Outriders, Matchmaking, co-op thread Page 15

• oldskooldeano 14 Apr 2021 12:02:10 3,411 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 the red is telling you that you already have a piece of gear equipped with that mod on it.
  • nickthegun 14 Apr 2021 12:06:27 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    yeah, on the weapon/armour:

- Red means you have that mod on another piece of gear so there will be no effect (stuff doesnt stack)
    - The waffle symbol means you have it in your library
    - The X spanner icon means you have customised the gear yourself
  • Vortex808 14 Apr 2021 13:08:25 15,143 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    yeah, on the weapon/armour:

- The waffle symbol means you have it in your library
    😃 Thanks. I hadn't twigged about that. Now i can tell what i can sell.

If i couldn't remember if i had it before i always broke them down just in case. Now i will be able to sell more shit.
  • [maven] 14 Apr 2021 16:46:50 5,778 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You can also mark everything to be dismantled and then hover over the "Dismantle All" button: That will show the resources you would get and should list any new mods.
  • Phattso 14 Apr 2021 17:25:37 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ooooh - I thought mods went into a pool. Are they just unlocked and they can be re-applied to as many things as you want?!

If so, I've wasted a small fortune on dismantling guns and armour I should've just sold. No wonder I'm skint! :D
  • [maven] 14 Apr 2021 19:12:25 5,778 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Once unlocked you can apply the mods as often as you want.
  • nickthegun 14 Apr 2021 19:27:13 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah. I assumed that you would get one mod per dismantle initially, too. But you only need to dismantle a weapon with perpetuum mobile once and you can roll that bad boy onto every weapon you pick up. It only costs a small amount of iron or leather usually.

Iíve rolled 2 clips of twisted ammo onto maybe 100 gloves now.
  • Theshape80 15 Apr 2021 16:45:26 464 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Inventory wipe patch out now. So hopefully itís safe to resume playing after a week not touching it.
  • oldskooldeano 15 Apr 2021 17:51:58 3,411 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Theshape80 wrote:
    Inventory wipe patch out now. So hopefully itís safe to resume playing after a week not touching it.
    Iíll check Reddit in a few hours first.
  • dfunked09 15 Apr 2021 18:15:10 2,001 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Haha, yep. Leave it for a day and check how much of a dumpster fire Reddit is the following morning is the best approach to this game.
  • Vortex808 18 Apr 2021 18:05:54 15,143 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well that's done.

Man that story was bad.

And the ending was pretty bad too. 😆
  • nickthegun 18 Apr 2021 18:25:50 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, it's so shit. That fucking bad guy was terrible in every way possible. It's an awful, awful fight and its just a terrible 'character'. Spend an entire game building up powerful foes, lore, experiments and the main fight is against some random guy who just happens to be really powerful for some reason. I have it when things cripple themselves for a sequel that may or may not happen. Absolutely wank.

Outside that, yeah, story finished l30 wt12 and I'm done. Like I said before, I found a god roll, epic AR at like level 12 and it dragged me through the entire game. Didn't find a single better weapon, even legendaries so grinding for loot seems pointless and the end game is pretty crap anyway.

I enjoyed it while I played it and would play another if it dropped into gamepass but this one was so appallingly janky, I wouldn't pay for it.

Edited by nickthegun at 18:26:08 18-04-2021
  • Vortex808 18 Apr 2021 18:49:21 15,143 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not paying for it, is the key thing here. Gamepass came into it's own for it.

I played the last level with my missus in the room and the 'exposition' was risibly bad.

The core shoot & loot is fine. The rest, varied between janky and terrible.

I'm glad it's done, as i really haven't played a game that had such a laughable story and dialogue for years.

If indeed, ever.

I'm still shaking my head about it tbh.

Edited by Vortex808 at 18:51:01 18-04-2021
  • StarchildHypocrethes 18 Apr 2021 19:14:05 33,777 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, I gave up on the "story" at around the halfway point. It was toss.

I did really enjoy playing it though and thought the actual game bits were great. Yet I'm also secretly glad I didn't end up buying it.
  • nickthegun 18 Apr 2021 19:29:16 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I do wonder what the consensus will end up being for this. Xbox players do seem to be a bit more generous towards it than people who paid and it was fun enough while it worked.

But itís just so fucking janky even now, itís turbo ugly the balancing is absolutely woeful and the story and acting are abysmal.
  • JamboWayOh 18 Apr 2021 20:41:23 23,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've said this before that if this wasn't a 'next gen' game (even though it's not) it wouldn't get such a free pass. I feel people are starved for new games and if this was released in a time where more next gen games were available AND it wasn't on Gamepass I don't feel as if it would be given all the goodwill that's it getting. I've been playing on and off but it's sooooo god damn repetitive, repetitive is fine but some of the difficulty spikes are maddening, not all the classes are equal, it's janky as hell, really ugly looking and the game design is very old such as the segmentation of individual areas. I've had 2 legendary drops at level 24 and they were both worse than what I was already carrying which is baffling when you consider how low the drop rate is for those. I don't know if I can be arsed to carry on tbh.
  • Phattso 19 Apr 2021 10:05:52 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm still loving it. Level 25 WT9 and the story is even getting (marginally) more bearable. I love the loop. I love the hub and spoke. I love the combat. I love messing with the builds.

