Any good vouchers floating around?

• Deleted user 2 September 2006 21:03:26
    I'm looking for a decent voucher to use to get a discount on online game purchasing - ie to get a 360 game down to about 35. I know there is/was one for a fiver off HMV online, but I've heard ba-aa-aaad things about them and I'd kind of like Dead Rising to be delivered ON Friday, not the following week (which I've heard they're wont to do...)
  • nick303 2 Sep 2006 21:20:28 1,525 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Gamestracker have a deal with Game - a fiver off. Here you go.

Or try something lie Hotukdeals.com

Edited by nick303 at 21:21:47 02-09-2006
  • Deleted user 2 September 2006 21:25:12
    Heh... I registered that 'Prize Draw' mailing list thing today via the Gamestracker link and haven't had a dickybird out of Game on my email, hence the ask... I also use the HotUKDeals site too! But you know, sometimes an offer slips under the radar... ;)

Cheers for the good links though! Hopefully others will make use of them. Anyone used HMV Online and NOT had a bad experience?
  • Mike_Hunt 2 Sep 2006 22:05:17 23,524 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Keep an eye on hotukdeals.co.uk for vouchers. That place has saved me a small fortune.

[MH]
  • banjoted 2 Sep 2006 22:26:26 1,500 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You get 3 off your first buy at Shoptonet, and as their 360 games are 36.99 anyway that woks out quite cheap.

Edited by banjoted at 22:26:22 02-09-2006
  • Deleted user 2 September 2006 22:38:44
    banjoted wrote:
    You get 3 off your first buy at Shoptonet, and as their 360 games are 36.99 anyway that woks out quite cheap.

Edited by banjoted at 22:26:22 02-09-2006
    Are they likely to churn out my Dead Rising to arrive on Friday, though?
  • Aretak 2 Sep 2006 22:44:01 10,391 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Owen-B wrote:
    banjoted wrote:
    Things from them typically arrive the day after they're sent (and via Recorded Delivery), so as long as they send it out on Thursday it'd be there. Don't know what their policy is on sending out pre-orders though.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2006 22:57:51
    Aretak wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    banjoted wrote:
    Things from them typically arrive the day after they're sent (and via Recorded Delivery), so as long as they send it out on Thursday it'd be there. Don't know what their policy is on sending out pre-orders though.
    Ah, recorded, you say? That's important to know, as I'm usually at work on weekdays. Is that how they deliver everything? I'll have it all sent to work if so. Have signed up but awaiting my 'validation code' (which they sent via email like all online shops do) to activate, which is a new one for me...
  • Aretak 2 Sep 2006 23:56:50 10,391 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Owen-B wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    banjoted wrote:
    Ah, recorded, you say? That's important to know, as I'm usually at work on weekdays. Is that how they deliver everything?
    Yeah, seems to be. The stuff that I've ordered from them was all sent recorded, and I've seen a lot of posts talking about it elsewhere. I guess they figure that it pays for itself if it cuts down the number of lost items (and false claims of lost items).
  • jozz 2 Sep 2006 23:58:04 4,871 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 3 September 2006 00:01:41
    Aretak wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    banjoted wrote:
    Ah, recorded, you say? That's important to know, as I'm usually at work on weekdays. Is that how they deliver everything?
    Yeah, seems to be. The stuff that I've ordered from them was all sent recorded, and I've seen a lot of posts talking about it elsewhere. I guess they figure that it pays for itself if it cuts down the number of lost items (and false claims of lost items).
    I completely agree - very encouraging actually. It's no problem for me to have stuff sent to work where there's a 24 hour presence, so it's all good. I only send eBay stuff by Recorded these days after I got stiffed twice, either by the Royal Mail or by a buyer who knew I wouldn't be able to prove either way if he'd recieved his game or not...
  • Dougs 14 Sep 2006 14:14:03 95,318 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    All jokes to one side - are shopto.net reliable then? Tempted to get the 3 off and get LSW for 15. Can't be bad.
  • Huntcjna 14 Sep 2006 14:19:13 13,890 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    All jokes to one side - are shopto.net reliable then? Tempted to get the 3 off and get LSW for 15. Can't be bad.

I've ordered 6-7 Games from them and all have been here next day, recorded delivery. if you can get over the poor site design (which is getting progressively better) then they are definatley worth your business.
  • Dougs 14 Sep 2006 14:22:15 95,318 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Excellent, cheers mate. Will take the plunge right now. Whilst recorded is good, it does mean that I won't be able to pick it up till Sat morning....assuming my postman bothers waiting for a sig!
  • manuel_garcia 14 Sep 2006 14:43:57 4,079 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The shopto site is absolutely shocking... it lists 6 360 games, but with links to more on adverts all round the site?

prices are good though, if only there was something i wanted to buy, i hope the offer lasts a couple of weeks more!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.