Following Documentary recommendations Page 23

  • RelaxedMikki 14 Jul 2019 23:12:25 3,214 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fourwisemen wrote:
    @RelaxedMikki

    Where is the M.I.A. documentary screened? TV or Streaming service?
    It was on BBC. Looks to still be available on iplayer.
  • cowell 16 Jul 2019 07:48:14 2,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Great Hip Hop Hoax is back on iPlayer as part of the Storyville series. Giving it a rewatch as itís a ridiculous, hilarious story of the music industry getting trolled
  • cowell 25 Jul 2019 08:55:17 2,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Great Hack is up now on Netflix.

    Brexit, Trump, Facebook, Cambridge Analytica. Right up my street
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 27 Aug 2019 21:30:30 12,529 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BBC iPlayer has added this 1974 documentary about Dracula. 70s Britain just drips with spook vibes.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p027vs31/tuesday-documentary-the-dracula-business
  • JamesUK 27 Aug 2019 22:31:27 809 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also on iPlayer,

    Minding the Gap is an excellent coming of age doc following the lives a 3 skateboarders in deprived US city.

    Masters of the Canvas. A doc about artist Peter Blake's wish to paint the wrestler Kendo Nagasaki.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Aug 2019 04:36:53 25,409 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe
    Nice one.
    Just watched The Block from the same series. Unbelievable squalor and sad to watch, but fascinating. Also the documentary is from 1972, my year of birth.
  • Deleted user 28 August 2019 05:52:39
    @DUFFMAN5

    Bollocks. You're far older than that! ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Aug 2019 06:37:08 25,409 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Addy__
    Thanks mate :)
  • Deleted user 28 August 2019 06:39:41
    Just thought it would be nice to give you a pick me up to start the day.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Aug 2019 06:48:26 25,409 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Addy__
    :)
    I absolutely feel and probably look older...we both know the reason why that would be.
    I am still a sexy bitch though, no doubt like your good self.
  • arty 2 Oct 2019 21:47:48 669 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Anyone watching 'Spotlight on the Troubles: A Secret History' on BBC?

    A brutal watch and a horrific reminder.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Oct 2019 06:19:19 25,409 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @arty
    Assuming by the title that is about Ireland, I will definitely watch.
  • arty 3 Oct 2019 08:31:27 669 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Yeah it is. They've shown 4 (out of 7?) so far. It's on iPlayer.

    "Fifty years after troops were sent onto the streets of Northern Ireland, a leading team of investigative journalists uncover secrets about the decades-long conflict that claimed more than 3,700 lives."
  • cowell 8 Oct 2019 16:43:32 2,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not really a docco but Panorama were digging out some of those pick-up artists types. Creepy snake oil salesmen the lot of them
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Oct 2019 16:45:28 12,202 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, that was pretty awful. Those guys are fucking sociopaths
  • Stuz359 8 Oct 2019 19:23:33 212 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So we got the 'Rise of the Nazis' on iplayer at the moment. The weird thing is seeing parallels with our own society at the moment. I always thought it could never happen here, but am I seeing it happen before my eyes? (probably not, but interesting all the same).
  • richardiox 11 Nov 2019 14:58:11 8,005 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7905466/

    Thought this Peter Jackson WW1 thing last night on BBC 2 was really well done.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Nov 2019 23:48:35 12,529 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A British Guide To The End Of The World

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000b1gn/arena-a-british-guide-to-the-end-of-the-world

    Archive footage and audio stitched together to tell the story of Britain's nuclear experience from bomb testing through duck and cover Russian attack preparation.

    It's excellent
  • thelzdking 13 Nov 2019 05:04:01 9,906 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    A British Guide To The End Of The World

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000b1gn/arena-a-british-guide-to-the-end-of-the-world

    Archive footage and audio stitched together to tell the story of Britain's nuclear experience from bomb testing through duck and cover Russian attack preparation.

    It's excellent
    Cheers.
  • freddymercurystwin 13 Nov 2019 09:17:33 1,910 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Antarctica: A Year On Ice on Amazon Prime https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antarctica-Year-Ice-Anthony-Powell/dp/B07YLGP12Y
    A slice of life focusing on the extraordinary people/life they lead filmed by a wildlife photographer with an interest in stop motion, fascinating and mesmorising especially the skyscapes.
  • cowell 14 Nov 2019 08:57:11 2,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maradona in Mexico has just gone up on Netflix.

    Takes over as manager of a struggling Mexican league team. Based in Sinaloa - the home of the drug cartels.

    With hilarious consequences, I am suspecting.

    Edit: Watch Spanish with subs. The American English overdub is annoying

    Edited by cowell at 09:28:37 14-11-2019
  • DaM 14 Nov 2019 12:01:15 17,442 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    A British Guide To The End Of The World

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000b1gn/arena-a-british-guide-to-the-end-of-the-world

    Archive footage and audio stitched together to tell the story of Britain's nuclear experience from bomb testing through duck and cover Russian attack preparation.

    It's excellent
    Cheers.
    Arena is always good quality.

    I didn't realise that the Christmas Island veterans had such a good case. Over the years I just assumed it was accidental exposure, if any.

    Good to see the ROC - I'm really interested in these, and was allowed to join their veterans FB group. Sounds like they had a great laugh, but they had such a major role to play, as volunteers.
  • cowell 4 Feb 2020 10:53:54 2,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not for Resale looks promising. Coming to Amazon this week apparently

    https://www.gamestoredoc.com/

  • JamesUK 21 Mar 2020 20:35:14 809 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Diego Maradona (Asif Kapadia - Amy, Senna) is on C4 @ 9pm.
  • Vortex808 21 Mar 2020 20:38:05 13,632 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watched that at xmas & enjoyed it a lot, so it is recomeded.
  • Iwasexclusive 21 Mar 2020 22:00:56 91 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JamesUK wrote:
    Diego Maradona (Asif Kapadia - Amy, Senna) is on C4 @ 9pm.
    I would have thought this should be posted under the "Rate the last film you watched out..." thread as a comedy.
  • cowell 26 Mar 2020 19:16:47 2,116 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tiger King: Murder Mayhem Madness on Netflix.

    Am two episodes in and the story so far has been pretty barmy. A brilliant watch so far. I suspect that thereís going to be folks disputing the way the story is presented or thereíll be some critical omissions (like Making a Murderer) but itís been hilarious fun.
  • Gruff 26 Mar 2020 22:25:13 3,560 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    freddymercurystwin wrote:
    Antarctica: A Year On Ice on Amazon Prime https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antarctica-Year-Ice-Anthony-Powell/dp/B07YLGP12Y
    A slice of life focusing on the extraordinary people/life they lead filmed by a wildlife photographer with an interest in stop motion, fascinating and mesmorising especially the skyscapes.
    Thanks for the rec, best thing I have seen in awhile, a feast for the eyes.
  • TheSaint 26 Mar 2020 22:26:30 19,241 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    Tiger King: Murder Mayhem Madness on Netflix.

    Am two episodes in and the story so far has been pretty barmy. A brilliant watch so far. I suspect that thereís going to be folks disputing the way the story is presented or thereíll be some critical omissions (like Making a Murderer) but itís been hilarious fun.
    We are on episode 7 and itís still barmy.
  • Fonzie 27 Mar 2020 08:32:23 3,384 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Trial of Gabriel Fernandez is a great documentary, if a little harrowing. It's on Netflix, a tough watch but definitely recommended.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.