an end. That used to be the norm when i was a kid.

I agree with user THfourteen. What's going on???
  • THFourteen 9 Apr 2021 20:20:43 54,511 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just beat the chrysaloid in the forest only on world tier 4 but still felt like an achievement for me.

Also nabbed my first legendary, amber vault maybe? No idea where it came from, it doesnít seem great so far but I probably need to swap out the mods on it plus it does less damage than my other blue weapons.

Also finally got a couple of epics. Close to unlocking world tier 6, 5 is doable for me generally but not boss fights.
  • dfunked09 9 Apr 2021 21:56:49 1,991 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @THFourteen
    Nice. I think that boss is one of the first guaranteed legendary drops in the game. I kept coming back to that story point after as it drops a guaranteed 2 epics, and its kind of fun (in a weird way) to keep track how much damage you're doing.

If you're not feeling a legendary weapon don't force yourself to use it. Scrap it for the tier III mods and try those on a gun you enjoy. When you finally get a legendary you like the feel of you can stick another tier III mod on it, which is what I love about this game.

Edited by dfunked09 at 22:00:46 09-04-2021

Edited by dfunked09 at 22:01:07 09-04-2021
  • Derblington 9 Apr 2021 22:00:06 34,874 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I donít think the chrysalid hit me once. The dragonfly ads did.

I canít seem to get out of WT7. Every time I get to the top of it I hit a difficulty wall that drops it down again. Think Iíve worked through it 3 or 4 times now.
  • mothercruncher 9 Apr 2021 22:24:33 19,210 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    gamecat wrote:

I agree with user THfourteen. What's going on???
    Whoah, check yourself before you wreck yourself buddy 😧
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2021 22:52:00 86,358 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think I will probably be done with it after the campaign, too, unless the expeditions really are a game changer. Iím enjoying it but I canít see timed challenges keeping me in.

It is such an odd game and some parts feel so half finished. Not that Iím complaining but I canít believe there arenít any microtransactions or a store front. Like titanium is just scarce enough to be a pain in the arse and itís really hard to believe a squenix game wouldnít want to sell me a time saver.
  • neems 9 Apr 2021 23:04:30 5,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished the campaign, interesting but I thought it would be a weirder explanation than the one given. Also the Shaman and the final boss were a fucking pain. Ended on WT8, after peaking at 12.

So far I've had 4 legendary weapons and 1 legendary chest piece and they've all kinda sucked. One or two interesting mods though.
  • JamboWayOh 9 Apr 2021 23:05:44 23,750 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's not a lot.
  • nickthegun 9 Apr 2021 23:10:20 86,358 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iíve had two legendary weapons, both worthless. A pistol and a sniper rifle
  • JamboWayOh 10 Apr 2021 00:24:29 23,750 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm level 23, just had one, an SMG. It was already underpowered to everything else I had when o got it. Seems like they need to tweak that drop rate because it's still pretty shit and I'm still getting green drops now and then.
  • cov 10 Apr 2021 01:12:54 2,507 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Had about 14 but on wt12 so higher chance and they drop from completing all hunts and all wanted plus some of the side quests too
  • dfunked09 10 Apr 2021 08:53:25 1,991 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah, rinse the beast hunter quests as you get 1x guaranteed epic for each one and then a legendary when you hand them all in (plus whatever each boss drops)

The hidden button quest is pretty easy and you get to pick from three legendaries. Search for the forgotten chapel quest when you've finished the canyon of the grand obelisk area.

World drops are plain stingy and you can't really rely on them until your grinding endgame stuff.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Apr 2021 08:54:18 26,651 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Morning all
    Can someone tell ME What I'm doing wrong. I joined a co-op game, player behind me in the story, did some things, when I left my game has continued from other players campaign, so I have just replayed two story missiins!

I have gone into my quest log and the only story mission open to me (not side) is again something I have already done!.

How do I get back to where I was in the campaign ?

Edit: So it is "select story point" 👍 obviously found right after I posted! D'oh

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 08:56:34 10-04-2021
  • Darth_Flibble 10 Apr 2021 10:22:32 5,187 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The legendary items always seem to be crap compared to purple tier items stat wise. Just end up dismantle them for tier 3 mods.

The endgame isn't much fun, just waves and waves of same enemies to get some loot at the end. As mentioned its timed to get better loot and getting swarmed is not much fun and when you have those cunty birds.

Hopefully a sequel will have better enemies that don't just swarm you or have snipers that can shoot off fly's wings, also better quest design would be nice
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.