What would be your dream game release? Page 3

• Saul_Iscariot 15 Apr 2021 10:12:58 4,317 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have always wanted to see a Star Wars game that combines elements of space exploration a la Elite, open world elements on planets, combat similar to the old X-Wing and Dark Forces games. The crux of this would be playing as a scoundrel, preferably Lando, planning heists and swindles. Recruiting teams and planning missions kind of like the Hitman games. Different approaches would be open to you. Depending on success and evidence you would start to get a price on your head. Avoiding bounty hunters could be introduced.
  • Wayne 15 Apr 2021 10:24:36 3,357 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    barchetta wrote:
    A Dredd open world game taking in ALL the characters with a bit of the Cursed Earth for good measure. DLC to include BritCit, SovCit and Oz, possibly a trip to Titan for good measure.
    I think we have a winner.
  • Saul_Iscariot 15 Apr 2021 10:35:55 4,317 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    barchetta wrote:
    A Dredd open world game taking in ALL the characters with a bit of the Cursed Earth for good measure. DLC to include BritCit, SovCit and Oz, possibly a trip to Titan for good measure.
    I think we have a winner.
    “Bought a loot crate, that’s six months in juvie.”
  • SomethingOriginal 15 Apr 2021 10:41:58 24 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I’d love a new Final Fantasy Tactics entry, that game ate my life on the GBA.

Also an old XBox game that was a great family fun time - Kung Fu Chaos. Just making it available via BC would be enough.

Finally, really love the Endless Ocean series too - a new one would be great.

Edited by SomethingOriginal at 10:42:16 15-04-2021
  • Wayne 15 Apr 2021 10:44:23 3,357 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    See for all the criticisms the game industry gets about remakes and remasters, this thread shows a hell of a lot of demand for remakes and remasters.
  • SomethingOriginal 15 Apr 2021 11:05:22 24 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Wayne Agree - but for me a good remaster can be a worthy investment, especially when it is free of the ‘features’ of modern gaming like micro transactions and the like.
  • Psiloc 15 Apr 2021 11:15:46 6,165 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Both of mine actually came to pass: FFVII, and a return to form for 2D Sonic.

Next I'd love MGS/Kojima/Sony rumour to come through.

I also wouldn't mind the next GTA to be set in the UK
  • mrharvest 15 Apr 2021 11:17:54 5,713 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I would love to see a Lost Planet MMO with proper persistent faction warfare. Raiding your enemies for their thermal energy, raiding akrid for their thermal energy. Building a base, gathering mecha and weapons.

Multi-faction PVP and PVE for resource gathering.
  • IRWATWO 15 Apr 2021 11:26:54 1,159 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    After a mate and I played Dune II on the Amiga for 2 years solid, we designed a dream RTS with vast maps, hundreds of units, many players on each side. Then about 15 years later Supreme Commander came out, and now about 15 years after that we have kit that can actually run it properly (more or less).

• Malek86 15 Apr 2021 11:29:35 11,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    See for all the criticisms the game industry gets about remakes and remasters, this thread shows a hell of a lot of demand for remakes and remasters.
    Yeah, but most of the requests are about very old games. Meanwhile, the game industry loves to remaster and remake games from at most two generations earlier, and that's already a stretch.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:30:37 15-04-2021
  • Rhaegyr 15 Apr 2021 11:40:55 5,425 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Probably something I don't even know I want. Failing that;

Skies of Arcadia 2
    Powerstone 3
    A new Unreal Tournament (fuck you Fortnite)
    Banjo-Threeie (in the style of Kazooie and Tooie)
  • Britesparc 15 Apr 2021 13:34:59 2,281 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Every E3 for ages I've wanted three things from Microsoft: a new Fable, a new Perfect Dark, and a new Crackdown. Now all three have happened/are happening so I'm moving onto wishing for more Viva Pinata.

I'd love a game like Crackdown that offered some form of the destruction that was promised initially. Is that not even vaguely possible yet?

I'd like a Star Wars RPG where you played a Padawan during the Republic. Something a bit closer to the Witcher than Fallen Order, with dialogue choices and branching paths and whatnot.

Also a Mass Effect Star Trek game. Set in the TNG era. You'd play a First Officer who'd lead away missions. Sometimes they'd be combat-heavy, sometimes an entirely placid adventure/puzzle to solve. You'd be able to wander round the entire starship between missions. Maybe even go on the holodeck.

I'd also really like a game like Fable but that I could play with my kids, so no fruity language, bonking, or gratutitous violence.

Finally, a modern take on an old adventure. Basically, imagine if you remade Monkey Island in the Breath of the Wild engine; Guybrush walking round the Carribbean in third person. No combat, just puzzles and chatting, and full of daft jokes and stuff. I'm not asking for a MI remake, BTW, just a game like this, with excellent 3D controls and a kind of go-anywhere design.
  • Rhaegyr 15 Apr 2021 13:38:03 5,425 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A lot of the time you get what you want but the execution leaves it a lot to be desired.

