Augh!! I dropped my mp3 player!! Page 2

Next Last
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,322 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ->Blerk: That's a fantastic idea. Only one problem: she already knows I broke it, because I whinged massively when I did it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. If only I had your brains.

->ssuellid: Hmmm, batteries out, yes, few minutes, no. Will try that.

Edited by otto at 10:09:14 17-06-2003
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    It was some exceedingly cheap model from Korea, got it as a Christmas present a couple of years back. Only has 32mb capacity, so just enough for the commute to work and back, but hardly worth claiming for. If the reset doesn't work, I'll do the open heart surgery thing and then turn it into some installation art.

The reset might work though, because when I first tried using it with my PC I remember I had a similar problem with one of the flash cards, but a few weeks later it worked.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Be careful though.
    Cripes! I will!

Interesting stuff happens in Michigan eh?
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    It's a bit weird, these things aren't supposed to happen with solid state, are they? And the funny thing is, the electrics seem to work fine in every other respect. The LCD works, as does the equalizer, volume control, etc. Anyway, yay for your dad - \o/
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Just popped down the shops to see how much a replacement would cost me.

Too much. :(
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Well I think my mp3 player is well & truly f00ked, I tried resetting it, opened it up, poked around a bit, nothing looks as if it needs soldering, everything seems to work except it won't recognise the memory cards. :(

Unless... can memory cards be rendered unusable by a hard jolt? Seeing as the electronics on the mp3 player itself all seem to be working fine. Only I'm loath to go and spend 40 quid on a new memory card just on the off-chance...

Anyway, I've just gone and dropped 230 quid this lunchtime on a beautiful Minolta Dynax 5 SLR so no mp3 choons for me for a while, it would seem...
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    WOPR wrote:
    I've got a Minolta Dynax 505si sitting in my cupboard at home that's never been used since we bought the digital one...
    :p

/me strokes new toy
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.