Following The 'Official' UFC appreciation thread Page 415

• Frogofdoom 7 Oct 2018 18:55:33 10,121 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Considerably more damage was done in the coach attack though. Rose has essentially been left with PTSD if reports are to be believed without taking any other injuries into account.
  • Baihu1983 7 Oct 2018 19:00:31 10,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:
    So dumb trying to justify his actions because of trash talk. I know McGregor is an asshat and stuff, but I don't accept that.

I don't accept 'different culture, etc' or any of that either. That's like accepting Isis.

Fight was boring, hopefully no rematch. Undercard good though.
    If your promotion's golden boy gets effectively rewarded for acting like a cunt, don't get surprised when others act like cunts
    True. But I think it's different when it is done during an event or sporting arena.

Take Steven Gerrard punching someone in a public bar for example. Basically got away with it, backed by Liverpool throughout. If he was punching people in the crowd or the dugout would that have been the same?
    They would have supported him and made a t-shirt.
  • JYM60 7 Oct 2018 19:02:30 17,559 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lol

Yeah was thinking using Liverpool probably a bad example seeing they supported someone being a racist piece of shit during a match...

Edited by JYM60 at 19:02:56 07-10-2018
  • Kostabi 7 Oct 2018 20:08:13 5,916 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:
    So dumb trying to justify his actions because of trash talk. I know McGregor is an asshat and stuff, but I don't accept that.

I don't accept 'different culture, etc' or any of that either. That's like accepting Isis.

If your promotion's golden boy gets effectively rewarded for acting like a cunt, don't get surprised when others act like cunts
    True. But I think it's different when it is done during an event or sporting arena.

Take Steven Gerrard punching someone in a public bar for example. Basically got away with it, backed by Liverpool throughout. If he was punching people in the crowd or the dugout would that have been the same?
    They would have supported him and made a t-shirt.
    Cantona kicked someone in the face at a match and didn't even get a year ban. :D

Also, was nice to see the gobby shite get choked out. Sadly, all the resulting aftermath probably means Khabib will get stripped and Connor will end up fighting for the vacant belt. Hopefully the atheltic commision deems it all happened after the official result and leave it alone and it's just a UFC punishment that comes down.
  • fontgeeksogood 7 Oct 2018 20:20:51 2,827 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    When is Dana gonna fuck off, anyway
  • pratty 7 Oct 2018 20:23:18 348 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    More money in a rematch on these terms than one built on respect. It's just the general curve it's taken, it's WWE with a real fight at the end of it instead of a fake one.
    Well, that's prize fighting.

At least the hate here is real. In boxing they say they hate each other before the fight, then hug and gush about each other afterwards, and even outright tell the mislead audience they didn't mean what they said before, and only said it to hype the fight.
  • fontgeeksogood 7 Oct 2018 20:26:47 2,827 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    In other news, a patron last night smuggled in some of Conor's whisky, and I'm happy to report it is terrible
  • Baihu1983 8 Oct 2018 05:56:13 10,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Khabibs manager with a sorry not sorry bit,

I want to congratulate my brother @khabib_nurmagomedov The undisputed, undefeated pound for pound king. There was never 2 Kings from beginning, only one king. This is not the way we want to celebrate such a dominant performance but when you talk about people’s country, family and religion and intentionally try to kill someone like he said and the cornermen running their mouths after, this is the fight game & shit happens. The fans got an amazing fight and a great show. I want apologize to the Nevada athletic commission, the governer of Nevada and I want to thank Las Vegas police department and security for doing such an unbelievable job. Now everyone understands who’s the amateur here.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Oct 2018 08:13:42 10,121 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They can do whatever they want to Khabib but if they strip him it will ruin that 155 division as whoever has the belt is a paper champion. DC always had the problem at lhw because everyone always knew Jones was the man. Best thing they can do is put Ferguson against him as he is a legitimate challenge for Khabib and hope that he pulls it off.
  • yegon 8 Oct 2018 08:17:05 6,283 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, it was officially “pre-emptive self defence” I’ll have you know! Entirely unreasonable of the DJ not wishing to play Phil Collins.

