Think I'm getting stiffed on eBay! Page 3

Next Last
  • Bru-Man 23 May 2006 23:08:58 200 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    A quarter??!

How come? How much was it for in total?

"Insufficient funds" on behalf of the guy who stiffed me basically. They did say they would chase the rest up, but that was the beginning of April.
    Annoyingly the very first time I've ever had a problem with any eBay auction I've had since I started using it. Ho-hum :\
  • lilitu93 24 May 2006 02:28:14 33 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've had money refunded by filing a claim with Paypal before. Of course, this was a few years ago, and it was a much smaller amount.

I was under the impression that Paypal was more likely to refund the buyer than believe the seller in disputes, but then I've heard bad things happening both ways.
  • pistol 24 May 2006 12:07:42 13,018 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    dravenclarke wrote:
    Id never buy a 360 off ebay, to much risk thats its a fucked up release console.. and with prices as they are your going going to save a couple of quid anyway.. not worth it.

I do buy quite a lot of stuff from ebay though, my feedback is around 150 and ive only had 3-4 times stuff hasnt turned up.. Just always makes sure the listings are covered by paypal then if somthing does go wrong at least you can easily get your money back.

I think half the things that dont turn up are the fucking postmen stealing them :-/.. if i buy anything DVD shaped then theres only a 50 / 50 chance its gona get here :(

My feedback is around 130 & I've never had an item not turn up. I think as long as you're careful and as you said, only buy stuff using Paypal, you're protected. I'm also quite fussy about who I buy from, as in they've got to have high feedback. As someone else said on here, at least 98%.
  • Dirtbox 24 May 2006 12:10:28 91,433 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Post deleted
  • MrWorf 1 Jun 2006 18:18:50 63,835 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    The only thing I hate about Ebay is that Sellers seem to think they can charge you 5 for a first class stamp. It's fucking ridculous.
  • KTM 2 Nov 2006 16:39:26 1,674 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So did he get all your money back Owen-B?
  • Deleted user 2 November 2006 17:15:11
    KTM wrote:
    So did you get all your money back Owen-B?
    Fixed... ;)

And yes, I did. There's another thread documenting that one. I'll find it, hang on...

eBay, Paypal, and getting ripped off: A Horror Story

Edited by Owen-B at 17:16:59 02-11-2006
  • Zuiyo 2 Nov 2006 17:23:50 46 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bought a car off eBay on Saturday and everything went silky smooth. I spent in excess of a grand.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.