Serenity: the comicbook request(+ FAO bivith)

• Derblington 2 Oct 2005 14:33:15 33,834 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Firstly, bivith, I went into London today to get my books and grab Serenity for you but everywhere had sold out! It's been insanely popular apparently and they're re-selling issue 1 for 10 each (I have 3 copies - w00t!), and I didn't think you'd want to pay that. I've been getting all 3 covers to each issue but because of demand I only got one cover to issue 3 :(

So, if anyone finds the issue 3 covers 'Wash' and 'Simon' on their travels, I don't suppose you could grab them for me and perhaps help bivith out too (otherwise wait for the trade paperback)?

Much appreciated chaps :)
  • Derblington 2 Oct 2005 18:50:37 33,834 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    bump.
  • Phattso 2 Oct 2005 19:11:40 25,705 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'll have to have a look in some of the local places. If memory serves there's an half-decent place in Rochester, which is probably the closest to me.

With the film just around the corner I really want to get my hands on these. :)
  • bivith 2 Oct 2005 23:12:21 2,469 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thanks for trying Derb. I wouldn't want to pay that much. I'd heard that they were selling out, so I kind of expected that you wouldn't be able to get them.

Cheers anyway!
  • DaisyD 2 Oct 2005 23:35:54 11,816 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I have the Wash cover. :)

But if you want Wash or Simon covers (or bivith, if you want the whole collection without paying 10 each for them) go to Comix-Shop. It's where I got mine.
  • Derblington 2 Oct 2005 23:53:04 33,834 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Daisy, you are a star! Honestly, you have totally made my night. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

I owe you... er... something :)
  • Phattso 3 Oct 2005 00:02:07 25,705 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DaisyD wrote:
    But if you want Wash or Simon covers (or bivith, if you want the whole collection without paying 10 each for them) go to Comix-Shop. It's where I got mine.

I'd never heard of them, but I really fancy getting this set. So with that personal recommendation, if they scam my credit card I trust you'll have them arrested for me? ;-)
  • DaisyD 3 Oct 2005 14:52:46 11,816 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Daisy, you are a star! Honestly, you have totally made my night. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

I owe you... er... something :)
    /face reddens

Awww, shucks. It was nothin'. Just spreading the good word of Serenity. ;)

PhattsoI'd never heard of them, but I really fancy getting this set. So with that personal recommendation, if they scam my credit card I trust you'll have them arrested for me? ;-)

Lol!! Of course! But i've used them a fair bit and they've never scammed me yet. They're not the fastest at delivery, but it's always turned up, all boarded and bagged and sent in a stiff envelope.
  • Phattso 3 Oct 2005 15:25:23 25,705 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DaisyD wrote:
    PhattsoI'd never heard of them, but I really fancy getting this set. So with that personal recommendation, if they scam my credit card I trust you'll have them arrested for me? ;-)

Lol!! Of course! But i've used them a fair bit and they've never scammed me yet. They're not the fastest at delivery, but it's always turned up, all boarded and bagged and sent in a stiff envelope.

Well, I placed the order last night and I've pre-booked my ticket to see the film on Thursday.

So, history of slow delivery or not, if I don't get these comics by Thursday morning at the latest I expect to watch the news that evening and see you and your colleagues raiding their premises and dealing out some justice on my behalf, OK? ;-)

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up in the first place. :)
  • DaisyD 3 Oct 2005 15:52:10 11,816 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hehehe. Small problem though - although they're only in Maidenhead, that's TVP ground and I'm Herts. But, I'll call my mum who lives up the road in Reading and ask her to send her local officer, Jenna, to sort them out for you. ;)
  • Phattso 13 Oct 2005 11:00:44 25,705 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Comics finally arrived this morning - just read the first one, and it's all good.

Took an age to arrive, mind - I can only assume that they were hand packed by monks and then shipped by mystical donkeys. Nothing else would explain it taking nearly a fortnight to arrive. ;)

Still - at least it did actually arrive, so I'm already trawling through the comix-shop site for my next purchase. I'm thinking the Conan series might get a look in.
  • Derblington 13 Oct 2005 11:14:18 33,834 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Conan's ok but I stopped getting it about 2 months ago.

I ordered the 2 issue 3 covers I needed for Serenity but they cocked it up and are all sold out of the Phillips cover :(
  • Phattso 13 Oct 2005 11:15:32 25,705 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I ordered the 2 issue 3 covers I needed for Serenity but they cocked it up and are all sold out of the Phillips cover :(

Yeah, I didn't get the covers I ordered either. Thankfully I don't care - I just want what's inside 'em for now. :)
  • DaisyD 13 Oct 2005 17:27:31 11,816 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm a bit annoyed at that comic shop at the moment - my comics (not Serenity as I already had them) turned up 2 days ago and they've sent the wrong issue of one of them. Still haven't had a reply to my e-mail about it yet either. Definately only going to use them if I can't get what I want from my preferred online comic supplier.
  • Phattso 13 Oct 2005 18:55:02 25,705 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DaisyD wrote:
    Definately only going to use them if I can't get what I want from my preferred online comic supplier.

Care to share the identity of this other online comic supplier? :)
  • tengu 8 May 2007 19:54:54 10,294 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.