Pr0n Filter Software Page 2

Next Last
  • Blerk Moderator 19 Jun 2003 16:01:57 48,222 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I do not have a credit card. I have never had a credit card. I will never want a credit card. This seems to make me 'public enemy number one' for the credit card companies, who are currently trying to drown me in junk mail. Bastards.
  • Shivoa 19 Jun 2003 16:04:11 6,314 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    >a card that costs me over thirty quid a year just for the privilege of possessing one

They still do that? I though they'd all moved on to making money from people who don't pay off 100% of the card each month rather than charging you just for the card.
  • Shivoa 19 Jun 2003 16:11:28 6,314 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Forgot why I clicked reply just then. Here we go:

>I blame it on the assholes who actually answer those ads, because if they didn't then no one would be sending them. Chumps.

Agreed. I never though anyone could be so idiotic and make any of these stupid things work out for the creators. But then one of my housemates asked to burn a word doc to CD as it cost him 15. I turns out he paid 15 for one of those stupid 'learn how to do X' manuals you see on ebay all the time. 15 for an emailed copy of a word doc that was 5 pages of addresses to places that work on set design (theatre) that might give you a job. I knew a few of them because I and friends had done work for the companies and the addresses were no secret. It was so retarded I thought I should kill the guy there and then and help evolution a bit.

Argh. Desire to kill housemate rising. Must kill the stupid one! He could have given me 15 and I'd have been able to produce the same list.
  • Nemesis 19 Jun 2003 16:28:00 19,957 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Kill all credit card companies! Seriously!

I don't have a credit card. The bank want me to have one.

I don't have a switch card. The bank want me to have one.

I don't have a loan......the bank....you get the idea.

I once went over my overdraft via Switch and the bank went into a fucking frenzy. 25 quid per letter, 25 quid penalty for paying something they didn't have to. Complained to buggery, but it was my fault and I gave them the card back. Been on Solo ever since. Cunts cost me 200 quid, because no-one told me there was a problem. I don't check the account every day. The said it wasn't their job to. Go figure!

I'm giving my credit card company the boot. I've had it for donkey's years, last month I forgot to pay the minimum (first time ever).

Oho, I remember my ex and storecards. She'd pay the miniumum required each month, then tell me that would pay it back...gradually. Wasn't until I pointed out the interest for the month actually WAS the minimum payment and therefore she'd get no-where fast..../sad shake of head
  • Steven-Huckle 19 Jun 2003 16:36:06 852 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Nem, nat west used to charge me for letters so I charged them for having to write on back and they paid (the ONLY thing they ever did for me).
  • Nemesis 19 Jun 2003 16:38:00 19,957 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    NO WAY!

You cheeky jammy git!
  • Steven-Huckle 19 Jun 2003 16:42:20 852 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    NO WAY!

You cheeky jammy git!

They then fucked me over nicely when I sent a cheque in to clear my over draft (that was in 2 names and needed to be in mine) by sending me a final letter asking me to send back my cards cut up and my cheque book cut up. Cunts, been with them about 9 years, they seemed fine for the first 7 while I was self employed, soon as I get a proper job the shit all over me.
  • Nemesis 19 Jun 2003 16:48:17 19,957 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yeah, you don't *have* to. I'm closing a business account with them which has been dormant for ages, I just said it's all destroyed already.

They fucked me over (Natwest) and I'd been with them for nigh on 12 years. They lost all my business, which would now equate to about 200K, plus my personal account, personal loans and stuff I had running. Their loss.
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,322 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    True dat. My three year old hotmail address is currently attracting about five e-mails a day offering me the joy of seeing young teens banged in the ass (sic), my six-month-old account gets around 20 a day. As far as I'm aware I've *never* put the latter e-mail address up anywhere on the web, so how are these spammers getting access to my box? Eh?

Anyone see that Money Programme special on spamtards last night? Seriously, these bastards should be locked up. And made to eat every last byte.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I'm giving my credit card company the boot. I've had it for donkey's years, last month I forgot to pay the minimum (first time ever). Within two weeks I'd got two threatening letters and a PHONE CALL to my home! Having paid it, I've since received two letters from them trying to flog me credit payment insurance. All because I'd forgotten to pay them their measly thirty quid minimum payment on time. For a card that costs me over thirty quid a year just for the privilege of possessing one.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Oh man. Now I'm remembering the time my dad - retired university lecturer in maths and computing! - paid twenty quid to send me an online birthday card "with a personalised musical message"! *cringe*

Fortunately/unfortunately the message never arrived, Dad was duly embarrassed but incredibly got the bloke (who had an address in Wales) to refund him.

Jeez I hope I never embarrass my kids like that...
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.