Following NieR Replicant Page 3

Next Last
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 19:51:28 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm still working through sidequests in the A route. Fucking hell but there are a lot of them and they need a lot of backtracking. Funny thing is that when I think of Nier Automata, I think of its highlights. There's always that little nervous voice in the back of my mind pointing out just how much time in that I spent backtracking or farming mobs for loot for tedious sidequests. The payoff in Automata wss definitely worth it, though.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 3 May 2021 20:12:15 4,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Sheckelberg probably against common consensus but I liked Automata better, something about the world resonated with me a bit more than the original. And I liked the 'robots'. Both were good though (and I did do every sidequest in both if I remember).
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 20:30:50 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm still in the A route in Replicant, but while I like this, I think Automata edges it on the basis of what I've seen so far. They've both got great soundtracks and have the whole "melancholy, ruined future" thing going on, but Automata also had a layer of bombastic awesomeness at times.
  • Sheckelberg 3 May 2021 20:34:55 42 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Yeah I can see how you all favor Automata!!
    Not as janky even though replicant had hooked me straight away. Automata as yet doesnít have as brilliant music.
    Also weird got used to fighting shades ha
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 20:40:36 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Sheckelberg Seriously, I've not completed Replicant yet, but I know that if you've only finished the A ending, you've not finished the game. You're missing the stuff that bridges to Automata.
  • Humperfunk 3 May 2021 22:30:44 8,557 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm near the end of C now at 40 hours in. I was concerned about the younger Nier compared to the older guy as felt it added more, but has been great and works just as well.

A very worthy remake of one of my favourite games, has been an absolute joy to play yet again.
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 22:54:05 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    50% quest completion now. Think that means I've got all the sidequests for the A route.
  • Humperfunk 6 May 2021 22:11:26 8,557 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All endings complete. What a game, was incredible on PS3/360 and just so good to experience it all over again. Going to have to replay Automata soon I think.
  • Ror 7 May 2021 13:33:05 20,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I'm certainly lagging behind. Still on Route A, part one. Though I hit 50% quest completion last night and then kicked the shit out of Grimoire Rubrum this morning, so I'll be onto part two before long.

Nineteen hours on the clock so far - that increased run speed has probably chopped hours off of my playtime.
  • Humperfunk 7 May 2021 13:50:40 8,557 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good stuff Ror :)

I think my final playtime was around 45 hours, that was doing everything except weapon upgrades and getting the white flower (although spent ages trying and probably could have got it if I left the game alone for a few days, fuck that though)
  • Ror 7 May 2021 14:25:27 20,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I might do the weapon upgrades, as there are weapon stories tied to them this time, but yeah, don't think I'll be doing the moonflower stuff - too many other games to get to!

Edited by Ror at 15:25:42 07-05-2021
  • Rogueywon 9 May 2021 13:33:02 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fuck titanium alloy. Just fuck it to fuckery.

That is all.
  • Ror 9 May 2021 13:46:24 20,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I might be screwed. Was about to finish up part 1 yesterday and thought I'd do a weapon check. I've missed the bloody Nirvana Dagger in the lost shrine (which of course you can't go back to in part 1). I played that part late night on release day and nodded off a few times, so I obviously missed the bloody crate.

I have a vague recollection of not actually knowing about the weapon requirement in my Gestalt Route A run, and I'm sure I just went around buying them all in Route B, so I finished part one and then ran around the world checking every blacksmith. No Nirvana Dagger anywhere.

So I guess I either have to hope that box is still there five years later in part two, or I've wasted twenty hours \o/
  • Rogueywon 9 May 2021 13:49:57 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Ror It's there in part 2.
  • Ror 9 May 2021 14:23:59 20,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Rogueywon Phew. Ta, Roguey.
  • Rogueywon 9 May 2021 14:30:54 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    As I understand it, missable vendor and quest-reward weapons show up in vendors in part 2. Missable crate weapons will still be there in the same crate.
  • Ror 9 May 2021 15:07:50 20,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    As I understand it, missable vendor and quest-reward weapons show up in vendors in part 2. Missable crate weapons will still be there in the same crate.
    Brilliant, cheers. As I say, I'm sure I remember just running around picking them all up after the fact in the original, so I guess that was the case then, too. It'd be a pain to have to start again and re-do every sidequest!
  • Ror 10 May 2021 12:44:35 20,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got up to the return to the lost shrine last night and the dagger was indeed waiting for me after all these years. Phew.
  • Rogueywon 10 May 2021 23:09:50 11,571 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I now have every titanium alloy I will ever need. I never want to farm another one ever again.
  • Sheckelberg 11 May 2021 08:33:16 42 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Gonna get back and fully complete this today now that Iíve actually completed a game for once!!(res evil village)
  • Sheckelberg 11 May 2021 08:33:17 42 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Gonna get back and fully complete this today now that Iíve actually completed a game for once!!(res evil village)
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.