The 'Official' UFC appreciation thread Page 423

• mothercruncher 29 Dec 2018 21:20:51 15,667 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The irony of you dismissing QOTSA as an “online science guy”, discovering that he is, and then dismissing his extrapolated reasoning because “another paper or agency, can’t be bothered to remember which...” chimes with your take Lukus.

Jones doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point he’s a multi time convicted cheat and all around scum bag. When he’s not hiding under a ring for 8 hours, pissing in his pants, because the doping testers pay him a surprise visit, he’s running pregnant ladies down while high and then fleeing the scene until the coke works its way out of his body. Couple that with a long, well documented history of corrupt sports companies, governing bodies and even government bodies and, on balance, Jones has been on the fucking sauce again. I don’t understand why anyone would want to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. He didn’t deserve it the last time he banged a needle in his arm- he absolutely doesn’t deserve it this time either.

I hope he’s made into a fine mist. Unfortunately, one of the most prolific cheats in MMA currently is also one of the most skilled and I think Gus is in for a huge hiding.
  • fontgeeksogood 29 Dec 2018 21:25:52 4,280 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    You can't really be mad at Jones for being Jones, he's cheated and been let back in so many times. I'm wholly pissed off at the UFC for trampling over MMA reputation and (less so) USADA for not sharing his failed October and November tests with CSAC before the hearing
  • Lukus 29 Dec 2018 21:34:26 21,549 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    The irony of you dismissing QOTSA as an “online science guy”, discovering that he is, and then dismissing his extrapolated reasoning because “another paper or agency, can’t be bothered to remember which...” chimes with your take Lukus.

Jones doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point he’s a multi time convicted cheat and all around scum bag. When he’s not hiding under a ring for 8 hours, pissing in his pants, because the doping testers pay him a surprise visit, he’s running pregnant ladies down while high and then fleeing the scene until the coke works its way out of his body. Couple that with a long, well documented history of corrupt sports companies, governing bodies and even government bodies and, on balance, Jones has been on the fucking sauce again. I don’t understand why anyone would want to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. He didn’t deserve it the last time he banged a needle in his arm- he absolutely doesn’t deserve it this time either.

I hope he’s made into a fine mist. Unfortunately, one of the most prolific cheats in MMA currently is also one of the most skilled and I think Gus is in for a huge hiding.
    Whatever. Try reading all the other posts I made before condensing it down into some bullshit soundbite.
    I'm not even sticking up for Jones here, which is obvious if you actually read my words for what they are and take all your emotions out of it.
    I agree, he's a cheat or has cheated in the past, but if we judge the present on the past then we're all fucked.
  • mothercruncher 29 Dec 2018 21:56:36 15,667 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I’m not emotional about Jones, I am a little, I admit, when I hear people take the tales being spun here at face value because Dana White’s employee says so.
    You’re giving Jones a massive benefit of the doubt because of “experts”, while dismissing one expert on the previous page and, crucially, not quite catching the point (I think) that several of us have made that there are many vested interests- the experts you cite included- that are super fucking keen to see this fight go ahead because of the money to be made here.
  • senso-ji 29 Dec 2018 22:07:31 8,991 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I find it hilarious that just because someone has busted steroid users in the past, they are automatically considered an unbiased expert for the organization they work for. Novitsky is not a chemist, or a doctor. His testimony on the science behind Jones's latest indiscretion is third hand info he's handily spun into a story to appease the masses.
  • Lukus 29 Dec 2018 23:04:40 21,549 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    I’m not emotional about Jones, I am a little, I admit, when I hear people take the tales being spun here at face value because Dana White’s employee says so.
    You’re giving Jones a massive benefit of the doubt because of “experts”, while dismissing one expert on the previous page and, crucially, not quite catching the point (I think) that several of us have made that there are many vested interests- the experts you cite included- that are super fucking keen to see this fight go ahead because of the money to be made here.
    Of course I get those points. They're incredibly obvious. But then state them in a certain way and you're dangerously close to conspiracy theory nonsense. Of course the UFC have a vested interest spinning everything a certain way. Like every business ever. Of course money talks. But I don't think that many people would put their reputations on the line for one fight were it not for a sufficient interpretation and explanation and, crucially, understanding of all the facts.

And I'm not sure even Quotsafan would count himself as an expert in this specific field. That's really clutching at straws and putting a lot of faith in one post on the internet to support your view.

And if I understand his point correctly, he's basically implying All fatty reserves would be depleted during a weight cut, thus all traces of the substance should have been flushed out. Losing all fat reserves is not possible.

