Shin Megami Tensei V

• Armoured_Bear 16 Jun 2021 12:14:07 31,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Japanese trailer makes this look potentially interesting but I haven't played any of the previous entries, I did love Persona 5 though
  • Malek86 16 Jun 2021 12:15:57 12,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SMT and Persona have usually been their own things, but after the massive success of P5, I'll be surprised if Atlus doesn't let it influence the other series too.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 16 Jun 2021 19:55:01 4,428 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I hear 4A pushed story a lot more than usual for mainline, but I need to finish off 4 before I play it. I wonder if this will tie into 3 (and thus the rerelease).

Strange Journey was one of my favourite mainline games, even though the final Neutral boss was nasty (and I still need to go back and finish that one fight).

V looks promising and is the game I wanted a Switch for. I suppose a nice SMT themed Switch is too much to ask.. Japan might get one though and as Switch is region free it will be more viable than the SMTIV 3DS. A Switch 'Pro' version would be ideal ;)

Weird localisation bug in the trailer though with no space between demon race and name getting things like a "FAIRYJACK FROST". At least the Treehouse segment showed some gameplay of the Japanese version (with interpreting from one of the presenters)
  • Humperfunk 16 Jun 2021 22:29:58 8,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Massively looking forward to this. I'm currently playing SMT3 (and have four out of six endings so just polishing it off) and it's very good considering how old it is. The vids for 5 look really good to me.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.