Shadowmarch - New Tad Williams series

• Neverness 21 Nov 2005 17:36:08 1,186 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Hadn't realised Tad Williams was writing a new series but spotted part one, Shadowmarch, in Waterstones this lunchtime.

Anybody read it yet?

Any good?

Just hoping it will be another Memory Sorrow and Thorn, not a repeat of Otherland.
  • matrim83 21 Nov 2005 18:44:07 5,712 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Only thing I read of Tad is MST and books 2 and 3 were brilliant. Shades of George Martin as he focuses on a lot of differant characters.

I'll definatly pick something else by him as soon as I finish Song of Ice and Fire 4.
  • Neverness 22 Nov 2005 09:18:19 1,186 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Actually I had heared about his online stuff, though didn't realise this was an expansion of it. There is a selection of chapters on his website which having had a quick scan last night feel rather childish in their style.

War of the Flowers was good but left me wishing it had been expanded a bit more. Only two books mind, no more!

Otherland started so well, then did the same as MS&T in that it had a second book that felt like a filler then went good again in the third. Unfortionatly, after a nice conclusion in the third he managed to squeze out another tome to make the series outstay its welcome somewhat.
  • Inigo 22 Nov 2005 10:33:08 154 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I bought the book ages ago but have never got around to starting it. There seems to be lots of good books to read. The prologue seems quite interesting though, i would also be interested to no what its like?
  • Genji 22 Nov 2005 10:34:14 19,682 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I liked Otherland, except for the last book in the series. It was a nice change from the Thorn, Sorrow, series which I found painfully generic.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:54:52
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.