Anyway, I think we're going round in circles. Roll on the fight. I'm rooting for Guss.
  • POPTONES 30 Dec 2018 00:02:11 417 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All this shit aside, how do I watch the fight in the UK?
  • POPTONES 30 Dec 2018 00:02:12 417 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • POPTONES 30 Dec 2018 00:03:11 417 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do BT Sport do a one off PPV or do I have to subscribe?
  • POPTONES 30 Dec 2018 00:03:11 417 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Bahamafish 30 Dec 2018 00:28:37 617 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Uriah Hall looked terrible

Edited by Bahamafish at 00:28:50 30-12-2018
  • BigOrkWaaagh 30 Dec 2018 00:29:15 8,218 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    POPTONES wrote:
    Do BT Sport do a one off PPV or do I have to subscribe?
    Gotta sub.
  • POPTONES 30 Dec 2018 00:39:31 417 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh fuckers. Silly money seeing as not interested in watching the football.

Am sure there’ll be a stream on Twitch or something.
  • Bahamafish 30 Dec 2018 04:53:24 617 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What a fucking fight!!!!!!!!! Amanda Nunes is the female GOAT
  • BigOrkWaaagh 30 Dec 2018 04:56:20 8,218 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Woke up just in time to see the walkout for the women's fight, what luck! And with that, HOLY SHIT!
  • Bahamafish 30 Dec 2018 05:06:12 617 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Now we just need a win for Gus.
  • mothercruncher 30 Dec 2018 08:06:03 15,667 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Lukus
    It’s not conspiracy theory nonesense sadly. It’s in sport and it always has been. A huge dose of scepticism should be everyone’s default position- history proves that time and again.

Meh, Jones. Fuck him and the horse meat he rode in on.
    Absolutely fucking incredible to finally see Cyborg starched. She felt a couple of shots and went on the offensive, but unfortunately her opponent had reach and the skill she’s never faced before in MMA. She should have fought more intelligently, but I guess she’s not had to thus far.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 30 Dec 2018 09:22:33 8,218 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is it possible that the UFC will use Nunes' win to close Featherweight in the same way they're hoping TJ will close Flyweight? I mean it's not as if there's anyone up there for her to defend against.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Dec 2018 09:33:26 17,462 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nice to see at least one drugs cheat get beat up last night. Seeing her big Herman Munster face slowly realising it was was being punched too hard was beautiful.
  • AddyJB 30 Dec 2018 09:45:32 688 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Jones/Gus was a disappointment. Twas wondrous to see Amanda smash cyborg though.
  • mothercruncher 30 Dec 2018 09:51:43 15,667 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nunes has beaten two of the UFC’s “greatest ever” women fighters now. She’s positive, outgoing, but I don’t feel the UFC wants to push her very much. Will see I guess.
  • fontgeeksogood 30 Dec 2018 09:54:45 4,280 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    She should stop being so bloody Brazilian if she wants a push
  • mothercruncher 30 Dec 2018 09:56:37 15,667 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    no hespec
  • Frogofdoom 30 Dec 2018 11:12:31 11,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty dominant win for Jones there really.

I thought it looked bad for Nunes from the first 2 exchanges but the first time she caught Cyborg she had her in trouble. Cyborg completely panicked and went all out offense rather than trying to recover which was never going to work.
  • Bahamafish 30 Dec 2018 12:06:24 617 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    Nunes has beaten two of the UFC’s “greatest ever” women fighters now.
    She beat both in less than one minute.
  • SambaApe 30 Dec 2018 12:20:43 1,273 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Pretty dominant win for Jones there really
    What else did you expect from someone that was found guilty of juicing. A slow and lethargic performance? I doubt it.

Justin Gatlin ran a close to WR time in the US sprint relay trials whilst using exactly the same stage metabolite that Jones was stung for.

He has no credibility. This fight meant nothing.

Edited by SambaApe at 12:21:09 30-12-2018
  • Bichii 30 Dec 2018 12:31:23 883 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So happy cyborg got smashed. It was amazing. Jones make it look easy against a great fighter.
  • SambaApe 30 Dec 2018 12:44:52 1,273 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Bichii Amanda was the star of the show last night and ALL attention should be on her victory. She stepped up when few others would and viciously dispatched who most people regarded as the most dangerous of all time.

The new star of MMA for me. They could push her to the moon.

The inherent problem though is no one can is fit to share the octagon with her at the moment and as Demetrius Johnson found out, being fed schmuks doesn’t sell PPVs.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Dec 2018 13:27:16 17,462 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Love watching steroid mutants getting fucked up. Wish she's stamped on her balls when she was down as well.

• Lukus 30 Dec 2018 13:38:45 21,549 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think Cyborg is used to being the bigger puncher and her opponents being a little bit afraid or in awe of her frame and her reputation. Nunes is tough as nails and clearly Cyborg isn't used to being hit like that. Really pleased with that result.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.