Microsoft slams Nintendo strategy Page 2

Next Last
  • AnotherMartin 19 Jun 2003 17:03:34 6,229 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    FeZZ wrote:
    then you are nerds.

Yes we're nerds, this is a gaming site after all. What the fcuk did you expect. Now why don't you just piss of to Maxim.com where all the really cool guys hang out.

Oh and btw, you don't work for Nokia by any chance do you?
  • Alastair 19 Jun 2003 17:08:27 24,560 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    AnotherMartin wrote:
    Yes we're nerds, this is a gaming site after all. What the fcuk did you expect.

He's got a point you know!
  • FWB 19 Jun 2003 17:17:44 56,367 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    FeZZ wrote:
    And it's not because you like games that you are by defenition a nerd.

It is in my book.

That and the fact that:

a) I spend all day posting here instead of work
    b) I'm sexually frustrated
    c) I have a small penis
    d) I repulse the opposite sex
    e) The highlight of my day is when I throw my hand into the selection bag of crisps, wondering what I'm going to get

I don't have a GBA SP though.

Edited by FWB at 16:19:53 19-06-2003
  • Alastair 19 Jun 2003 17:20:12 24,560 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Keyser_Soze wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    Keyser_Soze wrote:
    Multi-player link-ups definitly are, but calling someone a faggot from half way across the globe doesn't seem very soical to me.

Of course not, you should be calling them a Donit!
    :o)

Could someone clear up what exacly a donit is, with links to relavent threads:)

I found the root of all donits:
    Some Guy
    22-Mar-03 01:51:44 You dont know what a donit is? A donit? Ya know those things cops eat? Donits? OMG... Well anyway, prada is a not-cool person, and i do not agree with the actions that this child has been participating in in the past 3 hours... ok? And blerk, u old horse bangin skank, i aint no damn mugwai(did i spell that right, johns?) And if you dont know what a ?mugwai? is then go eat a "donit".
  • shirubagan 19 Jun 2003 17:34:29 954 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Has anyone joined to an XBL server then placed their mic by the stereo and pumped out Chas N Dave to counteract those damn Yankee kids swearing? I reckon it'd learn 'em good.

Brats.
  • lennon 19 Jun 2003 17:35:36 249 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Shivoa wrote:
    >one bloke on his own with a beer and a console

Sounds like someone might want to think about leaving the house sometimes. Remember, drinking is not a solo sport. Ever!

I never drink when playing games it gives me a massive head ache and I just end up puking everywhere so hopefully that quashes that one :)

Point is what is a nerd? Is it someone who playes games on his own? Or someone who gets mates round to play games with him? I dont know and I dont really care :)
  • lennon 19 Jun 2003 17:37:03 249 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    FeZZ wrote:
    Pot. Kettle. Colour that's not white. etc.

You really should think about a nintendo pr job.

That would be a challenging job :)
  • BartonFink 19 Jun 2003 17:41:04 35,268 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    otto wrote:
    FeZZ wrote:
    *sigh* hoooo FeZZ called you a nerd.
    Lets all act as if something bit us up the ass.
    When exactly did everyone lose their sence of humor ?
    Wait wait I know the answer to this one, pink?
  • Blerk Moderator 19 Jun 2003 17:43:47 48,222 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    And blerk, u old horse bangin skank

lol! I miss him... :-)
  • AnotherMartin 19 Jun 2003 17:47:12 6,229 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    FeZZ wrote:

It wasn't so much that you called people nerds it's more to do with wtf do you expect on a gaming site.

What's so wrong about gaming being a social activity and one with which you can enjoy a beer with your mates?

tbh, i would love it if more of my friends busted out GBA's at gettogethers house parties etc. It would sure as hell beat sitting around chatting about football, that twat in the office that pissed them off that week and women they're never going to meet let alone 'shag the arse off'. Obviously not all the time but every now and again would be good.
  • pjmaybe 19 Jun 2003 18:06:00 70,666 posts
    Seen 12 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    And blerk, u old horse bangin skank

lol! I miss him... :-)

I think that's gotta rate as one of the best insults I've ever seen on here.

Peej
  • lost_soul 19 Jun 2003 18:11:17 9,372 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    otto wrote:
    FeZZ wrote:
    What's up with you anyway, otto?
    You are so pro-nintendo that you can't have it that someone says one bad word about it.You really should think about a nintendo pr job.
    Ah FeZZ, it's good to have you back. You've obviously not been reading the forum much or you wouldn't have written that. :)
    Yeah, otto has an Xbox now and has become an M$ fanboi :-)
  • Deleted user 19 June 2003 18:17:13
    Shit I missed FeZZ calling me a nerd but I think the regulars did a nice job of backing me up:)
  • Deleted user 19 June 2003 18:21:19
    FeZZ wrote:
    I was saying playing link up games with your mates 'round and a few beers is more social than someone alone in their home roaring at some other twat on the end of the line.

If you have the kind of friends that all get around a table, take out some cold ones and then start playing on your gameboys, then you are nerds.
    And nerds don't drink beer.

I was making an example. I enjoy playing single player console games with the odd game of two player Fifa. But yes I would consider playing videogames with real people next to you far more interesting than barking at some silly kids. Oh and FeZZ who mentioned sitting around a table with Gameboys? I haven't got a GB (yet)
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,322 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    The GBA link-up feature is certainly interesting! You should have seen the nerds at the EG geekmeet Mario-karting each other. ;)

MS talking defensively out of their arse as usual. Having bet the farm on XBL, they're probably beginning to realise that their focus groups consisting of Tycho, Gabe and a few Redmond Tribes clan geeks don't actually represent real people.

Which is more popular, which has more potential: mobile handheld gaming, or console broadband multiplayer? It's bloody obvious, but if you need to see the proof, go and compare XBL sales figures to GBA-SP sales figures over a comparable period.

Edited by otto at 14:31:13 19-06-2003
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    You need to dig out that WWE thread and read the comments made by 'some guy'.

edit - here, let me oblige

Edited by otto at 15:35:47 19-06-2003
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    *sigh* Congratulations FeZZ, how to win the neutrals round to your side of the argument, hit a gaming forum with gamer stereotypes (c) the Daily Mail. Nice one.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Funny isn't it how one nerd's self-image is the opposite of another nerd's self-image?
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    FeZZ wrote:
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    FeZZ wrote:
    What's up with you anyway, otto?
    You are so pro-nintendo that you can't have it that someone says one bad word about it.You really should think about a nintendo pr job.
    Ah FeZZ, it's good to have you back. You've obviously not been reading the forum much or you wouldn't have written that. :)
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yeah well no major change in my case, I still hate MS as much as ever and I haven't bought an Xbox. :) I'm also still *not* a Nintendo fanboy and if anything a bit less positive about them as I've not been enjoying their first party titles as much as I thought I would. Zelda I think was great but I honestly don't rate it *that* much better than Starfox Adventures, I prefer Skies of Arcadia to both, and I haven't bought Metroid and I won't be buying Warioland. So, yet again, please don't think my blinkered anti-Microsoft vitriol has anything to do with my Cube. It's just that I really, really don't like Microsoft. OK? :)
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:47:24
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.