Real-time Strategy + Horro ? Page 2

Next Last
  • Mola_Ram 20 Apr 2021 02:00:26 25,715 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Your-Mother wrote:
    My comment was sarcastic. You can’t just throw tropes out randomly and hope to come up with a theme. Boil it down to one thing and maybe include thematic references to something else, but just arbitrarily going “Lovecraft Aliens meets Demon Zombies” and thinking “yeah, let’s add more to that mix” isn’t the way forward considering good horror is all about a tight central theme.
    I was hoping for a minecraft element for this game too, I think it could work. I mean, minecraft is really popular so it'll mean more sales right?
    Wait, what if you mixed a space RTS with Minecraft. It would have aliens, and you could go to Stars and Craft things out of the Stars.

I'm at a loss coming up with a name for it though. Cosmic Dog Adventures?
  • 16Bitnights 20 Apr 2021 14:48:49 16 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Carlo wrote:

I was hoping for a minecraft element for this game too, I think it could work. I mean, minecraft is really popular so it'll mean more sales right?
    No offense Calro but this one is too exaggerated to be considered.

Also, you mentioned "sales" like that is my main motivation, I admit, I need money as we all do, I am also selfish but not in the way you think, money is secondary motivation, my main motivation is making a game that I actually want to play!

If you look at the gifs do you really think this is an asset flip with no passion made just for money-grab?

Funny thing, I did make some games in my past that I am not very proud of because I needed the money, I also made some nice games but unfortunately, I noticed a big difference between making a good game and making a game that you actually want to play.
    So this "Chromosome Evil" project is a passion project for me.

Just made some tests today, this is for the anxiety feel when you try to barricade your squad inside a building while infected "zombies" come for you.

Hope you enjoy it and if you have any real suggestions let me know

• Rum_Monkey 20 Apr 2021 15:16:56 2,689 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think it looks promising, if you'd release it on switch I'd buy it.
  • LegendaryApe 20 Apr 2021 18:00:29 2,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Surely the Resident Evil license is tailor made for this type of thing? Multiple enemy types/hero units etc.

Good luck with it!
  • SnackPlissken 20 Apr 2021 18:10:53 3,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I require 40% of your business for a £10 investment.
  • SnackPlissken 20 Apr 2021 18:10:56 3,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I require 40% of your business for a £10 investment.
  • 16Bitnights 21 Apr 2021 05:28:54 16 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Good morning people of Eurogame(r)!

Hope you have a great week start

-----------------
    @Rum_Monkey
    Thank you!
    SO far on Switch, I released just 1 game(TAURONOS) but it is a very different type of game, puzzle, horror,adventure and it was the type of game where I actually wanted to do it in very good polished but not the type of game that I would play myself.
    For Chromosome Evil I am a bit skeptical if Switch is a good platform, do you think Strategy Games have any appeals on Switch?

@LegendaryApe
    Thank you! Yes, Resident Evil is one of the main inspirations.

@SnackPlissken
    Take me to your leader!
    ------------------

New elements:
    Looting materials, maybe some survival mechanics can amp up the Horro(r) factor

Some broken dark corridor dialogue

And some telepathic creature mechanics(inspiration: the thing + Ethereal from Xcom)
  • Rum_Monkey 21 Apr 2021 09:59:37 2,689 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    If you manage to get the controls to fit the switch I'd definitely give it a look.
  • Carlo 21 Apr 2021 20:31:26 21,686 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    16Bitnights wrote:
    Carlo wrote:

No offense Calro but this one is too exaggerated to be considered.

Also, you mentioned "sales" like that is my main motivation, I admit, I need money as we all do, I am also selfish but not in the way you think, money is secondary motivation, my main motivation is making a game that I actually want to play!

If you look at the gifs do you really think this is an asset flip with no passion made just for money-grab?

Funny thing, I did make some games in my past that I am not very proud of because I needed the money, I also made some nice games but unfortunately, I noticed a big difference between making a good game and making a game that you actually want to play.
    So this "Chromosome Evil" project is a passion project for me.

Just made some tests today, this is for the anxiety feel when you try to barricade your squad inside a building while infected "zombies" come for you.

Hope you enjoy it and if you have any real suggestions let me know

Well, that's me fucking told!
  • Carlo 22 Apr 2021 07:18:59 21,686 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Carlo 22 Apr 2021 07:19:00 21,686 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • mothercruncher 22 Apr 2021 08:16:00 19,215 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Is everything ok hun?
  • Carlo 22 Apr 2021 10:00:40 21,686 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Is everything ok hun?
    Honestly, it's been a tough morning :D
  • 16Bitnights 23 Apr 2021 05:34:23 16 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    @Carlo I hope nothing that a warm coffee cannot fix
  • 16Bitnights 25 Apr 2021 19:11:44 16 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Small Update
    Since our game is made with performance in mind, all shadows and lights must be hand-drawn/animated, I now resumed some of the light "systems" polish. On the good side, with such a system the game will basically run even on a potato computer.

My aim here was not to create realistic lights but rather atmospherical ones.
    - top layer got an alpha object with main shadow shapes
    - all walls and big objects generate a shadow PNG
    - light object shapes used to cut through the generated wall shadow
    So each time a map starts the game will generate one huge shadow / light layer PNG. We also got light animations that we had to fake through some torture procedures.
    So here are a few possible shadow/light combos that we use in the game. Hope you enjoy

WIP

Final result:

hope you enjoy it
  • 16Bitnights 4 May 2021 17:09:32 16 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Hello,

Here is a horror-rts custom scenario I was working on

Opinions are welcomed

I was thinking of a new way of boosting the horror element by adding prelude maps for scenarios, for example, this prelude map is for that huge boss fight a few pages earlier. Note that this prelude map has no enemies and the player will not know this. this map is supposed to:
    - offer hints about how can you beat the monster(aka you need long-range weapons)
    - offer information about the game lore
    - some character development
    - tension slowly increases by fear of the unknown and mystery.

And here is the next map where the player is in a house and outside is just 1 huge tentacle monster that snatches player soldiers one by one. The player can never see the entire creature so I boost the fear of unknown element and claustrophobia, I also tried to be fair so the player can win 2 ways, either by killing the monster or by escaping through the underground tunnel(both lead to different game paths)

• Rum_Monkey 4 May 2021 17:33:37 2,689 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Switch
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.