The League Cup Page 237

• Frogofdoom 8 Jan 2020 11:07:32 16,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That fuckwit Pogba who contributed 13 goals and 9 assists last year. Which made him both top scorer and top assister in our premier league squad.

You have also dodged the question of what has he done to get the job that he has in his managerial career? You are struggling to detach the emotions you have towards him as a player and see him as a manager. He is woefully under qualified to do the job and has made us regress from where we were under Mourinho.
  • General_Martok 8 Jan 2020 11:20:10 1,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    That fuckwit Pogba who contributed 13 goals and 9 assists last year. Which made him both top scorer and top assister in our premier league squad.

You have also dodged the question of what has he done to get the job that he has in his managerial career? You are struggling to detach the emotions you have towards him as a player and see him as a manager. He is woefully under qualified to do the job and has made us regress from where we were under Mourinho.
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Ok forget that he played for the club, what has he done to give you any impression that he is the right man for the job? This can go back to before he managed us as well.
    I answered your question. I didn't go back to before he managed us. He's clearly never managed a club like Man Utd before, so if that's your qualification for the job then we're fucked.

We haven't regressed from Mourinho, maybe in terms of points but not in terms of playing football, WHEN we actually play. We are more inconsistent.

What's the alternative? We'll be bitching about any new manager within in 6 months. The club is fucked top to bottom.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Jan 2020 11:24:01 16,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The only time we play is if teams let's us counter them, if they dont we are clueless.

There is a huge gulf between having managed a club like united and being branded Cardiffs worst ever. Also I have already said I would attempt to bring in Poch and tell him he has 3 years to build a team.
  • General_Martok 8 Jan 2020 11:26:09 1,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    The only time we play is if teams let's us counter them, if they dont we are clueless.

There is a huge gulf between having managed a club like united and being branded Cardiffs worst ever. Also I have already said I would attempt to bring in Poch and tell him he has 3 years to build a team.
    And I've said we'll be bitching about anyone new in 6 months. :)

Edited by General_Martok at 11:26:15 08-01-2020
  • Frogofdoom 8 Jan 2020 11:40:08 16,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's highly flawed logic. Just because it hasnt worked we should stick with someone where is never will.
  • General_Martok 8 Jan 2020 12:01:09 1,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    That's highly flawed logic. Just because it hasnt worked we should stick with someone where is never will.
    And sacking the manager over and over again hoping it will work eventually isn't flawed?
  • General_Martok 8 Jan 2020 12:02:29 1,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Appoint someone to do the football business (Transfers and Scouting) and then fix the manager cause that's the problem that hasn't even been attempted to be fixed yet.
  • SolidSCB 8 Jan 2020 12:05:41 12,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We need to let go of this idea that someone is going to come in and magically spend 20 odd years managing us again. The chances are beyond remote. Immediate results and signs of improvement and an upward trajectory are just as important as where we are in 5 years time.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Jan 2020 12:14:30 16,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Moyes and Solskjaer were horrific appointments.

Van Gaal didnt deserve to be sacked but his football was painful and his coaching can still be seen in some of our players today with their sideways passing.

Mourinho made his own position untenable.
  • General_Martok 8 Jan 2020 13:26:20 1,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    We need to let go of this idea that someone is going to come in and magically spend 20 odd years managing us again. The chances are beyond remote. Immediate results and signs of improvement and an upward trajectory are just as important as where we are in 5 years time.
    We also need to get out of the idea that changing the manager is going to fix the problem for us cause it's not going to with Woodward in charge of football business.
  • SolidSCB 8 Jan 2020 14:12:26 12,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We all know that, and unfortunately there's fuck all we can do about it. The cunt will be there until either the club is sold or dividends take a hit because our performances on the pitch have caught up with us financially.

That being said, we can and should be doing a lot better currently. He's spent over £100m on our defence this summer and clean sheets are still as rare as rocking horse shit. There's no excusing it.
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 14:14:51 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I wanted Ole to stay, but if he can't get the board to overhaul the squad with at least 5 or 6 players it is completely lost. But can someone tough, such as Simeone, come in and make those demands? Maybe.

I still want Ole to get a chance though, and I really don't call this a chance. Having to play Greenwood and Gomez in a Manchester Derby because there is nobody else? Joke. We had LVG and Jose running about with players like Di Maria, Mikhitarian, Herrera, Ibra, Sanchez, a fit Pogba, etc, and they were still awful. Ole has been allowed to get a center back, and two players from lower league teams?

Don't want Poch. Won nothing with a really good Spurs team.
  • mikew1985 8 Jan 2020 14:22:44 14,702 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:

Don't want Poch. Won nothing with a really good Spurs team.
    I'm not in favour of getting rid of Ole but this argument is complete bollocks. He created a really good spurs team. If your only qualification for a good manager in this day and age is "did guy win trophies duh?" Then you end up with Jose instead of the exciting attacking manager.

