Outriders, Matchmaking, co-op thread Page 3

• Derblington 3 Apr 2021 11:56:14 34,780 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The server issues - are they specific to platform or title? Reason I ask is that Iím tempted to pick it up but wondering whether I should wait a week.
  • dfunked09 3 Apr 2021 12:02:07 1,901 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Nah, they're across the board. Definitely wait a bit if you can.

Just got my first purple world drop (been mainly playing on normal to get through the story before I start cranking up world tiers)
    Bizarre I got a helmet and gun at the same time.

Was from a hunter - oreyard queen side quest which is quite fun and short, so might be a decent one to farm later on if it's repeatable.
  • dsmx 3 Apr 2021 12:08:41 8,634 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Derblington I'm playing on PC and I've put in about 13 hours so far.

I've had 4 disconnections during gameplay and 3 occasions I couldn't log in in that time.

The failure to login is annoying but seems to only happen around the 8-11pm period. The disconnections during gameplay thankfully for me happened just after a check point so I wasn't that bothered.

I won't pretend it isn't an issue and it is annoying but I have genuinely being enjoying my time with the game. I just did a battle in a nice large area and I was beaming and slicing and blasting my way through and it was awesome fun.

Hell, I'm even curious about what happens in the plot now as there are some interesting developments in the plot as you get further away from the trenches.

It's also nice to see the end of the grey and brown and seeing colour returning to the environment along with some way more interesting things to fight as you get further through the game.

I'm still not really seeing why this game needs to be always online if I'm honest but it is still a lot of fun when you get into the rhythm of the combat....also a auto shotgun helps which I can already see a nerf coming to as they are way to powerful.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2021 12:11:00 86,026 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I had a couple of login issue this morning and got booted mid-session but then had an uninterrupted 90mins.

I would wait if you are paying money and arenít desperate but if you are planning on doing online, it seems fairly easy to power-level so you will be well behind.
  • SolidSCB 3 Apr 2021 12:23:30 15,307 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is there any proper endgame stuff like Raid/Dungeon type things or is it just a case of harder difficulties for the same levels as you level/gear up?
  • dfunked09 3 Apr 2021 12:26:35 1,901 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    It's got expoditions at the end, which are separate missions from the main game with their own difficulty tiers. They look pretty neat, better rewards for doing them within a time limit.

Or you can just run through the story missions again too of course/farm bosses.

Edited by dfunked09 at 12:27:08 03-04-2021
  • Derblington 3 Apr 2021 12:31:47 34,780 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Cheers all. Iíll see if I can hold off for a while and play some other stuff. Iím in a bit of a funk of switching titles after 30 mins play and I think this would suit my mood as an easy distraction to just sit and kill stuff.
  • Frogofdoom 3 Apr 2021 12:46:13 17,428 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, even if its a few days its worth holding off. I have had server troubles every time I've tried to play so far. Going to spend my co op time working through the excellent it takes two and give them a chance to get this fixed.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2021 14:32:51 86,026 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So, top tips: go into the options and:

- turn off motion blur. It looks dreadful
    - turn Ďauto lootí to common. You want common loot for materials anyway but if you turn on auto loot, it will pick everything up when you die or you can hit down on the d-pad to loot the entire area. So after a skirmish, just hit down and it will collect all the crap everyone has dropped.
  • dfunked09 3 Apr 2021 14:58:28 1,901 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Yeah, auto loot is a game changer. Love the dismantle/sell all of X rarity option too (means you might as well loot everything given how quick it is to dismantle for mats)

The boss at the end of the quarry section seems to be a good farming spot, pretty quick two phase fight and it drops guaranteed purples even on WT3.

Got the legendary Migraine SMG on my first go.

Edited by dfunked09 at 14:58:52 03-04-2021
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 Apr 2021 16:35:15 33,710 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Motherfucking thing just chucked me off right before I could confirm a bounty I'd spent the last bastard hour trying to do.

I feel rage.
  • TOOTR 3 Apr 2021 17:44:45 10,457 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm really enjoying it (just in solo as Pyromancer so far) - I read this somewhere:

'in Outriders, cover is mainly for the enemies, not for you. If youíre staying in cover you will get pinged and grenaded to death, and the ďcorrectĒ way to play is to constantly be roaming and taking shots, yes, but healing yourself on kill with whatever your classís ability is (close range kills for Trickster and Devastator, any damage on Technomancer, burn-marked enemy kills on Pyromancer). If you try to play this like a cover shooter, you will hate it. If you play aggressively like this is Diablo with guns, you will have a much better time. Trust me.';

And it's def changed the way i've been playing it for the better.
  • THFourteen 3 Apr 2021 18:04:52 54,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Can you remap buttons on this? i wasnt able to do it on my Xbox. But Melee to right stick just isnt working for me, maybe its muscle memory from too much Destiny 2 but i need Melee to be right bumper.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2021 18:32:44 86,026 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There are problems with it being a cover shooter. The world tiers, if you donít manually knock them down, means that sometimes you do have to take cover. You get stuck on a cool down and enemies drain health faster than you get recover it.