I wanted a new Monkey Ball game but we got a remaster of Banana Blitz instead of something brand new or a reworking of the original (and best) and it was distinctly average. I also wanted a new Paper Mario in the vein of Thousand Year Door but it didn't turn out like that (though the game was still good).

On the flipside, I wanted a new Streets of Rage game and they knocked it out of the park.
  • imamazed 15 Apr 2021 13:43:21 6,635 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:

Finally, a modern take on an old adventure. Basically, imagine if you remade Monkey Island in the Breath of the Wild engine; Guybrush walking round the Carribbean in third person. No combat, just puzzles and chatting, and full of daft jokes and stuff. I'm not asking for a MI remake, BTW, just a game like this, with excellent 3D controls and a kind of go-anywhere design.
    Someone hasn't played Simon The Sorcerer 3D.
  • retro74 15 Apr 2021 13:51:00 3,651 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is a good thread :)

In terms of a remake I'd love to see PS2 era Tiger Woods golf with modern graphics. Those games are the pinnacle (pardon the pun) of golf games and the current gen ones are an embarrassment in comparison

Dream game would be centred around a Private Investigator type, almost in the vein of The Maltese Falcon. There was a game on Spectrum called Movie, set in that type of environment and I've always loved it. Loads of shifty characters, femme fatales, tricky puzzles etc. I would fucking love that. There's probably been one on PC but as a console gamer I've never played anything similar

I suppose LA Noire had element of those things but wasn't quite enough for me
  • smoothpete 15 Apr 2021 14:09:58 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    retro74 wrote:

Dream game would be centred around a Private Investigator type, almost in the vein of The Maltese Falcon. There was a game on Spectrum called Movie, set in that type of environment and I've always loved it. Loads of shifty characters, femme fatales, tricky puzzles etc. I would fucking love that. There's probably been one on PC but as a console gamer I've never played anything similar

Clicked on the thread to post basically this. It could be super cool. A GTA style Philip Marlowe.
  • smoothpete 15 Apr 2021 14:12:46 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'd also like to see a game in the vein of Uncharted or Tomb Raider but set in a Land of the Giants type scenario
  • mrharvest 15 Apr 2021 14:26:01 5,713 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    retro74 wrote:

Clicked on the thread to post basically this. It could be super cool. A GTA style Philip Marlowe.
    L.A. Noire?
  • pyper777 15 Apr 2021 14:28:36 265 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Creatures 3, Sonic Mania 2, Lemmings 3, New Zealand Story 2.
  • Psiloc 15 Apr 2021 14:28:43 6,165 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mrharvest wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    retro74 wrote:

L.A. Noire?
    Except good.

Edited by Psiloc at 14:28:59 15-04-2021
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Apr 2021 16:00:33 26,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I assume we have had Eternal Darkness remake suggestion ?
  • SnackPlissken 15 Apr 2021 16:06:05 3,180 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lost Odyssey on switch.
  • Robospud 15 Apr 2021 17:45:52 146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ballz, remade as a narrative driven open world adventure
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 Apr 2021 18:02:34 14,122 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Custer's Revenge survival horror.
  • smoothpete 15 Apr 2021 18:10:31 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    mrharvest wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    retro74 wrote:

L.A. Noire?
    Except good.
    I nearly started another play through the other day but the interview sections are so tedious.

Some kind of hard boiled private eye DLC would be cool though. Meeting femme fatales poolside in Malibu mansions, drinking Gimlets in seedy bars with scumbag informants, etc.
  • Dirtbox 15 Apr 2021 18:28:36 92,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Reaching deep, I'd like a modern remake of Starglider. Or Mercenary.

Or now I think about it, Freelancer 2.

And all of Cave's games to get a PC release because consoles are too temporary. Ketsui 2 while they're at it.
    Isn't Star Citizen supposed to be a sort of sequel to Freelancer?

Shame it's a total joke.
    You're probably thinking of Privateer which is part of the Wing Commander series, which Star Citizen is based on, or maybe FreeSpace 2, which has no relation whatsoever to either aside from space ships. Freelancer was not really similar to any of them.

Edited by Dirtbox at 18:37:15 15-04-2021
  • Vortex808 15 Apr 2021 18:39:33 15,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A pulp fiction style game like LANoire (but good), would be awesome.

I am disappointed, nay dismayed even, that no-one has said Alpha Protocol 2.
  • Dirtbox 15 Apr 2021 18:49:35 92,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    mrharvest wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    retro74 wrote:

L.A. Noire?
    Contact Sam Cruise.
  • elstoof 15 Apr 2021 19:27:13 27,143 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    A new Phoenix Wright
  • Dougs 15 Apr 2021 21:12:33 99,066 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Burnout 2 remake, made by the same team at Criterion. Is that too much to ask?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.