Edited by yegon at 08:18:10 08-10-2018
  • Frogofdoom 8 Oct 2018 08:20:32 10,121 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also don't forget Conor stormed into a Bellator ring where he wasn't licensed to be and shoved a referee. He hardly had the book thrown at him for that.
  • Bichii 8 Oct 2018 08:57:06 763 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    They can do whatever they want to Khabib but if they strip him it will ruin that 155 division as whoever has the belt is a paper champion. DC always had the problem at lhw because everyone always knew Jones was the man. Best thing they can do is put Ferguson against him as he is a legitimate challenge for Khabib and hope that he pulls it off.
    Stop being so sensible this is the ufc
  • captbirdseye 8 Oct 2018 09:21:52 8,926 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    When is Dana gonna fuck off, anyway
    When Vince McMahon buys him out.
  • Blakester 8 Oct 2018 09:43:32 4,546 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Such a good main card, it's a shame no one is talking about the fights.

Derrick Lewis looking like he got straight off the sofa to fight, sustained massive damage to his eyes and then pulled off a hail-mary of a KO. His interview was hilarious, respect to Joe Rogan for keeping it together.

Tony Ferguson slicing and dicing with his elbows - he's such an odd character though. The shot of him warming in his his suit and tie, practicing basketball skills says virtually everything you need to know about him. Must be all that hanging around with flat-earth conspiracist Eddie Bravo.
  • Baihu1983 8 Oct 2018 13:30:48 10,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Easily one of the best cards in a while.

If not banned then they should finally do Ferguson vs Khabib before Conor gets another shot
  • Lukus 8 Oct 2018 13:47:30 21,424 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What I hate about when UFC goes mainstream for a night is how everyone at work is suddenly an expert in MMA and has an opinion on everything without any kind of proper context.

This must be how football fans feel during the world cup.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Oct 2018 13:51:48 8,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I love Derrick Lewis, but he was somehow #2 in the division before the Volkov fight, and he won. Wtf is next for him? There's only Stipe and DC above him, and they will both absolutely destroy him.
  • Baihu1983 8 Oct 2018 13:53:09 10,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Conors latest Insta post says,

We lost the fight but won the battle.
    The war goes on
  • AddyJB 8 Oct 2018 13:58:50 122 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    I love Derrick Lewis, but he was somehow #2 in the division before the Volkov fight, and he won. Wtf is next for him? There's only Stipe and DC above him, and they will both absolutely destroy him.
    I loved his post fight interviews. He basically said his body isn't ready for a title shot. Id love to see him win a title. He's refreshingly honest.
  • craigy Staff 8 Oct 2018 14:22:55 9,361 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Lukus yeah no kidding. What's also suuuper annoying about MMA attracting the mainstream press was that I was keeping away from the Internet on Sunday to avoid the results until I could sit down and watch the card in peace and quiet, then the midday news comes on on BBC Radio 2 and they start talking about Khabib putting on the smesh! From Michael Ball to Khabib Time. Grr.
  • Baihu1983 8 Oct 2018 14:30:40 10,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it was annoying walking in and hearing BBC news talk about it.

Never given the sport coverage before on tv
  • Lukus 8 Oct 2018 15:05:16 21,424 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @craigy Oh man, that's horrible luck. I deliberately got up at 3.30am to watch as I was due in work on Sunday and knew that despite telling my team 'no spoilers!' it was almost inevitable I'd overhear someone else discussing it.

I've made the mistake before of forgetting that my Facebook feed will spoil everything and realising when it's too late. Sucks.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Oct 2018 15:07:28 8,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, unfortunately you have to get up for Conor cards, it's pretty annoying. But then if he's only fighting once every 2 years it's not such a big deal.
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Oct 2018 23:21:24 17,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    QotSAfan wrote:
    It's the UFC's fault. Just a company that is absolutely focused on making money over anything else. They should have reprimanded Khabib and McGregor a long time before this. Can''t let scumbags dictate their own limits.
    Seriously, I can't see beyond this.
    Genuinely surprised people are surprised, Dana in particular. What did he expect?
    The dude was claiming how disgusting Conor's bus attack was, then bloody used it as promo for the fight.

