Warioworld

• Deleted user 18 June 2003 20:41:18
    .::: I wasn't expecting anything at all. It turns out to be a 'normal' platformer. A bit like Crash Bandicoot only horizontally with a few 'void' setpieces ala Sunshine. Just move around stomping bad guys, picking up treasure and finding switches and such. Warioland 4 without the heavy amount of powerups.

It's nothing stellar, but for some reason strangely entertaining. Then again it's been ages since I've touched a normal platformer which was just mindnumbing fun instead of 'revolutionary', '3D' or 'movie/cartoon license'.

BTW; this game wins the MOST ANNOYING PAUSE-MENU THEME EVER!!!! "Nyaaa nyaaa nya nya nyaaa~!!!" (O_o)
    For the Treasure addicts; there is absolutely nothing in the game which makes it evident that this is a Treasure game. Go buy Ikaruga if you want to boast like that. :p
  • Pirotic Moderator 18 Jun 2003 20:53:34 20,642 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Agree'd, the first few worlds are the worst, its ok once you get into it.
  • Blerk Moderator 19 Jun 2003 09:34:13 48,222 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I was hoping for more than 'okay', though.

/scratches from 'want' list, adds to 'maybe when it's on budget' list
  • Deleted user 19 June 2003 11:24:18
    .::: Which by all means you should do. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at full price, unless you're a platformer nut.
    Also the "4 world with two levels and a boss each" doesn't exactly make the game big or anything.

And yet... why is it so fun to play?
  • shirubagan 19 Jun 2003 12:23:43 954 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Cyhwuhx wrote:
    For the Treasure addicts; there is absolutely nothing in the game which makes it evident that this is a Treasure game.

Cyhwuhx wrote:
    why is it so fun to play?

There you go - question answered. It's like Tiny Toons: Busters Bad Dream on the GBA... arse generic idea, completely underwhelmed when I first played it, can't put it down... must... kill... giant robot!
  • Deleted user 19 June 2003 13:24:47
    .::: Now that you mention it, that incredbile must-play charm is probably it. I was looking for some more traditional influences but this one fits just fine as well.
    It might also be a game which I complete within a week... A rare occurence indeed.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.