Running Page 79

Next Last
  • freddymercurystwin 30 Dec 2018 17:25:05 1,564 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've done nothing since the 22nd, except pile on the pounds (actually probably about a stone) for a couple of days now I've been telling myself I'll get back to some kind of healthy approach to eating and go for a run, it won't be today or tomorrow though and I have another week off work which will mean a scatterbrained approach to eating etc.
  • freddymercurystwin 14 Jan 2019 10:04:29 1,564 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ugh, first HM of the season the yesterday, Oh My Obelisk in Devon, about 2h.19 but 1600ft elevation ao bloody hard work and not a lot of fun, my own fault, a lack of exercise and eating crap over the festive period! Am losing my running mojo a bit guys! :( Goddamn New Year blues!
  • Vortex808 14 Jan 2019 11:14:58 12,940 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you're losing your mojo, take a wee bit of time off. I've been running for 20-odd years and was getting seriously fed up a few years back. Took a year off a year or so back and just ran when I felt like it, using mostly rowing to maintain some fitness.

After a break I am really enjoying running far more these days. I also joined a running group at work and the social runs are great fun, and help mix things up more. It also helps to mix up routes, and paces, since usually I'd do them at a slower pace than I usually would, so I'm not just ploughing on at my usual pace.

If I try to stick with the faster folk, then that helps too, albeit it hurts more at the time! ;-)
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Jan 2019 11:20:04 6,508 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum - would love to get back into running but still suffering from Plantar Fasciitis. Not done a lot of exercise over the past months so fitness wise have to start from scratch (which to be fair happens every winter unfortunately despite my best intentions).

Think I'll just get back into it slowly and see how it goes. Read that as long as you ease yourself into without over-doing things it should be ok.
  • Saucy 14 Jan 2019 19:39:39 2,764 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kids and a dodgy hamstring have severely hampered my running over the past few years. Hoping 2019 will be the year I find some consistency again.

For me the mojo has always been there, and Iíve found not being able to run much pretty deflating.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.