Running Page 86

Next Last
  • askew 23 May 2020 10:24:49 21,302 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @JoeBlade Any improvement? If not and I know it's not the best time for it - probably one for the GP.
  • General_Martok 23 May 2020 10:27:28 1,162 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I am running regularly for the first time in ages. It's only every second day at the moment, but the runs are (very slowly) getting easier in terms of cardio.

Shame about my knees, though. That's the hardest bit of it by far.
    Have you tried strength training your legs? Might help with the knees.
  • David_Richardson 23 May 2020 10:47:53 1,304 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I am running regularly for the first time in ages. It's only every second day at the moment, but the runs are (very slowly) getting easier in terms of cardio.

Shame about my knees, though. That's the hardest bit of it by far.
    I have similar issues. This may help you.
  • freddymercurystwin 24 May 2020 10:44:49 2,052 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    First run for a few weeks and considerable weight gain, could just manage 4.5m at a pace of 11.24 including walking a couple of times at the end of the hills (there are always bastard hills on my routes). I've never been a fast runner but Holy Shit. Depressing but good to get back out there.
  • retro74 24 May 2020 12:08:02 3,185 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Some chap I work with in his 50s that runs marathons told me not to worry about pace when you start back at it. Reckons the quickest way to get fit is longer runs at a slower pace which makes sense to me

I've done just over 90 miles total since I started back running in mid April and it's not been easy at all. I buy myself a little reward every 50 miles so not far off my second :)
  • freddymercurystwin 24 May 2020 12:54:03 2,052 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm not too pissed about it, it was still 11.24/mile quicker than sitting on me sofa! :)
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.