It's my kinda AA game, basically. Scratching the same itch that Too Human did back in the day. Also love how some of the levels get to Serious Sam levels of silliness with bundles of bad guys ranging from grunts to skyscrapers all in the mix.
  • nickthegun 19 Apr 2021 10:12:54 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I dont know if youve got there yet but there is one level, 'meet me at the gate' or something where you have to face one massive wave of monsters, boss monster, cut scene and then two boss monsters and another shitload of little ones.

If you die in the second wave, youre right back to the start. Its absolutely ridiculous.
  • neems 19 Apr 2021 10:15:05 5,392 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah I'm really into it. Finished the campaign, played a bit of end game, and started an alt. A certain amount of fatigue has sunk in, but that's only natural, I don't feel that games need to be endless.
  • nickthegun 19 Apr 2021 10:17:50 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh, since we are in post-mortem mode, I genuinely cant remember when I played a game where travel and navigation was as bad.

As discussed before, the fast travel is woeful but the map is basically useless, the mini-map is worthless for anything other than enemy positioning and the wayfinding is completely broken.

I mean, you drop into a map, see a hunt you want to do, you can mark the fucking hunt as an objective until you find it, so you drop into what looks like the nearest travel point, wander around for a dick for ages because the map doesnt update your position and THEN when you find it, the wayfinder takes you in the opposite direction to a stale objective you finished an hour ago.
  • Derblington 19 Apr 2021 10:18:50 34,881 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Same as Phattso and neems, I really like it even though it's janky.
    I'm almost done with all the side content, yet to play any expeditions, and planning on running through with an alt in co-op. I reckon I'll go for the Platinum as I shouldn't have much to work on specifically once I'm done with all I want to play.
  • nickthegun 19 Apr 2021 10:21:40 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dont get me wrong, I did enjoy it almost in spite of itself. It had some secret sauce that did keep me hooked until I saw the credits but I was pretty much done as soon as I saw them. Did a bit of end game and its not for me.
  • Decks 19 Apr 2021 10:24:05 29,821 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've started playing Warframe recently which seems similarly janky but strangely compelling. Looks pretty nice with the next gen upgrade too.
  • robthehermit 19 Apr 2021 10:50:10 8,420 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Dont get me wrong, I did enjoy it almost in spite of itself. It had some secret sauce that did keep me hooked until I saw the credits but I was pretty much done as soon as I saw them. Did a bit of end game and its not for me.
    This. Loved the main game, jank and all, I even quite enjoyed the story. It's done now though, and I've got no reason to keep playing it when I've got sooo much else to play.
  • Phattso 19 Apr 2021 10:54:14 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I dont know if youve got there yet but there is one level, 'meet me at the gate' or something where you have to face one massive wave of monsters, boss monster, cut scene and then two boss monsters and another shitload of little ones.

If you die in the second wave, youre right back to the start. Its absolutely ridiculous.
    Just did that this morning before work, actually. That's the fight that felt most like Serious Sam to me. I cleaned their chronometers but good - squeaked it on my first attempt.

That said, since I respected my Pyro and added Phoenix - that basically gives me two lives for every encounter, which is definitely a bit on the OP side.

nickthegun wrote:
    Oh, since we are in post-mortem mode, I genuinely cant remember when I played a game where travel and navigation was as bad.

As discussed before, the fast travel is woeful but the map is basically useless, the mini-map is worthless for anything other than enemy positioning and the wayfinding is completely broken.
    There's a definite bug in the pathfinding if you do anything that isn't the main quest. Do a side mission, and not only is the pathfinding borked but you'll often be unable to enter an area for a different side mission after. I've had that when mopping up bounties and hunts. Something out of whack under the hood for sure.

The area map is basically to get from area to area, and the 'minimap' isn't: it's just a radar, which is all I've used it for. Each area is so compact that navigation has yet to be a chore.

It did take me an embarrassing amount of time to realise that the indicator for "you are here" on the area map just indicates the area, rather than position within it.. Like I'd even convinced myself that it *did* move when I did. D'oh!
  • Phattso 19 Apr 2021 10:55:07 27,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    neems wrote:
    Yeah I'm really into it. Finished the campaign, played a bit of end game, and started an alt. A certain amount of fatigue has sunk in, but that's only natural, I don't feel that games need to be endless.
    Indeed. I have an alt for co-op, and I'm looking forward to dipping in and out with that over time.
  • Derblington 19 Apr 2021 10:59:22 34,881 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    There's definitely a bit of learning the way it does work rather than the way it should work.

If you trigger a fight you can't de-agro. You have to take and finish that fight, and complete the blue objective to open the path to the next area if there is one, before it will let you move to a side-quest area. That's caught me a couple of times when I've just run too close to a combat encounter and is a pain in the arse. Generally it's pretty quick to clear them out, thankfully.
  • nickthegun 19 Apr 2021 11:01:37 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    It did take me an embarrassing amount of time to realise that the indicator for "you are here" on the area map just indicates the area, rather than position within it.. Like I'd even convinced myself that it *did* move when I did. D'oh!
    I realised that quite quickly, especially since you port in with no orientation. Give me a north on the minimap, for the love of god. What did take me a while to realise is that you are also represented by the same flag as the fucking fast travel icons.

Edited by nickthegun at 11:03:07 19-04-2021
  • nickthegun 19 Apr 2021 11:02:38 86,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    If you trigger a fight you can't de-agro.
    That is annoying. The wayward waypoint leads you the wrong way into a fight and you cant even try the other direction until you murder everyone.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.