Doing a Season...

• Size11 4 Oct 2005 10:51:54 1 posts
    Registered 14 years ago
    "Ooooh, now where'd I put me socks? ah! thats better..."

Right, I've been thinking a lot recently about quitting my job and doing something fun for a while... This is potentially a dumb thing to do as I have what most would consider to be a 'sweet job' at a games company, but it's really not making me happy, at all...

I love Snowboarding, love the mountains, and it seems like this year might be the right one to get off my arse and go and do it...

So I need some advice... Have any of you lot done season work? It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't know where to start, any companies that are known for being better than others? locations? any bad stories?

In an ideal world i'd like to do a job that involves a lot of driving, or bar work... My french is basic, but I can just about get by. chalet work i.e. cooking, is off the cards.

/is rubbish in the kitchen

Any start points really appreciated!
  • Spanky 4 Oct 2005 10:56:27 14,962 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You could always do that camp america thingy, lots of people i know did it and said it was great fun.

Either that or tattie picking. ;)
  • Deleted user 4 October 2005 11:00:38
    Spanky wrote:
    You could always do that camp america thingy, lots of people i know did it and said it was great fun.

Either that or tattie picking. ;)

You'd have to wait until next summer at least, maybe even the summer after that as I know Camp America recruit in September for the following summer.

I'd check out some Snowboarding/Skiiiong teaching type places, My gf did "le gap", ski instructing in Canada for a year, could be worth a go. If you do fancy tattie picking but a bit more glam, you could go and pick figs on an Israeli Kibbutz or something. Nicer weather.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.