He's a fantastic manager that I would love to have at there club but I don't think the timing is going to work out.

Edited by mikew1985 at 14:23:13 08-01-2020
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 14:26:37 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well he will be inheriting a very shit team. Unless he is gonna be allowed to sign a lot of players he's not gonna create anything good. He also sat back and allowed Spurs to not spend, and the team went to shit.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 8 Jan 2020 14:27:15 2,865 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Poor Ole with his shit squad and his brave efforts to fix it by spunking £80m on Harry Maguire.
    :D
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 14:28:45 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/ranking-all-25-signings-tottenham-have-made-under-mauricio-pochettino/

About 3 of these were good.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 8 Jan 2020 14:32:32 2,865 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All better than recent united signings though
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 14:52:11 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yes, Clinton NíJie for 12 million is better than James.
  • creepiest-lizard 8 Jan 2020 15:09:55 1,170 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So as far as I can see, the Manu fans that want Ole to stay's argument is that the squad is shit anyway so might as well stick with him. Oh and that the owners are also shit so might as well stick with him.
    Bizarre logic
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 15:35:14 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mine is that I'd like him given a proper chance, otherwise what was the actual point.

Playing Linegard, Periera, Matic, Fred, Young, Mata, Jones, etc, and all the academy players week in week out is not that. But if a strong character can come in and get the board to get their finger out I'd be up for that too.
  • SolidSCB 8 Jan 2020 16:05:49 12,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He's been given a proper chance. Herrera left, he never replaced him and just giggled it off and let the midfield rot. Right, okay, he prioritised improving our most leaky defence in the PL era. That's fair enough. Tidy up at the back and work our way up. We were never winning the league this season either way.

We've kept 3 clean sheets. Defensively we're fucking pathetic and no better off than we were last season £130m later. Fuck having a one goal lead and defending it, there's no chance of it happening. Anyone can score against us anytime. If I can feel it watching at home, how the fuck are they feeling on the pitch? What sort of coaching are they getting that makes them look so amateur and vulnerable all the time?

It won't get any better.
  • General_Martok 8 Jan 2020 16:09:42 1,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    He's been given a proper chance. Herrera left, he never replaced him and just giggled it off and let the midfield rot. Right, okay, he prioritised improving our most leaky defence in the PL era. That's fair enough. Tidy up at the back and work our way up. We were never winning the league this season either way.

We've kept 3 clean sheets. Defensively we're fucking pathetic and no better off than we were last season £130m later. Fuck having a one goal lead and defending it, there's no chance of it happening. Anyone can score against us anytime. If I can feel it watching at home, how the fuck are they feeling on the pitch? What sort of coaching are they getting that makes them look so amateur and vulnerable all the time?

It won't get any better.
    All the time?!

Are we in the relegation zone?
  • Frogofdoom 8 Jan 2020 16:21:58 16,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No you are right we are keeping clean sheets on an almost weekly basis.

If you cant see Lindelof is a liability then I'm not sure what you are watching.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 16:22:16 08-01-2020
  • General_Martok 8 Jan 2020 16:24:37 1,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's clearly a problem but you guys seem to think that everything will be magically solved by sacking Ole.

You also don't seem to remember the times where we haven't been shit, conveniently. :p
  • creepiest-lizard 8 Jan 2020 16:28:05 1,170 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I remember. All three of them
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 16:29:00 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, exactly. The defence was the problem, but then Herrera left, afro samurai left, matic got shit, Pogba got forever injured, and they weren't replaced/need replaced. I can't believe he didn't ask the board for more during the summer.

It's something I've been hearing a lot recently. When Fergie was there players were basically replaced before they even leave. Now we have strikers and Midfielders leaving left and right and they aren't even replaced. Crazy.

And yeah, Lindelof is piss weak. Another shit Mourinho signing.
  • reddevil93 8 Jan 2020 16:41:36 15,381 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We also have barely played a first choice 11 all season.
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 16:55:27 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Will be surprised if we ever get a result against anyone with a Fred, Pereira, Lingard midfield. That 3 cannot ever play again. Zero defensive or creative quality in that. Basically like playing 3 of these.
  • Dougs 8 Jan 2020 17:11:03 93,664 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It seems clear to me that Utds defensive problems are largely structural rather than only personnel. Much like Arsenal under Emery. Early days under Arteta but already we look much better defensively and that's a change in system (we still look fucked without Torriera in front of the back 4 mind you). So yeah, changing managers might just work. Whilst no one wants to chop and change, if the right manager is available, I'd be wanting them to pull the trigger.
  • JYM60 8 Jan 2020 17:15:33 18,406 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You have a wealth of holding/defensive midfielders. Sure they're not amazing. But Xhaka is better than what we have :/

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.