less than a week to go...

• dadrester 26 Sep 2005 16:45:26 2,551 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    ...till i finish work and jet off to Tokyo, then Bangkok, then Singapore, then Perth, then Sydney, then Auckland, then...

\o/

So I'll no longer be about much. I'll be travelling for a month before we get to New Zealand then 6 months in a camper there and then toff to the Cook islands, and travelling around the USA and Canada on the way back. With lots of mini geekmeets planned on the way. GingerMagician in Tokyo, Duncan in Thailand and Otto in Ottawa on the way back (if it's still OK with you guys. I'll drop you a mail in a day or so Duncan).

What's the best photobucket type free image hosting people have come up with? I'll occasionally update everyone with my snaps of Japanese girls, robot toys and funnily named products :D

Also recommend me; a GBA, DS or PSP game to go away with, that i don't have to order from abroad. i was hoping for lost in blue, GTA or talkman but alas I'll have to wait for them.

So then... my second, sort of, goodbye thread. Mind you, I'll be here till Thursday.

/awaits "you were here?" responses
  • Milk 26 Sep 2005 16:54:52 2,253 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    /is jealous

That sounds like a fantastic trip! You going on your own?
  • Deleted user 26 September 2005 17:02:27
    dadrester wrote:
    ...Mind you, I'll be here till Thursday
    , try the veal!
  • dadrester 26 Sep 2005 17:05:26 2,551 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    nah... going with my lass (who is doing PhD research in New Zealand) and also meeting up/staying with friends (non-EGers) just about everywhere else we're going. can't wait. JAPAN!!!!
  • dadrester 26 Sep 2005 17:07:28 2,551 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Djini wrote:
    dadrester wrote:
    ...Mind you, I'll be here till Thursday
    , try the veal!

i think i'll stick to the curtains for that sort of thing... or should that be i'll stick the curtains.
  • Deleted user 26 September 2005 17:12:38
    It was a Shrek quote. How could you not know that!

/demands eveyone watch Shrek... 50 times minimum!
  • dadrester 27 Sep 2005 09:51:01 2,551 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    so, can anyone recommend decent, free image hosting? or a handheld game?
  • Machiavel 27 Sep 2005 09:55:47 5,964 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Djini wrote:
    It was a Shrek quote. How could you not know that!

/demands eveyone watch Shrek... 50 times minimum!

My baby daughter has made me watch Shrek at least 50 times. It's a great film.

Unfortunately she has also made me watch Shrek II 50 times - I am now sick of life! ;)
  • dadrester 27 Sep 2005 11:31:58 2,551 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    well our mate is meeting us from the airport and taking us to a hotel/hostel he's found, and i'm not really sure after that... it's the only part of the first month we've not really planned, mainly because said mate has been over there for a few months now (well in Malaysia an Cambodia too) and we figured he'd be able to show us round. we're planning on a few daytrips but we'll be staying mainly in bangkok i guess.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:50:19
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.