Has anyone tested this yet?|
Transport Tycoon Deluxe is my all time favorite game, so I have been dreaming of a modern incarnation. This looks exactly what I have been waiting for.
THFourteen 54,517 posts
Seen 3 hours ago
Registered 16 years ago
Saw someone post it on the openttd Reddit yesterday but I dismissed it as a mobile phone game.
Is it good?
THFourteen wrote:Bought it, will try out today!
Is it good?
Okay, after some 4 hours. It's promising, but not without issues.
- It looks great in overall. like the looks
- Solid UI and infodesign
- Research is a nice addition
- Music is great
- Expanding the play area is nice (didn't open the next area yet)
- Factorio style manufacturing is at least a nice idea, don't know after a few hours if it's solid (turning wood to planks and beams and taking those to different locations)
- Laying the tracks and especially bridges, quite buggy
- It's too easy to mess up routings (if car is filled with wrong goods, it cannot pick the right ones)
- Car routing is messed up (trucks might drive to closest city to make an u-turn)
- tutorial is only for the start, laying the tracks or manufacturing would need more tutorials
Promising - the foundations are there but perhaps I'd recommend to wait a bit before playing.
Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.