He literally stood there and laughed and drank whiskey with Conor after Conor had offered a devout Muslim a drink, then called him and his people "backward f*cks" for not drinking. Then Dana was all merry and drinking with Conor. Then Conor preceded to use racist-baiting language like "send those dirty dagastan rats back home" all the while Dana laughing and smiling, and sat there as Conor brought up Putin, attacking Khabib's Dad and personal information on his people, etc. Once again, a reminder than Conor attacked a bus leaving 1 fighter with injuries and another shaken, and the UFC used it as Promo. We're already living in a post-Trump & Brexit anti-foreigners (and in America deffo anti-brown folks) world, and Dana let Conor stoke the fires some more.

Then that thicko Danis was apparently calling Khabib a terrorist by the ringside.

I genuinely amazed that Dana is surprised, so much so that he must secretly love it.
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Oct 2018 23:25:55 17,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    I was a bit surprised they didn't announce a DQ win for Conor. It's happened in the past with bad shows of sportsmanship.

Here's what I think might happen next:
    - NSAC do an investigation and overturn the fight to a no contest
    - Khabib gets stripped and suspended
    - The UFC set up Tony vs Conor for the vacant belt
    - The winner fights Khabib once his suspension is up
    - But he can't get a Visa any more so they do the event in... Mother Russia.
    - $$$

Everyone who thinks it's a "work" doesn't understand the difference between WWF and MMA and is overlooking how winding up someone so devoutly religious and family oriented about those two things is going to make them very angry to the point where rules don't matter. They give Conor so much leeway with promotion where he crosses lines with what he says, but the UFC aren't in the business of setting up riots at their own events.
    The leeway and bias towards Conor was so bad he was openly cheating in the fight and Herb Dean, looking directly at it, ignored it.
    - Threw a knee to the head when on his back. No warning.
    - Gripped the cage with his feet. Got a warning. Did it again, Herb saw it, said nothing.
    - Holding Khabib's gloves that even Khabib complained to Herb mid-grapple. No warning.
    - Pulled on his shorts at least twice infront of Dean. Yet no warning.

Don't think I've ever seen that many cheating actions in a single round by a fighter and only received 1 warning.
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Oct 2018 23:28:51 17,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bahamafish wrote:
    Blakester wrote:
    Ignoring all the post-fight drama, who the hell could have predicted that Khabib would win the stand-up, dropping Conor with a beautiful overhand right.

Conor was outclassed, possibly the worst he’s ever looked in the octagon, but fair play to him for surviving that second round.
    Jon Anik called Conor Mcgregor the best striker in the UFC history - then he gets schooled by Khabib on the feet right after.
    Yeh that was hilarious.
    Conor fought with such a sense of hubris and arrogance I'm surprised by. He fought as if he genuinely thought Khabib's wrestling threat wasn't much to be afraid of.
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Oct 2018 23:33:52 17,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Yeah it was annoying walking in and hearing BBC news talk about it.

Never given the sport coverage before on tv
    Tbf, they did cover the Rhonda 1st loss.
    Oh and when Jones ran away after hitting the pregnant lady.
  • DreadedWalrus 9 Oct 2018 14:58:58 1,773 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    The leeway and bias towards Conor was so bad he was openly cheating in the fight and Herb Dean, looking directly at it, ignored it.
    - Threw a knee to the head when on his back. No warning.
    - Gripped the cage with his feet. Got a warning. Did it again, Herb saw it, said nothing.
    - Holding Khabib's gloves that even Khabib complained to Herb mid-grapple. No warning.
    - Pulled on his shorts at least twice infront of Dean. Yet no warning.

Don't think I've ever seen that many cheating actions in a single round by a fighter and only received 1 warning.
    He was also gripping the cage with his hand in the leadup to the submission without warning. Different round, but still. I took a screenshot, but it's more obvious in motion:

https://i.imgur.com/UCDpB0V.jpg
  • The-Bodybuilder 9 Oct 2018 15:10:43 17,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Saw that. 14 incidents of cheating in total.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 9 Oct 2018 15:23:52 8,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just read a report that Derrick Lewis Vs Daniel Cornier is being mulled for 230. What the shit is up with that? I love Lewis, but IMO he would lose to Cormier on his best day, and he just got fucked up. Now they want him to fight one of the GOATs on 2 month's notice? I hope he's getting paid well if it comes off.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.