Unfortunately, the game cheats and spawns enemies in all over the map so you are *never* safe in cover. Itís not like gears where levels are a football field with you on one side and the baddies on the other. If you take cover there will be a wanker melting your health behind you within seconds.

So you canít really play it like either, at least I canít while levelling up.
  • Frogofdoom 3 Apr 2021 19:29:00 17,428 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't managed to finish the tutorial yet as I've been kicked off the server both times I have tried :D
  • dsmx 3 Apr 2021 19:48:02 8,634 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm level 23 and playing on world tier 6, I've not touched it because as it stand it provides me with the right level of me feeling powerful while kicking my arse when I fuck up.

But they really need to make it clearer in this game:

DON'T PLAY THE GAME AS A COVER SHOOTER, YOU WILL DIE.

Also some of the later levels have little to no cover so you'll be fucked anyway if you go down that route.

But in general you need to get the balance right between your ability to heal yourself and damage output. Also getting a gun that heals you by doing damage is a nice crutch when things get a bit hectic and you can blind fire in cover while your skills are charging to heal.

Right now I use a high damage bolt action for 50m+ fights and I switch between Assault, LMG and auto shotgun depending on the environment.

Overall you need to be aggressive in this game and you need to be aware of your surroundings because the AI will push to flank you and you will die, quickly if you don't.

If you're dying a lot the fault lies with you, not the game because the game provides you plenty of tools to make things easier for you.

Edited by dsmx at 19:49:02 03-04-2021
  • JamboWayOh 3 Apr 2021 19:54:54 23,585 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's still weird to say that while the very fact remains that the game is full of waist high cover.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2021 20:37:18 86,026 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Like I say, Iím L14, WT6 and the enemies outlevel the weapons and gear I have by a decent chunk so you have to take cover sometimes because you just canít do enough burst damage to kill most enemies, meaning you canít recharge your health.

Itís actually fairly well balanced. Itís tough but manageable and it does force you to get better but you do need to hide fairly often if youíre not lowering the difficulty
  • dsmx 3 Apr 2021 20:55:34 8,634 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @JamboWayOh That cover is for the AI, not for you.
  • CannonAnBall 4 Apr 2021 08:11:12 768 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Worth noting that you can level up your weapons, which is great if you get attached to a decent weapon.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Apr 2021 08:51:09 23,585 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    @JamboWayOh That cover is for the AI, not for you.
    Hahahaha...errr, ok.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 08:54:25 04-04-2021
  • THFourteen 4 Apr 2021 09:41:06 54,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm only level 8 World Tier 4, but i'm not quite sure how you are supposed to beat any of the minibosses without using cover?

At least i dont have any mods or life gain right now except for killing people at close up, so getting aggressive is fine with your standard mob, but will get you killed against a miniboss with lots of armour and health?
  • JamboWayOh 4 Apr 2021 09:42:41 23,585 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @THFourteen

YOU'RE PLAYING IT WRONG!!!!!... apparently
  • nickthegun 4 Apr 2021 09:53:40 86,026 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Burst damage, then run away heroically and wait behind cover for you skills to cool down.

I'm playing trickster so I tend to pop twisted ammo, teleport behind them (which inflicts slow and weak), do temporal blade, unload my clip of magic bullets and then leg it.

I said earlier that crafting seems worthless because it's too expensive but.... it's worth paying close attention to the mods on your armour. When you level out of them, you can deconstruct the armour and keep the mod so you can apply it higher level armour with worthless perks.

I've rolled the same 'teleport causes slowdown' mod onto like five pairs of shoes.

Edited by nickthegun at 09:57:12 04-04-2021
  • THFourteen 4 Apr 2021 09:56:19 54,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:wait behind cover
    Without using cover?
  • nickthegun 4 Apr 2021 09:59:03 86,026 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    NGL, the AI cheats, so you will die sometimes in cover unless you knock the difficulty down but the other option is to just run around in the open with your dick in your hand

Edited by nickthegun at 09:59:43 04-04-2021
  • Derblington 4 Apr 2021 10:01:53 34,780 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You do need to use cover, itís just not to be used solely to hide and shoot from, like Gears.
    The combat demands more aggressive play to maximise the output and skills but the cover is there for a reason.
  • nickthegun 4 Apr 2021 10:03:17 86,026 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    As soon as snipers become a regular thing, you do need to hide occasionally as they will just cap you from half a level away, the cunts.
  • THFourteen 4 Apr 2021 10:05:34 54,352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I kinda do half and half. Pick out as much as I can using a sniper from afar and then close with a light machine gun or shotgun after Iíve thinned the herd.

I am close to upgrading the game to an 8 from a 7. Itís strangely moreish.

Edited by THFourteen at 10:06:10 04-04-2021
  • DUFFMAN5 4 Apr 2021 10:10:16 26,586 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Played some more this morning, solo, tried to MM but in no dice. I'm struggling on Tier 4 (lvl 11 Firestarter, twisted Firestarter class) and dropped it down during the Spider fight...PCF stealing from Gears 1 somewhat! lol how are you Gods of games playing on the higher level tiers ? Once again I am reminded how utter shite I am at almost every game! oh well, as long as it is fun.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.